|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller reports that during his ride, he had seen snow up to how many feet deep?
2. How many buffalo does Miller kill before he cleans out his rifle?
3. At the start of the novel, the as-yet-unnamed protagonist rides within a stagecoach on its way to what town to Butcher's Crossing?
4. Miller tells Schneider that one time he had been snowed in all by himself in what state?
5. What warning does Schneider give to Miller before the hunt begins?
(a) He warns Miller to put blindfolds on the horses before beginning to shoot.
(b) He warns Miller to make sure his bullets are sitting correctly in the chamber.
(c) He warns Miller not to waste the party's water on dirty hides.
(d) He warns Miller not to kill too many buffalo at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the hotel clerk asks Andrews when he had last had a bath, what month does Andrews name?
2. What adjective does Andrews use to describe the land around him, now that it is covered with snow?
3. On the hunting party's way back into Butcher's Crossing, who suggests that they go see McDonald before going all the way into town?
4. Miller instructs Andrews that when shooting buffalo, one should aim just a little behind what part of the buffalo?
5. For how many days have the members of the hunting party gone without food by the time Miller rides up to look at the snow?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)