|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 25-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Arab Legion left behind in the hills above the Plain of Sharon?
(a) Three 120mm mortars with rounds.
(b) Three machine guns.
(c) Three AK47s.
(d) Three spy cameras.
2. How is the second onslaught by the attackers better done than the first?
(a) They are smarter and faster.
(b) They are more prepared to fight.
(c) They are more knowledgeable.
(d) They are quicker and quieter.
3. What does Ahmed Rish say the joker does for the game of diplomacy?
(a) The polite game becomes ominous.
(b) The game is over.
(c) The game becomes more interesting.
(d) The polite game begins.
4. What last-minute changes are made to increase the security of the Concorde flights?
(a) Destination, route, and escorts.
(b) Refueling procedures, escorts, and route.
(c) Take-off time, radio frequencies, and route.
(d) Take-off time, pilots, and destination.
5. How does the high command in Jerusalem learn of the location of the downed Concorde 02?
(a) Reports from a nearby village.
(b) High-altitude infrared photographs.
(c) Guessing from military experience.
(d) Radio transmission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Chaim Mazar give the joint chiefs?
2. Why does Jacob Hausner consider the flight of the Concordes unusually secure?
3. For what does Hausner first risk leaving the Concorde's position on the hill?
4. What fortunate excess surprises David Becker and Jacob Hausner?
5. Why does Benjamin Dobkin say the time of year is against them?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)