|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nuri Salameh offer to do in Toulouse?
(a) Create a distraction.
(b) Live under an assumed name.
(d) Plant a bomb on another airplane.
2. What is significant about the room where Ahmed Rish interviews Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
(a) It is the room where Belshazzar saw the writing on the wall.
(b) It is the room where Nebuchadnezzar saw the writing on the wall.
(c) It is the room where Shear-jashub saw the writing on the wall.
(d) It is the room where Isaiah saw the writing on the wall.
3. What does the intruder order Laskov to do?
(a) Land at the nearest clear field.
(b) Cover the flight of the Concordes.
(c) Send an "all is well" signal to Jerusalem.
(d) Turn the escort planes back.
4. How do the terrorists kill Nuri Salameh?
(a) They poison him.
(b) They shoot him.
(c) They drown him.
(d) They stab him.
5. How many children does Nuri Salameh have?
6. What does Ahmed Rish refer to as the joker in the deck?
(a) The terrorists in the Middle East.
(b) The saboteur in the group.
(c) The bomb on the plane.
(d) The Palestinians in Israel.
7. Why is Miriam Bernstein excited about what the day will bring?
(a) An Arab-Israeli peace conference is beginning.
(b) She has fallen in love with Teddy Laskov.
(c) She is looking forward to a good breakfast.
(d) She is meeting her old friend Abdel Majid Jabari.
8. What is the first color that blankets the entire aircraft?
9. Why does Hausner say he mistrusts the peace delegation?
(a) They are too determined to have peace at any price.
(b) They are too judgmental and harsh.
(c) They are too poorly educated.
(d) They are too optimistic and trusting.
10. Why doesn't Naomi Haber want to be a sniper?
(a) She hasn't been trained in artillery fire.
(b) She isn't a good shot.
(c) She doesn't think she could kill a person.
(d) She's sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.
11. What does Richardson recommend the group do?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Attempt escape.
(d) Commit mass suicide.
12. Who is a last-minute addition to the flight on Concorde 01?
(a) Tom Richardson.
(b) Teddy Laskov.
(c) David Becker.
(d) John McClure.
13. What does Babylon symbolize in the Bible?
(a) Aggression, overcoming, and pride.
(b) Weakness, sloth, and degeneracy.
(c) Ingenuity, persistence, and ambition.
(d) Pride, carnality, and sin.
14. To whom had the hill above the airport belonged before the Six-Day War?
15. What is the rabbi's concern about the Concorde flight?
(a) That they arrive in New York before the Sabbath begins at sundown.
(b) That they offer a prayer for safe travel.
(c) That they serve only kosher food on the flight.
(d) That they fast and pray for the peace they will negotiate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob Hausner believe Ahmed Rish will do with all hostages?
2. What does Ahmed Rish say are the two possibilities for Jews in Babylon?
3. What does Benjamin Dobkin carry with him to take his own life if he is captured?
4. What ultimatum does Ahmed Rish give Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
5. Why is Benjamin Dobkin sure Ahmed Rish has chosen the guest house in the ruins as his command center?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)