|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, January, Long Nights and Deep Snows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim recalled one Thanksgiving he shared with Chief Tibeash and Hank where what was the only thing wrong?
(a) It was two weeks late.
(b) It was a month late.
(c) It was two weeks early.
(d) It was a week early.
2. What was described as the greatest mistake a man could make leaving camp without doing?
(a) Taking one's compass and a knife.
(b) Packing a full canteen of water.
(c) Taking matches and a knife.
(d) Telling friends the direction one was headed.
3. Jim chose what site on Cache Lake for his cabin?
(a) An island.
(b) An inlet.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A knoll.
4. What was used as a measuring wheel to construct a rough map?
(a) A barrel hoop set between a sapling's forks.
(b) A front wheel and fork of an adult bicycle.
(c) A wheel barrow minus the tub and rear support legs.
(d) A buggy wheel set between a sapling's forks.
5. How long was it from the time Jim initially happened upon Cache Lake until he first returned?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Several years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim wrote about a young man that once blazed a trail on the side he came from, and might have been lost on his return if he had not done what?
2. What was viewed as the biggest mistake individuals could make regarding their compasses?
3. What did the term "cache" mean?
4. What did Jim relate was the reason it had been difficult to find Chief Tibeash despite his many efforts?
5. Along the edge of Cache Lake to the south grew alder side by side with fish-net willows and what else?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)