|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 25-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rabbi tell Jacob Hausner the religious observances are important?
(a) They are important for morale.
(b) They are important for appearances.
(c) They are important for unity.
(d) They are important for spirituality.
2. What does Ahmed Rish refer to as the joker in the deck?
(a) The terrorists in the Middle East.
(b) The saboteur in the group.
(c) The bomb on the plane.
(d) The Palestinians in Israel.
3. What does Hausner believe the Jews should learn from the fate of Jews in Europe?
(a) To be aggressive, not passive.
(b) To be pessimistic, not optimistic.
(c) To be forgiving, not vengeful.
(d) To be suspicious, not trusting.
4. What does Asher Avidar decide to do in response to the attacker's commands?
(a) Duck below them.
(b) Fire on them.
(c) Try to outrun them under cloud cover.
(d) Bargain for a separate peace.
5. Why does Benjamin Dobkin say the time of year is against them?
(a) The river is in flood stage.
(b) The heat is oppressive.
(c) Babylon is crowded with tourists.
(d) The dust will bury the Concorde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flammable plant makes the west side of the defenses unassailable?
2. What nationality is Nuri Salameh and the other workers who are complicit in sabotaging the aircraft?
3. What role does Shear-jashub say Jews in Babylon have played in history?
4. Why does the guarantee not apply to the Arab members of the peace delegation?
5. How does Benjamin Dobkin know the terrorists are Palestinians?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)