|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Teddy Laskov believe Miriam Bernstein will have been changed by her experience?
(a) She will be eager to see him.
(b) She will not have changed.
(c) She will be more committed to peace than ever.
(d) She will be cold and aloof.
2. Why is Saul Ezer encouraged by the delegates in New York?
(a) It is the most well-briefed group he has seen.
(b) It is the most congenial group he has seen.
(c) It is the most varied group he has seen.
(d) It is the most intelligent group he has seen.
3. Why does Miriam Bernstein try to leave the moving aircraft?
(a) She wants to greet Teddy Laskov.
(b) She wants to find Benjamin Dobkin.
(c) She wants to stay behind with the wounded.
(d) She wants to stay behind with Jacob Hausner.
4. What is the problem when Benjamin Dobkin makes telephone contact with Jerusalem?
(a) Someone needs to verify that he has authorization to call.
(b) Someone needs to verify that it is his voice.
(c) Someone needs to verify his calling code.
(d) Someone needs to verify that he is actually in Babylon.
5. What has David Becker done throughout the standoff?
(a) Kept a log.
(b) Fired on the attackers.
(c) Tended the wounded.
(d) Worked on the generator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the joint chiefs in Jerusalem decide to do?
2. What is one theory about the unknown fate of Naomi Haber?
3. What does Jacob Hausner decide never to tell Miriam Bernstein?
4. Why does Teddy Laskov believe Ahmed Rish has not called Jerusalem with demands?
5. What does Peter Kahn finally succeed in doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Ibrahim Arif's taunting of Salem Hamadi?
2. Why does Dr. Al-Thanni recommend that Joshua Giddel make no attempt to rescue Benjamin Dobkin?
3. Why does the Prime Minister decide to ask the Americans to do the air reconnaissance mission over Iraq?
4. Why does Miriam Bernstein believe that Jacob Hausner wanted to stay behind?
5. Why is Salim Tayid able to survive when none of the other Ashbals attacking the west bank do?
6. What motives does Nathan Burg attribute to Jacob Hausner for wanting to stay behind when the aircraft left the mountaintop?
7. Why does Salem Hamadi understand that their attempt at getting money by taking the passengers of the Concorde 02 is over whether they win or lose the assault?
8. How does the guard recognize that Benjamin Dobkin is not an Ashbal?
9. Why do Jacob Hausner and Nathan Burg conclude that the conduct of a war is too important to be left to politicians?
10. Why does Ahmed Rish have to wash his face and hands after his interrogation of Deborah Gideon?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)