|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Teddy Laskov believe Ahmed Rish has not called Jerusalem with demands?
(a) Ahmed Rish is trying to increase suspense and desperation.
(b) Ahmed Rish does not have the peace delegation under control.
(c) The peace delegation has all been killed.
(d) Ahmed Rish has been killed.
2. What has David Becker done throughout the standoff?
(a) Fired on the attackers.
(b) Worked on the generator.
(c) Tended the wounded.
(d) Kept a log.
3. Why does Teddy Laskov forbid David Becker to move the Concorde?
(a) Teddy Laskov thinks the ship will explode.
(b) Teddy Laskov believes they will all be killed.
(c) Teddy Laskov believes they will kill the attackers he wants to interrogate.
(d) Teddy Laskov wants to be the one to rescue the defenders.
4. Why does Teddy Laskov show the colors to the passengers on the C-130s?
(a) To identify his sudden presence.
(b) To let them know he is on their side.
(c) It is good for morale.
(d) It is a show of defiance.
5. How does Benjamin Dobkin kill Sayid Talib?
(a) With a knife.
(b) With a rock.
(c) With the pazuzu.
(d) With a stolen AK47.
6. What offense is committed by Miriam Bernstein?
(b) Inciting to mutiny.
(c) Sleeping on guard duty.
(d) Refusing to bear arms.
7. Why is the defense of the downed aircraft a battle of attrition?
(a) The attackers have to wait only until the Israelis run out of ammunition.
(b) The attackers have to wait only until the Israelis run out of food.
(c) The defenders have to wait only until help arrives.
(d) The defenders have to wait only until the attackers give up.
8. What will happen to Jacob Hausner if he stays concealed after the attackers have passed him?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will survive.
(c) He will kill Ahmed Rish.
(d) He will be a hero.
9. What is the problem when Benjamin Dobkin makes telephone contact with Jerusalem?
(a) Someone needs to verify his calling code.
(b) Someone needs to verify that he is actually in Babylon.
(c) Someone needs to verify that he has authorization to call.
(d) Someone needs to verify that it is his voice.
10. How long does the second attack last?
(a) Two hours and fifteen minutes.
(b) Seventeen minutes.
(c) Thirty-nine minutes.
(d) All night.
11. What does Miriam Bernstein think her mother could have written?
(a) A diary.
(b) The account of the Holocaust.
(c) The family genealogy.
(d) The Ravensbruck poem.
12. What message does Teddy Laskov radio to Miriam Bernstein?
(a) I love you.
(b) Chin up.
(c) See you soon.
(d) Good job.
13. To what has Ahmed Rish's fighting force been reduced at the end?
(a) Fewer than two dozen of the original one hundred and fifty.
(b) Fewer than one hundred of the original two hundred.
(c) Fewer than one hundred and fifty of the original five hundred.
(d) Fewer than forty of the original one hundred and fifty.
14. What two options does Jacob Hausner reject?
(a) Escaping and attacking.
(b) Hand-to-hand combat and surrender.
(c) Attacking and standing fast.
(d) Retreat and surrender.
15. What does Jacob Hausner decide never to tell Miriam Bernstein?
(a) That no one knows about her missing husband.
(b) That he, Jacob Hausner, knows about her missing husband.
(c) That Teddy Laskov knows about her missing husband.
(d) That Ahmed Rish knows about her missing husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miriam Bernstein respond to Teddy Laskov's message?
2. What information does Ahmed Rish give Jacob Hausner?
3. What does Major Bartok find ironic about Isaac Burg's account of the incident?
4. As the attackers near the crest, why are they unable to retreat?
5. Why does Hausner believe many of the defenders will not stand and fight?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)