|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the foreign minister think Jacob Hausner stayed behind?
(a) To capture Ahmed Rish.
(b) To avoid facing an inquiry.
(c) For the honor of the sacrifice.
(d) For the sake of the others.
2. What message does Teddy Laskov radio to Miriam Bernstein?
(a) I love you.
(b) Chin up.
(c) See you soon.
(d) Good job.
3. Why do the attackers continue forward with Israeli forces coming up behind them?
(a) Falling back is certain death at the hands of Ahmed Rish.
(b) They are fatigued and confused.
(c) The Israelis in front are less well-armed.
(d) Capturing a hostage will keep them alive.
4. How long does the second attack last?
(a) Seventeen minutes.
(b) Thirty-nine minutes.
(c) All night.
(d) Two hours and fifteen minutes.
5. What connection does Benjamin Dobkin, like most Jews, have with Babylon?
(a) His ancestors had probably lived there.
(b) He had made a religious pilgrimage there.
(c) He had sworn never to visit there.
(d) He had visited as a tourist.
6. What does Jacob Hausner encourage Moshe Kaplan to do?
(a) Take an outpost position to warn the others.
(b) Collect ammunition for Naomi Haber.
(c) Attempt an escape down the west side.
(d) Attempt to shoot Ahmed Rish.
7. To what Biblical scribe does Miriam Bernstein compare David Becker?
8. Why is helping the rescue operation a no-lose situation for the Iraqi government?
(a) The peace mission will be salvaged either way and Iraq wants peace.
(b) The news will show the impregnability of Iraq to the world.
(c) Iraq will get good international publicity either way.
(d) If it fails, it's an Israeli tragedy; if it succeeds, Iraq has helped.
9. What keeps Salem Hamadi from murdering Ahmed Rish?
(a) Ahmed Rish is a hero to the Palestinian people.
(b) Ahmed Rish is a better fighter than Salem Hamadi.
(c) Ahmed Rish inspires Salem Hamadi.
(d) Ahmed Rish is Salem Hamadi's military superior.
10. How does Ahmed Rish manage to wound Jacob Hausner?
(a) By shooting him from behind.
(b) By throwing sand in his face.
(c) By attacking with a concealed knife.
(d) By mocking his failure as head of security for the flight.
11. How has Miriam Bernstein put Jacob Hausner in a compromising position?
(a) Jacob Hausner must show no feeling, but he loves her.
(b) Jacob Hausner must condemn the woman he loves to death.
(c) Jacob Hausner must appear to be impartial, but he loves her.
(d) Jacob Hausner has converted to her ideas of peaceful negotiation.
12. What offense is committed by Miriam Bernstein?
(a) Refusing to bear arms.
(c) Inciting to mutiny.
(d) Sleeping on guard duty.
13. Why doesn't David Becker get to congratulate Peter Kahn on getting power to the engine?
(a) Kahn falls from the moving aircraft.
(b) Kahn drowns in the Euphrates.
(c) Kahn doesn't survive the ignition of the engine.
(d) Kahn is shot.
14. Who does Isaac Burg say will kill the defenders if they escape the Ashbals?
(a) Their own people.
(b) Marauding Arabs.
15. What other group suffered disproportionate losses?
(a) The interpreters and aides.
(b) The El Al crew.
(c) The women.
(d) The peace delegation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hausner believe many of the defenders will not stand and fight?
2. Who is Saul Ezer?
3. Who is Charon?
4. What does Hausner believe the Jews should learn from the fate of Jews in Europe?
5. What language does Benjamin Dobkin speak to the villagers he encounters?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)