|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February, The Stars and the Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stars on February nights were compared with sparkling jewels of what color on a black background?
(c) Pure white.
2. What did Jim relate was the reason it had been difficult to find Chief Tibeash despite his many efforts?
(a) Indians did not leave forwarding addresses.
(b) Chief Tibeash had moved away for a time.
(c) The north country was a sparsely populated area.
(d) The north country was very rugged and heavily wooded.
3. Cree Indians viewed the Big Dipper (part of Ursa Major) as the Great Bear constellation, and the three stars in the handle as what?
(a) Paw tracks.
4. How did Chief Tibeash regard Hank?
(a) He initially disliked, but later liked him.
(b) He initially liked, but later disliked him.
(c) He strongly disliked him.
(d) He strongly liked him.
5. Jim chose what site on Cache Lake for his cabin?
(a) An inlet.
(b) A meadow.
(c) An island.
(d) A knoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Great horned mother owls have nested in late February with the young beneath the mother's wings and covered in what color fuzz?
2. Jim had observed too many woodsmen suffering from what, to know that one could not abuse one's stomach without paying a price?
3. Why did the cold in the north country not feel as uncomfortable as that further south if the right clothes were worn?
5. Indians in the north country believed what had a spirit?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)