|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, August, Harvest of the Wilderness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wolves were heard at Cache Lake in February, but not as much as at what other location?
(a) Thunder Lake.
(b) Snow Goose Lake.
(c) Knothole Lake.
(d) Shining Tree Lake.
2. For sleeping in the open during winter, it was stated there was nothing to equal what kind of a robe?
(b) Goose down.
3. What mythological figure was January named after that had two faces so he could look ahead and behind simultaneously?
4. Jim noted that he generally cached his small canoe where?
(a) On Snow Goose Lake.
(b) On Shining Tree Lake.
(c) On Cache Lake.
(d) On Beaver Tail Lake.
5. What trees in the swamps sheltered the deer and moose during the winter?
(a) Black spruce and birch.
(b) Yellow pine and oak.
(c) Cedar and black spruce.
(d) Cedar and oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was described as a good way to store fish in the winter?
2. Chief Tibeash said the herring gulls in their region were apt to do what when a storm approached?
3. What board that was free of knots and had a straight grain was said to have been the right stock to make a light paddle from?
4. Why was it recommended to leave one's rifle outside the camp in freezing weather instead of bringing it in where it was warm?
5. Chief Tibeash dried fish in the sun, removed the gills and eyes, then wrapped them well separated in dry moss to keep them for how long?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)