|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Ashbals participate in the final attack?
(a) More than fifty.
(b) More than seventy.
(c) Fewer than forty.
(d) Fewer than twenty.
2. How does the high command in Jerusalem learn of the location of the downed Concorde 02?
(a) Reports from a nearby village.
(b) High-altitude infrared photographs.
(c) Radio transmission.
(d) Guessing from military experience.
3. What does Ariel Weizman want the defenders to do?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Escape down the west bank and cross the Euphrates.
(c) Form a Masada pact and commit suicide.
(d) Wait for word from Jerusalem.
4. What does Jacob Hausner decide never to tell Miriam Bernstein?
(a) That Teddy Laskov knows about her missing husband.
(b) That no one knows about her missing husband.
(c) That he, Jacob Hausner, knows about her missing husband.
(d) That Ahmed Rish knows about her missing husband.
5. What does Salem Hamadi learn from the officer in the rear area?
(a) Help is on the way from Jerusalem.
(b) The Ashbals are in rebellion against Ahmed Rish.
(c) Benjamin Dobkin made contact with Jerusalem.
(d) The Jewish Iraqis have helped Benjamin Dobkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the second attack last?
2. How does Ibrahim Arif support the defense effort?
3. How does Teddy Laskov believe Miriam Bernstein will have been changed by her experience?
4. What is motivating the Ashbals for the fight?
5. What does Samuel Bartok offer to do regardless of whether the rescue mission succeeds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ahmed Rish have to wash his face and hands after his interrogation of Deborah Gideon?
2. How does Yigael Tekoah become a hero?
3. What advantages does the Sherji, the hot desert wind, give to the attackers?
4. Why does Salem Hamadi understand that their attempt at getting money by taking the passengers of the Concorde 02 is over whether they win or lose the assault?
5. Which countries are now involved in the events in Babylon?
6. Why do Jacob Hausner and Nathan Burg conclude that the conduct of a war is too important to be left to politicians?
7. What is the purpose of Ibrahim Arif's taunting of Salem Hamadi?
8. Once radio contact is established, why doesn't Teddy Laskov ask David Becker if Miriam Bernstein is still alive?
9. Why does Miriam Bernstein believe that Jacob Hausner wanted to stay behind?
10. Who suffered disproportionately during the captivity, and why?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)