|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Israel: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahmed Rish refer to as the joker in the deck?
(a) The saboteur in the group.
(b) The bomb on the plane.
(c) The terrorists in the Middle East.
(d) The Palestinians in Israel.
2. Why is Miriam Bernstein excited about what the day will bring?
(a) She has fallen in love with Teddy Laskov.
(b) An Arab-Israeli peace conference is beginning.
(c) She is looking forward to a good breakfast.
(d) She is meeting her old friend Abdel Majid Jabari.
3. What does Ahmed Rish say the joker does for the game of diplomacy?
(a) The game is over.
(b) The game becomes more interesting.
(c) The polite game begins.
(d) The polite game becomes ominous.
4. How does Nuri Salameh keep his supervisor from questioning his presence in the tail of the aircraft after his shift?
(a) Nuri Salameh asks his supervisor if it is time to go home.
(b) Nuri Salameh asks his supervisor if the section is ready to be closed.
(c) Nuri Salameh tells his supervisor he has found a flaw.
(d) Nuri Salameh asks his supervisor to inspect his work.
5. When does Nuri Salameh believe his fate was determined?
(a) When he realized they were meeting in a dark place.
(b) When he was not transferred to Toulouse.
(c) When he installed the bomb.
(d) When Ahmed Rish first approached him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nuri Salameh worry might give him away to the workers passing under the Concorde?
2. How do the terrorists dispose of Nuri Salameh's body?
3. The author says that Nuri Salameh displays what "ancient Arab character flaw"?
4. What last-minute changes are made to increase the security of the Concorde flights?
5. What has Tom Richardson come to get from Teddy Laskov?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)