|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miriam Bernstein think her mother could have written?
(a) The family genealogy.
(b) The Ravensbruck poem.
(c) The account of the Holocaust.
(d) A diary.
2. As the attackers near the crest, why are they unable to retreat?
(a) They would lose face.
(b) There will be more casualties retreating than advancing.
(c) They are too anxious for the fight.
(d) They would fall in the darkness.
3. Why is Teddy Laskov unable to shoot the attackers?
(a) They are too scattered.
(b) They are too close to the defenders.
(c) They are out of his range.
(d) They are covered by the dusty wind.
4. What does Ahmed Rish think is the advantage the gods have sent the attackers?
(a) The quiet.
(b) The wind.
(c) The darkness.
(d) The heat.
5. What other group suffered disproportionate losses?
(a) The El Al crew.
(b) The interpreters and aides.
(c) The women.
(d) The peace delegation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sayid Talib?
2. Why does Hausner believe many of the defenders will not stand and fight?
3. What does Ariel Weizman want the defenders to do?
4. Who does Isaac Burg say will kill the defenders if they escape the Ashbals?
5. What is the problem when Benjamin Dobkin makes telephone contact with Jerusalem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lesson has Salem Hamadi learned as he watches the way Ahmed Rish deals with the young Ashbals?
2. How does the guard recognize that Benjamin Dobkin is not an Ashbal?
3. Why does the Prime Minister decide to ask the Americans to do the air reconnaissance mission over Iraq?
4. How have the attackers improved their tactics for the second attack?
5. Once radio contact is established, why doesn't Teddy Laskov ask David Becker if Miriam Bernstein is still alive?
6. Why does Dr. Al-Thanni recommend that Joshua Giddel make no attempt to rescue Benjamin Dobkin?
7. What is Peter Kahn's biggest concern throughout the ordeal?
8. What does Major Bartok find surprising about Nathan Burg's report of the incident?
9. Why does Ahmed Rish have to wash his face and hands after his interrogation of Deborah Gideon?
10. To what does Major Bartok eventually attribute the successful defense of Concorde 02?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)