|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Schneider that he cannot leave because it would endanger the lives of the other men?
2. What report does Miller make after inspecting the state of the men's horses?
(a) He says that one of the horses is now lame.
(b) He says that the horses will reach starvation mode soon.
(c) He says that two of the horses have frozen to death.
(d) He says that the horses seem to be in good shape.
3. Who tells Andrews to go get his knives so the men can sharpen them?
4. Who is the only member of the party with the skills to turn gunpowder into bullets?
5. How many days does it take the members of the hunting party to finish their shelter?
6. About what issue does Schneider tease Andrews?
(a) Andrews's soft hands.
(b) Andrews's relationship with Francine.
(c) Andrews's lack of hunting experience.
(d) Andrews's young age.
7. Who sharpens all of the knives brought along by the hunting party?
8. What is the canvas and wooden tent meant to protect?
(a) The sleeping men.
9. Who is the first to ask Andrews if he is alright the morning the men awake to a snow-covered world?
10. Who momentarily decides to try to get back to Butcher's Crossing even though the party is snowed in?
11. By dark, how many "fair-sized trees" have the two men chopping firewood felled?
(a) A dozen.
(b) Half a dozen.
(c) Two dozen.
(d) Three dozen.
12. Who is in charge of poisoning the wolves in the valley?
13. For how many days have the members of the hunting party gone without food by the time Miller rides up to look at the snow?
14. For how long does Charley dig in the snow to find his lost object?
(a) An hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Ten minutes.
15. Miller tells Schneider that there is what between their current location and Denver?
(a) Only trees.
(b) A death trap.
(d) Only snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miller tells Schneider that one time he had been snowed in all by himself in what state?
2. What object does Miller NOT use to get a fire started the morning the men awake to snow covering the land around them?
3. When Charley sits down at the end of his reaction to the news that the party might be snowed in for the winter, who does he name as the person who will fix their problem?
4. Miller states that it is "likely as not" (184) that Schneider has done what in the night?
5. Which member of the hunting party believes that Miller cares more about the buffalo hides than he does about human life?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)