|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, May, The Green Tide Flows North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chief Tibeash's hunting sled curved up in the front?
(a) It was wedged in-between a tree fork and tied back for pressure.
(b) It was laid upside down over a log with a heavy rock on the the front..
(c) It was soaked on end in about 4-6 inches of cold water.
(d) It was steamed slowly over a fire in wet cloth or moss.
2. Why was it recommended to leave one's rifle outside the camp in freezing weather instead of bringing it in where it was warm?
(a) Quickly warmed cold metal sweats and chips upon returning outside.
(b) Quickly warmed cold metal sweats and cracks upon returning outside.
(c) Quickly warmed cold metal sweats and freezes upon returning outside.
(d) Quickly warmed cold metal could fire spontaneously.
3. The remedy offered for metal that got so cold that it chipped was to heat it until it was dull red before it was plunged into what?
(a) A cold spring.
(b) A can of oil.
(c) A pail of tree sap.
(d) A bucket of packed snow.
(a) Tobacco smoking.
(b) Geologic science.
5. If one did not have a compass, what was suggested one could use?
(a) The wind and clouds.
(b) The sun and rocks.
(c) The clouds and rocks.
(d) The wind and sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hank arrive at Cache Lake?
2. Diagrams and discussion reflected which four tools as those essential for wood-carving?
3. Beyond wire springs, a diagram of one way a leather camp bellows could be made indicated what might be used to keep them expanded?
4. Jim noted the snow that remained in May beneath a shaggy spruce behind his cabin reminded him of what?
5. The man who tamed the moose to pull him around came into town on Saturday nights and tied up, then smoked what as people stared?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)