|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, September, The Moon When the Birds Fly Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The diagram of the trail cooking outfit showed a metal plate, bowl, cup, and pails made from what metal?
2. It was noted that when one worked hard in the woods, it brought with it a natural craving for what taste preference?
3. Chief Tibeash said the herring gulls in their region were apt to do what when a storm approached?
(a) Stay on the water or rocks.
(b) Dive for fish from the air.
(c) Stay in the trees.
(d) Stay out of the water.
4. Some brilliant colors of male birds in June change to what by winter?
(a) They become even more intense in splendor.
(b) They remain the same once they are fully grown.
(c) They do not even appear like the same bird.
(d) They diminish somewhat in their colors.
5. What trees in the swamps sheltered the deer and moose during the winter?
(a) Cedar and black spruce.
(b) Cedar and oak.
(c) Yellow pine and oak.
(d) Black spruce and birch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pictures of what animals were noted to be about the most difficult to get?
2. Three blasts on the horn made from that of a buffalo was suggested to signal what?
3. A harness of what type hide was made for Tripper to get him adjusted to pulling a sled by initially pulling a dead spruce piece?
4. What type of rivets did Hank use when he made a new sheath for his hunting knife?
5. When the sap was running freely, how many gallons were obtained per day from a good tree?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)