|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, May, The Green Tide Flows North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was suggested as one way of getting ahead when one worked through new wood?
(d) Tree marks.
2. Jim and Hank ventured to the dam located where each spring to determine how the beaver had fared the previous winter?
(a) On Beaver Tail Lake.
(b) On Otter Stream.
(c) On Caterwaul Creek.
(d) To Knothole Lake.
3. The Cache Lake country was a land of what type of terrain?
(a) Wooded mountains, most of them low, with many lakes and streams.
(b) Rolling hills, none of them very high, with many lakes and streams.
(c) Rolling hills, many of them very high, with sporadic lakes and few streams.
(d) Rocky mountains, most of them low, with sporadic lakes and streams.
4. Along the edge of Cache Lake to the south grew alder side by side with fish-net willows and what else?
(a) High bush blueberries.
(b) Low vine raspberries.
(c) Wild strawberries.
(d) High bush cranberries.
5. Spring was a good time for casting animal tracks as the wet ground made nice prints, especially when found where?
(a) In sand.
(b) In clay.
(c) In mud.
(d) In loose soil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim stated he one day hoped to glue together thin strips of white holly and dark wood into a block to carve a what?
2. What was related to have been some of the fun when ice fishing?
3. How did Hank arrive at Cache Lake?
4. What was described as the greatest mistake a man could make leaving camp without doing?
5. Jim, who favored what particular bird types, together with Hank made specific styles of houses to attract those they liked?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)