|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nuri Salameh worry might give him away to the workers passing under the Concorde?
(a) His footsteps.
(b) His breathing.
(c) His sweat.
(d) His sneeze.
2. According to Psalms, what did the ancient Babylonians require of the captured Jews?
(a) A song.
(b) A story.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
3. How does Benjamin Dobkin know the terrorists are Palestinians?
(a) The Palestinian peace representatives recognize the voice of Ahmed Rish.
(b) Jacob Hausner recognizes the voice of Ahmed Rish.
(c) The Palestinian group has claimed responsibility.
(d) The Lear jet has Palestinian markings.
4. For what does Tom Richardson apologize to Teddy Laskov?
(a) Telling him to leave the cannons behind.
(b) Telling him the wrong takeoff time.
(c) Telling him the wrong flight pattern.
(d) Telling him secure information on an unsecured frequency.
5. What information does General Talman give to Chaim Mazar to thank him for his help?
(a) The information carried by the peace delegates.
(b) The possible identity of the traitor.
(c) The possible location of the downed aircraft.
(d) A promise not to reveal his part in the rescue operation.
6. Who does Jacob Hausner say is the most important speaker in the group meeting?
(a) The rabbi.
(b) The defense minister.
(c) The captured assailant.
(d) The military attaché.
7. Why would Tom Richardson and John McClure be able to leave under a flag of surrender?
(a) They are non-combatants.
(b) They are American.
(c) They speak Arabic.
(d) They are sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.
8. What is significant about the room where Ahmed Rish interviews Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
(a) It is the room where Isaiah saw the writing on the wall.
(b) It is the room where Shear-jashub saw the writing on the wall.
(c) It is the room where Belshazzar saw the writing on the wall.
(d) It is the room where Nebuchadnezzar saw the writing on the wall.
9. What ultimatum does Ahmed Rish give Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
(a) They must surrender before sundown.
(b) They must join forces with the attackers.
(c) They must support the Palestinian peace initiative.
(d) They must promise not to tell what they have seen.
10. What is the first color that blankets the entire aircraft?
11. What approaches the Concorde flights unexpectedly?
(a) An earth-to-air missile.
(b) An unidentified airplane.
(c) A military Lear jet.
(d) A civilian Lear jet.
12. What do the passengers vote to do as the plane is landing?
(a) Request a modification in terms.
(b) Fight in the air.
(c) Fight on the ground.
(d) Surrender upon landing.
13. Who will man the operation against the Lod airport?
(a) Left-behind members of the Palestinian Auxiliary Corps.
(b) Al-Qaeda operatives.
(c) Palestinian orphans from Iraq.
(d) Newly recruited members of the Palestinian Auxiliary Corps.
14. Why does the rabbi tell Jacob Hausner the religious observances are important?
(a) They are important for unity.
(b) They are important for morale.
(c) They are important for appearances.
(d) They are important for spirituality.
15. Why does Jacob Hausner think Ahmed Rish has chosen Babylon for a location?
(a) It symbolizes the captivity of the Jews.
(b) It is surrounded by allies.
(c) It is far from anyone who could help.
(d) It is scenic and restful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many assailants are there, according to the captive?
2. To whom had the hill above the airport belonged before the Six-Day War?
3. Why is Abdel Majid Jabari hated by many Palestinians?
4. How does the author say the painters enter to paint the aircraft?
5. How many children does Nuri Salameh have?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)