|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Tom Richardson and John McClure be able to leave under a flag of surrender?
(a) They are American.
(b) They speak Arabic.
(c) They are non-combatants.
(d) They are sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.
2. To whom had the hill above the airport belonged before the Six-Day War?
3. What does Jacob Hausner learn from the explosion of Concorde 01?
(a) The location of the bomb.
(b) The odds against outrunning the attackers.
(c) The seriousness of the attackers.
(d) The capability of the attackers.
4. Why does Ahmed Rish have a grudge against Jacob Hausner?
(a) Jacob Hausner tortured Ahmed Rish during interrogation.
(b) Jacob Hausner killed Ahmed Rish's family.
(c) Jacob Hausner humiliated Ahmed Rish by striking him under interrogation.
(d) Jacob Hausner broadcast Ahmed Rish's description.
5. What has Tom Richardson come to get from Teddy Laskov?
(a) Approval of the American participation.
(b) Approval for changes being made to the assigned escorts.
(c) A schedule for the peace talks.
(d) Information about the protective coverage of the Concorde flights.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nuri Salameh believe his fate was determined?
2. When had the ordnance been left behind by the Arab Legion?
3. What does Jacob Hausner assign the foreign ministers to do with the clothing in suitcases?
4. What did Jacob Hausner bring with him that impresses Benjamin Dobkin?
5. What first lets Nuri Salameh know he will not be going home from the meeting with Ahmed Rish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Benjamin Dobkin to decide that the terrorists are "very clever fellows"?
2. How do the Israelis know that there had to be a spy working inside Israel to effect the capture of the Concorde?
3. How does Nathan Brin deduce the power source for the radio-controlled bomb?
4. As Benjamin Dobkin watches the attackers advance, he thinks that he would give them a low grade on tactics. What do they do wrong?
5. What compels the stay-behind members of the Palestinian Auxiliary Corps to shell the Lod Airport?
6. What is the metaphor that Ahmed Rish uses about the joker in the deck?
7. Why does Jacob Hausner say that he will help find medications that can kill a person if taken in overdose for Benjamin Dobkin?
8. What unusual defense strategies do the defenders develop as they wait for the second attack?
9. Why does Chaim Mazar hope that Isaac Burg, Benjamin Dobkin, and Miriam Bernstein are all dead?
10. Why is Dr. George Habash's quotation frightening?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)