|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Arab Legion left behind in the hills above the Plain of Sharon?
(a) Three machine guns.
(b) Three 120mm mortars with rounds.
(c) Three spy cameras.
(d) Three AK47s.
2. What does Jacob Hausner think all their cleverness and strength has accomplished?
(a) Prolonged their suffering.
(b) Earned a place in history books.
(c) Bought time for help to arrive.
(d) Saved them from the attackers.
3. What connection does Benjamin Dobkin, like most Jews, have with Babylon?
(a) His ancestors had probably lived there.
(b) He had sworn never to visit there.
(c) He had visited as a tourist.
(d) He had made a religious pilgrimage there.
4. What does Miriam Bernstein think her mother could have written?
(a) A diary.
(b) The family genealogy.
(c) The account of the Holocaust.
(d) The Ravensbruck poem.
5. What does Richardson recommend the group do?
(a) Attempt escape.
(b) Commit mass suicide.
(d) Fight to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Tom Richardson and John McClure be able to leave under a flag of surrender?
2. Who does Isaac Burg say will kill the defenders if they escape the Ashbals?
3. What is the problem when Benjamin Dobkin makes telephone contact with Jerusalem?
4. What does Teddy Laskov want to know from Miriam Bernstein?
5. As the attackers near the crest, why are they unable to retreat?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)