|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ariel Weizman want the defenders to do?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Wait for word from Jerusalem.
(c) Form a Masada pact and commit suicide.
(d) Escape down the west bank and cross the Euphrates.
2. How long does the second attack last?
(a) Seventeen minutes.
(b) Two hours and fifteen minutes.
(c) All night.
(d) Thirty-nine minutes.
3. What does the Pazuzu represent?
(a) The demon of hatred and anger.
(b) The demon of war.
(c) The god of the desert.
(d) The wind demon, bringing sickness and death.
4. Why does Jacob Hausner think Ahmed Rish has chosen Babylon for a location?
(a) It is surrounded by allies.
(b) It symbolizes the captivity of the Jews.
(c) It is scenic and restful.
(d) It is far from anyone who could help.
5. Why is Benjamin Dobkin sure Ahmed Rish has chosen the guest house in the ruins as his command center?
(a) It covers the entrance to the Ishtar gate.
(b) It is the only intact building.
(c) Only it has the electricity and running water.
(d) It has clear radio reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jacob Hausner bring with him that impresses Benjamin Dobkin?
2. Why would Tom Richardson and John McClure be able to leave under a flag of surrender?
3. When does Nuri Salameh believe his fate was determined?
4. How does the author say the painters enter to paint the aircraft?
5. To whom had the hill above the airport belonged before the Six-Day War?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)