|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the hunting party do when the sun goes down on the first day of the trip?
(a) They stop for dinner and then continue traveling.
(b) They take a short break and light torches.
(c) They keep traveling.
(d) They bed down for the night.
2. Once the men get a fire started, who thrusts "his boots close to the fire, and almost into it" (186)?
3. When Andrews finally emerges from his first bath in months, he marvels at what quality of his skin?
(a) Its whiteness.
(b) Its softness.
(c) Its smoothness.
(d) Its leathery quality.
4. What is the hotel clerk's reply when Andrews asks the clerk if he knows a man by a particular name?
(a) The clerk replies that he has never heard the name before.
(b) The clerk replies that he will need to be paid for any information he provides.
(c) The clerk replies that they do not meet many strangers in Butcher's Crossing.
(d) The clerk replies that he does know the man and so does everyone else.
5. For how much does McDonald offer to sell his buffalo hides to Miller?
(a) 10 cents apiece.
(b) $2 apiece.
(c) $1 apiece.
(d) 25 cents apiece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquid do the members of the hunting party add to the boiling buffalo hides?
2. Miller tells Andrews that a buffalo never dies from what cause?
3. How many miles does Miller say the hunting party has traveled by noon on the first day?
4. What is NOT a quality of the hunting party's horses by noon on the first day of the expedition?
5. When Miller tells McDonald how many hides he has stored up in the mountains, what is McDonald's reply?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)