|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rabbi's concern about the Concorde flight?
(a) That they offer a prayer for safe travel.
(b) That they fast and pray for the peace they will negotiate.
(c) That they arrive in New York before the Sabbath begins at sundown.
(d) That they serve only kosher food on the flight.
2. What does Isaiah prophecy will be the fate of Babylon?
(a) It will never again be remembered.
(b) It will never again conquer the Jews.
(c) It will be conquered by Assyrians.
(d) It will never again be inhabited.
3. For what does Tom Richardson apologize to Teddy Laskov?
(a) Telling him the wrong flight pattern.
(b) Telling him secure information on an unsecured frequency.
(c) Telling him the wrong takeoff time.
(d) Telling him to leave the cannons behind.
4. Why does Jacob Hausner think Ahmed Rish has chosen Babylon for a location?
(a) It is far from anyone who could help.
(b) It symbolizes the captivity of the Jews.
(c) It is scenic and restful.
(d) It is surrounded by allies.
5. Who does Jacob Hausner say is the most important speaker in the group meeting?
(a) The military attaché.
(b) The captured assailant.
(c) The rabbi.
(d) The defense minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first lets Nuri Salameh know he will not be going home from the meeting with Ahmed Rish?
2. When does Nuri Salameh believe his fate was determined?
3. To what bird does the writer compare the aircraft?
4. What does Nuri Salameh worry about in Algeria?
5. What is the Hamseen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nathan Brin deduce the power source for the radio-controlled bomb?
2. Why is Dr. George Habash's quotation frightening?
3. Why does Jacob Hausner say that he will help find medications that can kill a person if taken in overdose for Benjamin Dobkin?
4. What similarities do the defenders see between themselves and those at Masada?
5. How do the Israelis know that there had to be a spy working inside Israel to effect the capture of the Concorde?
6. What leads Benjamin Dobkin to decide that the terrorists are "very clever fellows"?
7. What unusual defense strategies do the defenders develop as they wait for the second attack?
8. What does Abdel Majid Jabari's position in the Knesset tell us about the Jewish leadership?
9. What is Ummah and why is it important?
10. Why does Abdel Majid Jabari tell Ibrahim Ali Arif that he is a very self-centered man?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)