|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ibrahim Arif support the defense effort?
(a) By taunting the defenders to make them angrier.
(b) By taunting Jacob Hausner.
(c) By taunting Ahmed Rish and Salem Hamadi.
(d) By taunting the Palestinian orphans.
2. What keeps Salem Hamadi from murdering Ahmed Rish?
(a) Ahmed Rish is a better fighter than Salem Hamadi.
(b) Ahmed Rish is a hero to the Palestinian people.
(c) Ahmed Rish inspires Salem Hamadi.
(d) Ahmed Rish is Salem Hamadi's military superior.
3. What last-minute changes are made to increase the security of the Concorde flights?
(a) Take-off time, pilots, and destination.
(b) Refueling procedures, escorts, and route.
(c) Destination, route, and escorts.
(d) Take-off time, radio frequencies, and route.
4. Why is Jacob Hausner able to take charge of the defenders?
(a) He was chosen by vote.
(b) He has the highest civilian standing.
(c) He commands the only trained fighters in the group.
(d) He has the highest military standing.
5. Why does Benjamin Dobkin think the terrorists will attack quickly?
(a) The longer they wait, the worse the light becomes.
(b) The longer they wait, the more discouraged they become.
(c) The longer they wait, the more organized the defense becomes.
(d) The longer they wait, the more weary they become.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge while the plane is in flight?
2. What is pilot David Becker counting as he flies?
3. What flammable plant makes the west side of the defenses unassailable?
4. What prophecy about Babylon did Benjamin Dobkin see was fulfilled?
5. Why does John McClure think Tom Richardson speaks Arabic?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)