|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, September, The Moon When the Birds Fly Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim described how he made a bread knife from what type of blade?
(a) A hacksaw.
(b) A bucksaw.
(c) A coping saw.
(d) A bandsaw.
2. Chief Tibeash said the herring gulls in their region were apt to do what when a storm approached?
(a) Dive for fish from the air.
(b) Stay in the trees.
(c) Stay out of the water.
(d) Stay on the water or rocks.
3. What was described as the best hour a summer day offered?
4. What was Hank's view of most people when they snapped photographs?
(a) They were too close.
(b) They were not close enough.
(c) They took too few.
(d) They did not keep sunlight behind them.
5. Jim related how he once capsized when he canoed about 5 days out from civilization, but he kept his matches dry how?
(a) In a plastic container.
(b) In a wax paper package.
(c) In a small watertight bottle.
(d) In a sap covered matchbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was a side of bacon hung in the smokehouse?
2. In September, the Indians who had arrived for the summer headed where at this time?
3. Jim related the story of a man who fed, tamed, and finally broke to harness a calf bull moose that pulled his what?
4. What were the little wooden pipes used to tap sugar maples for sap called?
5. When the sap was running freely, how many gallons were obtained per day from a good tree?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)