|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By dark, how many "fair-sized trees" have the two men chopping firewood felled?
(a) Three dozen.
(b) Half a dozen.
(c) A dozen.
(d) Two dozen.
2. What happens the first time Charley drinks whiskey in many months?
(a) He seduces Francine.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He sings all night.
3. When Miller tells McDonald how many hides he has stored up in the mountains, what is McDonald's reply?
(a) McDonald tells Miller that the hides are worth a fortune.
(b) McDonald tells Miller that he will never be able to locate the hides again.
(c) McDonald tells Miller that the hides will be a comfort in Miller's old age.
(d) McDonald tells Miller that the hides should be used as fuel.
4. Charley does NOT cook which food for the hunting party while they are resting near Smoky Hill?
(a) Soaked beans.
(c) Corn fritters.
(d) Sow belly.
5. What liquid do the members of the hunting party add to the boiling buffalo hides?
(a) Pomegranate juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the canvas and wooden tent meant to protect?
2. Miller states that people with what jobs will come to collect the buffalo bones?
3. Andrews is told that McDonald can be found in "a little shack just this side of" (15) what feature?
4. Who watches Andrews get down off his horse and asks him if he has had a "rough day" (75)?
5. Who carries Miller's supply of ammunition during the hunt?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)