|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, February, The Stars and the Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim recommended which tool as the most valuable in the woods?
(a) Your compass.
(b) Your knife.
(c) Your axe.
(d) Your gun.
2. For what purpose did Chief Tibeash fell dead trees when camping?
(a) For spirits as dead trees left standing brought rain and bad luck.
(b) For fires as standing dead trees were drier than timber on the ground.
(c) For shelter as drier, standing dead trees repelled more moisture.
(d) For camp perimeter as drier dead trees cracked louder and awakened.
3. Describe the appearance of Chief Tibeash?
(a) Tall, lean, and having tough, strong muscles.
(b) Large, stout, and having flabby, weak muscles.
(c) Medium, flacid, and having infirm, aged muscles.
(d) Small, lean, and having tough, strong muscles.
4. The Indian paddle stroke Chief Tibeash used was short, began at the waist, and ended with a thrust from what point?
(a) The wrists.
(b) The cross arm.
(c) The shoulders.
(d) The biceps.
5. What was served at the January picnic under the big spruce?
(a) Bear steaks, squash, sweet potatoes, and rolls.
(b) Venison steaks, onion rings, potatoes, and biscuits.
(c) Broiled fish, green beans, dumplings, and pie.
(d) Turkey, carrots, salad, and cornbread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cree Indians viewed the Big Dipper (part of Ursa Major) as the Great Bear constellation, and the three stars in the handle as what?
2. Jim made bait rods for fishing from what in February?
3. What was used as a measuring wheel to construct a rough map?
4. The remedy offered for metal that got so cold that it chipped was to heat it until it was dull red before it was plunged into what?
5. Wolves were heard at Cache Lake in February, but not as much as at what other location?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)