|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, October, Frost on Scarlet Leaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. June brought with it the first of the Cree families for the summer that came by birch canoe to settle in where?
(a) Snow Goose Lake.
(b) Beaver Tail Lake.
(c) Cache Lake.
(d) Shining Tree Lake.
2. Jim described how he made a bread knife from what type of blade?
(a) A coping saw.
(b) A bandsaw.
(c) A hacksaw.
(d) A bucksaw.
3. Jim, Chief Tibeash, and Hank made their summer trip by canoe to Lake Waweashkashing, which meant what?
(a) "A grassy place in the water."
(b) "Mirror of the sky above."
(c) "Peace beneath the falls."
(d) "A sandy shore all around."
4. How did Hank arrive at Cache Lake?
(a) By canoe.
(b) By plane.
(c) By foot.
(d) By a dog sled.
5. September days were described as often having been clear and feeling what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim recommended which tool as the most valuable in the woods?
2. The Indian paddle stroke Chief Tibeash used was short, began at the waist, and ended with a thrust from what point?
3. Three blasts on the horn made from that of a buffalo was suggested to signal what?
4. What was the term used when the early morning mist that hung over the lake was referred to?
5. Jim recalled one Thanksgiving he shared with Chief Tibeash and Hank where what was the only thing wrong?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)