|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benjamin Dobkin carry with him to take his own life if he is captured?
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
2. What is significant about the room where Ahmed Rish interviews Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
(a) It is the room where Belshazzar saw the writing on the wall.
(b) It is the room where Shear-jashub saw the writing on the wall.
(c) It is the room where Nebuchadnezzar saw the writing on the wall.
(d) It is the room where Isaiah saw the writing on the wall.
3. What does Teddy Laskov want to know from Miriam Bernstein?
(a) If she will oppose his plans for the conference.
(b) What she plans to say at the conference.
(c) Whether she will travel on the same plane to the conference.
(d) Where he stands with her personally.
4. Why would Tom Richardson and John McClure be able to leave under a flag of surrender?
(a) They are non-combatants.
(b) They speak Arabic.
(c) They are American.
(d) They are sympathetic to the Palestinian cause.
5. What is the Hamseen?
(a) The hot desert wind.
(b) A Jewish holiday.
(c) The black and white head scarves worn by Palestinians.
(d) An Israeli greeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isaiah prophecy will be the fate of Babylon?
2. What does Ahmed Rish say will be his first act upon landing?
3. What ultimatum does Ahmed Rish give Jacob Hausner and Benjamin Dobkin?
4. What ritual proceeding does the rabbi call a "strange custom"?
5. Why does Teddy Laskov believe Ahmed Rish has not called Jerusalem with demands?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)