|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has David Becker done throughout the standoff?
(a) Tended the wounded.
(b) Kept a log.
(c) Fired on the attackers.
(d) Worked on the generator.
2. What does Jacob Hausner think all their cleverness and strength has accomplished?
(a) Prolonged their suffering.
(b) Saved them from the attackers.
(c) Earned a place in history books.
(d) Bought time for help to arrive.
3. Why does Ahmed Rish need to keep the defenders alive?
(a) The defenders can testify that Ahmed Rish treated them fairly.
(b) Without hostages, Ahmed Rish has no power to negotiate.
(c) Ahmed Rish wants to torture the defenders.
(d) Ahmed Rish does not want to be tried for murder.
4. What ritual proceeding does the rabbi call a "strange custom"?
(a) Covering the faces of the dead.
(b) Waiting until after the Sabbath to bury the dead.
(c) Saying prayers on behalf of the dead.
(d) Refusing to bury nonbelievers.
5. Why does Teddy Laskov show the colors to the passengers on the C-130s?
(a) To let them know he is on their side.
(b) It is a show of defiance.
(c) To identify his sudden presence.
(d) It is good for morale.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the attackers near the crest, why are they unable to retreat?
2. What connection does Benjamin Dobkin, like most Jews, have with Babylon?
3. Why is the language similarity between Hebrew and Arabic ironic?
4. What language does Benjamin Dobkin speak to the villagers he encounters?
5. Why does Teddy Laskov forbid David Becker to move the Concorde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advantages does the Sherji, the hot desert wind, give to the attackers?
2. Why does Miriam Bernstein believe that Jacob Hausner wanted to stay behind?
3. How does the guard recognize that Benjamin Dobkin is not an Ashbal?
4. What motives does Nathan Burg attribute to Jacob Hausner for wanting to stay behind when the aircraft left the mountaintop?
5. Why does Salem Hamadi understand that their attempt at getting money by taking the passengers of the Concorde 02 is over whether they win or lose the assault?
6. How have the attackers improved their tactics for the second attack?
7. Why does Miriam Bernstein believe the role of the scribe is so important?
8. Why does Jacob Hausner think it is better for Miriam Bernstein to cry and howl when she is suffering pain and grief?
9. Why does Ahmed Rish have to wash his face and hands after his interrogation of Deborah Gideon?
10. To what does Major Bartok eventually attribute the successful defense of Concorde 02?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)