|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, July, The Moose Are in the Lakes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wolves were heard at Cache Lake in February, but not as much as at what other location?
(a) Knothole Lake.
(b) Thunder Lake.
(c) Snow Goose Lake.
(d) Shining Tree Lake.
2. In Chapter 5, Jim knew it would not be long after the ice broke up that what would happen?
(a) Lily pads would sprout.
(b) The geese would return.
(c) Beavers would begin working.
(d) The ducks would return.
3. What was Tripper given a piece of to chew on virtually endlessly?
(a) Deer horn.
(b) Deer bone.
(c) Moose bone.
(d) Wood block.
4. Jim viewed frogs to be good for what?
(a) Providing comfort in their croaks.
(b) Proving yummy frogs legs.
(c) Eating annoying insects.
(d) Fish bait.
5. It was noted that tree swallows ate what else beyond insects as few other swallows did?
Short Answer Questions
1. It was suggested that "butterflies seem to dress to suit" what?
2. A cold room in the ground was built of double board walls separated by 2"x4" uprights, and the space between filled with what substance?
3. The best area for partridge in the Cache Lake country was said to have been around where?
4. The scent of what animals troubled deer and moose the most?
5. How was Chief Tibeash's hunting sled curved up in the front?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)