|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom had the hill above the airport belonged before the Six-Day War?
2. Why does the rabbi tell Jacob Hausner the religious observances are important?
(a) They are important for unity.
(b) They are important for spirituality.
(c) They are important for morale.
(d) They are important for appearances.
3. Who has mentored Miriam Bernstein's career in government?
(a) Isaac Burg.
(b) Golda Meir.
(c) Itzhak Talman.
(d) Teddy Laskov.
4. Why does Benjamin Dobkin think the terrorists will attack quickly?
(a) The longer they wait, the more discouraged they become.
(b) The longer they wait, the more organized the defense becomes.
(c) The longer they wait, the more weary they become.
(d) The longer they wait, the worse the light becomes.
5. What does Peter Kahn see as his mission?
(a) To train the defenders in weaponry.
(b) To build the defensive line.
(c) To make radio contact with Jerusalem.
(d) To get the APU to power the Concorde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has secured Babylon's place in history?
2. Why is Abdel Majid Jabari hated by many Palestinians?
3. What does Hausner carry back up the hill to the Concorde?
4. How does Benjamin Dobkin know the terrorists are Palestinians?
5. What had the Arab Legion left behind in the hills above the Plain of Sharon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What compels Nuri Salameh to plant the bomb aboard the aircraft, although he believes it is "a great sin"?
2. What factors does Jacob Hausner believe contributed to the success of Ahmed Rish's plan to take over the Concordes?
3. What is the metaphor that Ahmed Rish uses about the joker in the deck?
4. What is Ummah and why is it important?
5. Why is Golda Meir's quotation inspiring?
6. How does Benjamin Dobkin react to Jacob Hausner's assumption of leadership within the defenders?
7. What does the kheffiyah worn by Abdel Majid Jabari symbolize and why does it put him in danger?
8. What old guerrilla trick have the Palestinians learned from the Viet Cong?
9. What similarities do the defenders see between themselves and those at Masada?
10. Why do you think Tom Richardson reacts with such great emotion when Teddy Laskov tells him that he has to be careful in giving out the information about the protection being given for the Concordes?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)