|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters VII-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what object does Andrews have to keep his eyes fixed in order to follow the hunting party once the land becomes flat?
(a) Miller's back.
(b) Charley's reins.
(c) Schneider's back.
(d) The horizon.
2. Who is in charge of poisoning the wolves in the valley?
3. How does Andrews attempt to alleviate the pain he is feeling from riding on the first day of the expedition?
(a) He tries to get Miller to slow down.
(b) He tries sitting on the wagon instead.
(c) He tries putting his rucksack underneath his saddle.
(d) He tries sitting on one of the oxen instead.
4. Miller tells Schneider that if they had to, they could stay in the valley for what amount of time shooting buffalo?
(a) All month.
(b) All autumn.
(c) All winter.
(d) All year.
5. For how long had Andrews been traveling before stopping in Butcher's Crossing?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from Miller are the buffalo before he starts shooting?
2. For what reason does Miller keep the hunting party on the trail, even though the land to the sides of the trail is more level?
3. What event does McDonald say will change everything about the town of Butcher's Crossing soon?
4. What is NOT an element of the hunting party's breakfast on the first morning of the hunt?
5. Who serves as the leader of the hunting expedition?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)