Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Cache Lake, Portage to Contentment
1. How many northern lakes had author John J. "Jim" Rowlands said he had seen when he happened upon Cache Lake?
2. What time of year was it when Jim first came upon Cache Lake?
3. What was the term used when the early morning mist that hung over the lake was referred to?
4. How long was it from the time Jim initially happened upon Cache Lake until he first returned?
5. What did the term "cache" mean?
A hidden storage place for provisions.
6. What did Jim relate was the reason it had been difficult to find Chief Tibeash despite his many efforts?
Indians did not leave forwarding addresses.
7. Describe the appearance of Chief Tibeash?
Small, lean, and having tough, strong muscles.
8. The Indian paddle stroke Chief Tibeash used was...
This section contains 3,703 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)