|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 25-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is motivating the Ashbals for the fight?
(a) They have been promised glory and honor.
(b) They have been promised a reality TV show.
(c) They have been promised revenge and riches.
(d) They have been promised eternal rewards.
2. What does Nuri Salameh worry about in Algeria?
(a) The political climate.
(b) The increase in terrorist activity.
(c) His family members who still live there.
(d) The influx of refugees.
3. What does Peter Kahn see as his mission?
(a) To make radio contact with Jerusalem.
(b) To build the defensive line.
(c) To get the APU to power the Concorde.
(d) To train the defenders in weaponry.
4. For what does Hausner first risk leaving the Concorde's position on the hill?
(a) To capture the weapons of the dead assailants.
(b) To negotiate with Ahmed Rish.
(c) To attempt to assassinate Ahmed Rish.
(d) To reach the radio in the command center.
5. What does Ahmed Rish say are the two possibilities for Jews in Babylon?
(a) Surrender or death.
(b) Infinite sadness or a miracle.
(c) Conquer or die.
(d) Return home or remain behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimatum does Ahmed Rish give Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
2. What does Jacob Hausner encourage Moshe Kaplan to do?
3. What had the Arab Legion left behind in the hills above the Plain of Sharon?
4. Where is Miriam Bernstein's husband, Yosef?
5. Who is Sayid Talib?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)