|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Shear-jashub say Jews in Babylon have played in history?
(a) They suffered on behalf of the entire culture.
(b) They were the center of Jewish culture and learning.
(c) They taught Jewish beliefs to the Babylonians.
(d) They integrated Jews into the larger world.
2. How does Miriam Bernstein respond to Teddy Laskov's message?
(a) She bursts into tears.
(b) She doesn't respond.
(c) She asks him to wait for her.
(d) She faints.
3. How many of Jacob Hausner's security team were killed?
(a) None of them.
(b) Six out of six.
(c) Five out of six.
(d) Three out of four.
4. How many Ashbals participate in the final attack?
(a) More than seventy.
(b) Fewer than forty.
(c) Fewer than twenty.
(d) More than fifty.
5. As the attackers near the crest, why are they unable to retreat?
(a) They are too anxious for the fight.
(b) They would fall in the darkness.
(c) There will be more casualties retreating than advancing.
(d) They would lose face.
6. What does Major Bartok find ironic about Isaac Burg's account of the incident?
(a) The defenders didn't want for the rescuers.
(b) A peace delegation defeated an armed force.
(c) Women overcame men.
(d) Israelis defeated Palestinians.
7. What solution does Miriam Bernstein propose?
(a) A frontal assault against the invaders.
(b) Attacking the small force on the west side.
(c) Bargaining with Ahmed Rish.
(d) Forming a Masada suicide pact.
8. What does Jacob Hausner say will be their first action if they are overrun?
(b) Shoot the wounded.
(c) Rescue the wounded.
(d) Shoot Ahmed Rish.
9. Who is Sayid Talib?
(a) A spy.
(b) A wounded Ashbal.
(c) A Jewish Iraqi.
(d) A seller of dates.
10. What language does Benjamin Dobkin speak to the villagers he encounters?
11. What interrupts Benjamin Dobkin's conversation with Jerusalem?
(a) The attackers kill Benjamin Dobkin.
(b) The joint chiefs don't believe it was Benjamin Dobkin.
(c) The operator cuts off the call.
(d) Benjamin Dobkin faints.
12. What does Peter Kahn finally succeed in doing?
(a) Making radio contact with Jerusalem.
(b) Getting ignition for the Concorde engine.
(c) Repairing the broken wing of the aircraft.
(d) Arming the non-combatants with homemade hand grenades.
13. How does Teddy Laskov believe Miriam Bernstein will have been changed by her experience?
(a) She will be more committed to peace than ever.
(b) She will be eager to see him.
(c) She will not have changed.
(d) She will be cold and aloof.
14. Why does Ahmed Rish need to keep the defenders alive?
(a) Without hostages, Ahmed Rish has no power to negotiate.
(b) The defenders can testify that Ahmed Rish treated them fairly.
(c) Ahmed Rish wants to torture the defenders.
(d) Ahmed Rish does not want to be tried for murder.
15. What does Jacob Hausner say is more awful than the desolation of Babylon when he looks at the picture of Ahmed Rish?
(a) People's faith abandoned.
(b) The human mind in ruins.
(c) The human soul debased.
(d) The human body degraded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel Bartok offer to do regardless of whether the rescue mission succeeds?
2. Who is Saul Ezer?
3. Which of the attackers makes his way onto the Concorde before it falls from the ledge?
4. Why does Teddy Laskov forbid David Becker to move the Concorde?
5. Why does John McClure think Tom Richardson speaks Arabic?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)