|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Tsafririm protects Jew __________.
(b) In Africa.
(c) In Ethiopia.
(d) In Israel.
2. Why do the Israelis not reveal the existence of the missing missiles at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Mossad thinks they can locate them.
(b) Meir is embarrassed.
(c) The missiles seem to be duds.
(d) The Italians request it.
3. What part of an Exocet does Contreras agree to provide the Israelis in Chapter 11?
(a) The tracking system.
(b) The head.
(c) The propeller.
(d) The shell.
4. What does the katsas pose as in Chapter 16 to approach its Libyan contact?
(a) An insurance investigater.
(b) A UN ambassador.
(c) A foreign diplomat.
(d) A commodities trader.
5. How much does Contreras say a missile component will cost in Chapter 11?
(a) 10 million dollars.
(b) 1 million dollars.
(c) 100 million dollars.
(d) 1 billion dollars.
6. Why does the Mossad decide to limit what its agent does in Libya?
(a) They do not trust him.
(b) They do not understand his coding.
(c) They expect the Libya operation to be brief.
(d) They want to protect him.
7. Why does Black September replace Salameh with Mohammed Boudia in Chapter 10?
(a) Salameh is dead.
(b) Salameh is a Mossad target.
(c) Salameh botches the Meir mission.
(d) Boudia is the cousin of a wealthy Saud.
8. What business described at the beginning of Chapter 15 is a front for the Mossad?
(a) A pipe factory.
(b) A resort complex.
(c) A real estate firm.
(d) A law office.
9. In what year does the Mossad discover Magid?
10. What do the Danes attend every three years?
(a) A counterterrorism seminar.
(b) An evasive manuevers seminar.
(c) A languages seminar.
(d) A surveillance seminar.
11. Which of the following is not a city that Carlos attacks in Chapter 10?
12. In Chapter 16, the Mossad decides they will use their contact to identify all ______.
(d) Foreign nations.
13. Why does the Mossad want to make contact with Magid in Chapter 12?
(a) He is an anonymous Communist essayist.
(b) His wife is Arafat's sister.
(c) His company is a front for the PLO.
(d) His brother is a Syrian official.
14. Where does Magid meet a katsa at the beginning of Chapter 12?
15. How does Mossad foil Arafat's arm deal in the end of Chapter 13?
(a) They torch the boat.
(b) They blow up the dock.
(c) They switch containers.
(d) They kill the crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Ostrovsky discuss Arafat denouncing?
2. When the staff of the Mossad front in Chapter 15 leave overnight, what do they leave behind in addition to money?
3. In Chapter 12, how long does it take does the Mossad to mobilize a contact with Magid?
4. Who is Arafat problematically unpopular with in his region?
5. In the 1975 intelligence meeting, what type of research is placed as a high priority?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)