|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob Hausner learn from the explosion of Concorde 01?
(a) The location of the bomb.
(b) The capability of the attackers.
(c) The seriousness of the attackers.
(d) The odds against outrunning the attackers.
2. What does Nuri Salameh offer to do in Toulouse?
(a) Plant a bomb on another airplane.
(b) Create a distraction.
(c) Live under an assumed name.
3. What does Ahmed Rish say will be his first act upon landing?
(a) Killing Jacob Hausner.
(b) Killing those who disobey him.
(c) Killing Teddy Laskov.
(d) Killing all the Concord 02 passengers.
4. To whom had the hill above the airport belonged before the Six-Day War?
5. Who is in charge while the plane is in flight?
(a) Isaac Burg.
(b) Benjamin Dobkin.
(c) David Becker.
(d) Jacob Hausner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the rabbi tell Jacob Hausner the religious observances are important?
2. Where is Miriam Bernstein's husband, Yosef?
3. Who has mentored Miriam Bernstein's career in government?
4. What is the second miracle Ahmed Rish says Jews experienced in Babylon?
5. In Becker's opinion, why is Hausner's judgment no longer dependable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the kheffiyah worn by Abdel Majid Jabari symbolize and why does it put him in danger?
2. How many civilizations overran Iraq in ancient history, and which did the worst destruction?
3. A number of characters feel they have failed when the Lear jet comes into the air space of the Concorde. Who feels responsible for their failure to protect the aircraft, and why?
4. Why is Dr. George Habash's quotation frightening?
5. Why does Jacob Hausner believe it important to establish the chain of command?
6. What compels Nuri Salameh to plant the bomb aboard the aircraft, although he believes it is "a great sin"?
7. Why is Golda Meir's quotation inspiring?
8. What is the metaphor that Ahmed Rish uses about the joker in the deck?
9. Why does Chaim Mazar hope that Isaac Burg, Benjamin Dobkin, and Miriam Bernstein are all dead?
10. What factors does Jacob Hausner believe contributed to the success of Ahmed Rish's plan to take over the Concordes?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)