|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February, The Stars and the Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was viewed as the biggest mistake individuals could make regarding their compasses?
(a) Set them on logs or stumps.
(b) To become suspicious of them.
(c) Hold them too far away.
(d) Place them on the ground.
2. Wolves were heard at Cache Lake in February, but not as much as at what other location?
(a) Thunder Lake.
(b) Snow Goose Lake.
(c) Knothole Lake.
(d) Shining Tree Lake.
3. How many northern lakes had author John J. "Jim" Rowlands said he had seen when he happened upon Cache Lake?
4. Jim enjoyed a feeling of danger in which seasonal air?
(a) Cold autumn.
(b) Cool spring.
(c) Hot summer.
(d) Deep winter.
5. What was described as the greatest mistake a man could make leaving camp without doing?
(a) Taking matches and a knife.
(b) Telling friends the direction one was headed.
(c) Packing a full canteen of water.
(d) Taking one's compass and a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cache Lake country was a land of what type of terrain?
2. For sleeping in the open during winter, it was stated there was nothing to equal what kind of a robe?
3. Jim recalled one Thanksgiving he shared with Chief Tibeash and Hank where what was the only thing wrong?
4. How did Hank arrive at Cache Lake?
5. Indians in the north country believed what had a spirit?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)