|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Babylon, The Ishtar Gate: Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benjamin Dobkin deduce from the fact that the radios have been jammed?
(a) The transmitters are inoperational.
(b) They're going to a secret destination.
(c) They're going to be killed.
(d) There will be a news release.
2. What solution does Miriam Bernstein propose?
(a) Attacking the small force on the west side.
(b) A frontal assault against the invaders.
(c) Forming a Masada suicide pact.
(d) Bargaining with Ahmed Rish.
3. What do the passengers vote to do as the plane is landing?
(a) Request a modification in terms.
(b) Fight on the ground.
(c) Fight in the air.
(d) Surrender upon landing.
4. What does the intruding plane inform the Concordes?
(a) There are terrorists aboard each plane.
(b) There are radio-controlled missiles aimed at each plane.
(c) There are radio-controlled bombs aboard each plane.
(d) There are suicide bombers aboard each plane.
5. What does Moshe Kaplan's sacrifice accomplish?
(a) Killed the entire invading group.
(b) Killed Ahmed Rish.
(c) Killed attackers and warned the defenders.
(d) Nothing; it was a waste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What defense do the defenders copy from Archimedes?
2. Why is the escort plane flown by Teddy Lasksov unable to fire on the intruder?
3. Why doesn't Naomi Haber want to be a sniper?
4. How does Ahmed Rish prevent communication between Concorde 02 and anyone else?
5. What thought comforts David Becker during the terrifying flight?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)