|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, May, The Green Tide Flows North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Indian paddle stroke Chief Tibeash used was short, began at the waist, and ended with a thrust from what point?
(a) The shoulders.
(b) The biceps.
(c) The cross arm.
(d) The wrists.
2. Jim named his new husky pup Tripper for what reasons?
(a) As a pup he tripped his owner, and later would take many sled trips.
(b) As a pup he tripped about, and tripped anyone near him.
(c) As a pup he tripped his owner, and later would take many canoe trips.
(d) As a pup he tripped about, and later would take many sled trips.
3. Jim stored all his "treasured things" in an old chest that he kept where?
(a) Under the steps.
(b) Out in his shed.
(c) Under his bunk.
(d) On the covered porch.
4. What were noted as the keys to surviving in the wilderness, finding one's way about, and avoiding possible dangers?
(a) Learn from those before you and simply apply the lessons.
(b) Observing things closely and watching the sun.
(c) Common sense and observing everything closely.
(d) Always bring a compass and extra food.
5. Hank sometimes made his own candles when he used the bark slipped from what small decayed saplings to mold them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rivets did Hank use when he made a new sheath for his hunting knife?
2. What was described as the greatest mistake a man could make leaving camp without doing?
3. Without a heavy pack, what was listed as the average speed one could hike on a good trail?
4. Jim, who favored what particular bird types, together with Hank made specific styles of houses to attract those they liked?
5. Jim's grandfather, a seafaring man, frequently related that those who ventured out without what in their boats were foolish?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)