|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will man the operation against the Lod airport?
(a) Newly recruited members of the Palestinian Auxiliary Corps.
(b) Palestinian orphans from Iraq.
(c) Left-behind members of the Palestinian Auxiliary Corps.
(d) Al-Qaeda operatives.
2. Why does Ahmed Rish have a grudge against Jacob Hausner?
(a) Jacob Hausner tortured Ahmed Rish during interrogation.
(b) Jacob Hausner killed Ahmed Rish's family.
(c) Jacob Hausner humiliated Ahmed Rish by striking him under interrogation.
(d) Jacob Hausner broadcast Ahmed Rish's description.
3. What does Richardson recommend the group do?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Commit mass suicide.
(d) Attempt escape.
4. What does Ahmed Rish guarantee Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
(a) All Israelis will be released.
(b) No Israelis will be tortured if they tell the truth.
(c) No Israelis will be killed.
(d) No Israelis will be killed if they surrender.
5. How many assailants are there, according to the captive?
(a) One hundred fifty.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) Seven hundred and fifty.
6. What is the second miracle Ahmed Rish says Jews experienced in Babylon?
(a) The water there was turned to wine.
(b) The Jews were released from their captivity.
(c) Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego were saved from the fire.
(d) The Euphrates was divided for the Jews to cross.
7. What has secured Babylon's place in history?
(a) Its utter destruction fulfilled Biblical prophecy.
(b) Its hanging gardens have never been duplicated.
(c) It has risen like a phoenix to new glory.
(d) Its Ishtar Gate still stands.
8. What is David Becker's worst fear?
(a) Getting too old to fly.
(b) Being shot down.
(c) A terrorist prison camp.
9. To what bird does the writer compare the aircraft?
(a) A crane.
(b) A heron.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An ibis.
10. What does Jacob Hausner believe Ahmed Rish will do with all hostages?
(a) Send them home with misinformation.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Lie about releasing them.
(d) Torture them for information.
11. What does Nuri Salameh worry about in Algeria?
(a) The increase in terrorist activity.
(b) The political climate.
(c) His family members who still live there.
(d) The influx of refugees.
12. What does Teddy Laskov want to know from Miriam Bernstein?
(a) If she will oppose his plans for the conference.
(b) What she plans to say at the conference.
(c) Whether she will travel on the same plane to the conference.
(d) Where he stands with her personally.
13. Where is Miriam Bernstein's husband, Yosef?
(a) Missing and presumed dead in Syria.
(b) Preparing for the conference in New York.
(c) In a prison camp in Libya.
(d) At home in bed in Jerusalem.
14. Why is Jerusalem unable to track the flight of the Concorde and its assailant over land?
(a) They are flying too high.
(b) They are flying too low.
(c) They are flying blind.
(d) They are too close together.
15. What do the passengers vote to do as the plane is landing?
(a) Fight in the air.
(b) Fight on the ground.
(c) Surrender upon landing.
(d) Request a modification in terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the room where Ahmed Rish interviews Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
2. The author says that Nuri Salameh displays what "ancient Arab character flaw"?
3. Why is Jacob Hausner able to take charge of the defenders?
4. What does Babylon symbolize in the Bible?
5. What does Benjamin Dobkin carry with him to take his own life if he is captured?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)