|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the acronym for the Mossad writing system?
2. Where is Victor sent for his botched assignment in Chapter 8?
(a) New Delhi.
3. What does Ostrovsky pose as in the second half of Chapter 5?
(a) A realtor.
(b) A KGB agent.
(c) A homeless person.
(d) A film producer.
4. In what do must of the agents in Komemiute specialize?
(c) Diamond smuggling.
5. How does the tapping of the Syrian official in Chapter 6 end?
(a) It ends with a Mossad agent's outing.
(b) It yields nothing.
(c) It creates a blackmail opportunity.
(d) It yields only coded messages.
6. Reporting to katsas in Chapter 9, Akbar says the PLO plan involves what?
(a) Poisoning food.
(b) Burning down a safe house.
(c) Planting weapons on an Israeli politician.
(d) Smuggling technical equipment.
7. What has changed at the Academy in Chapter 7?
(a) The terminology.
(b) The personnel.
(c) The political ideology.
(d) The building.
8. What has to happen before Halim and Ran S. can go out together?
(a) Ran S. gets access to prostitutes.
(b) Halim is fired.
(c) Halim's wife leaves town.
(d) Carter is voted out of office.
9. Why does Halim notice the Israeli agent initially in the Prologue?
(a) He always whistles the Internationale.
(b) He wears an Armani suit.
(c) He speaks Arabic.
(d) He accompanies an attractive woman.
10. When does Chapter 7 begin?
(a) October, 1982.
(b) July, 1976.
(c) April, 1950.
(d) December, 2000.
11. What do Mossad officials tell Victor to do regarding Jerry in Chapter 8?
(a) Eliminate him.
(b) Make an note in his file.
(c) Forget about it.
(d) Sleep with him and surveil him.
12. What is not studied by the cadets in Chapter 3?
(b) Communist theory.
(c) Drop boxes.
(d) Safe houses.
13. In Chapter 7, who does the Mossad say was the most important target in Dallas on November 22, 1963?
(a) Governor Connally.
(b) Lee Oswald.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
14. What does Halim agree to provide Goldstein in the Prologue?
(a) Fake passports.
(c) Plans for a nuclear reactor.
(d) Weapons grade plutonium.
15. In Chapter 5, where are the safe houses the rookies inhabit located?
(a) Tel Aviv.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In November 1971, Black September kills the premier of what country?
2. What do the cadets spend a year doing in Chapter 6?
3. In addition to an Egyptian scientist, whom else is killed by the Mossad in the Prologue?
4. How long are the cadets trained before becoming katsas?
5. What is the international communications discussed most prominently in Chapter 7?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)