|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 21-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob Hausner believe Ahmed Rish will do with all hostages?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Send them home with misinformation.
(c) Torture them for information.
(d) Lie about releasing them.
2. What ritual proceeding does the rabbi call a "strange custom"?
(a) Saying prayers on behalf of the dead.
(b) Covering the faces of the dead.
(c) Waiting until after the Sabbath to bury the dead.
(d) Refusing to bury nonbelievers.
3. How does Ibrahim Arif support the defense effort?
(a) By taunting Jacob Hausner.
(b) By taunting Ahmed Rish and Salem Hamadi.
(c) By taunting the defenders to make them angrier.
(d) By taunting the Palestinian orphans.
4. For what does Tom Richardson apologize to Teddy Laskov?
(a) Telling him secure information on an unsecured frequency.
(b) Telling him the wrong flight pattern.
(c) Telling him the wrong takeoff time.
(d) Telling him to leave the cannons behind.
5. Why does Teddy Laskov believe Ahmed Rish has not called Jerusalem with demands?
(a) The peace delegation has all been killed.
(b) Ahmed Rish has been killed.
(c) Ahmed Rish is trying to increase suspense and desperation.
(d) Ahmed Rish does not have the peace delegation under control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob Hausner think he has been cursed rather than blessed when he escapes death again?
2. What does Ahmed Rish think is the advantage the gods have sent the attackers?
3. What information does General Talman give to Chaim Mazar to thank him for his help?
4. What is David Becker's worst fear?
5. What approaches the Concorde flights unexpectedly?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)