|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bartender tells Andrews that when he does find Miller, Miller will likely be sitting with whom?
(c) Andrews's father.
2. What instruction does Andrews give the hotel clerk when he gives the man his dirty clothes?
(a) Throw them away.
(b) Give them to a needy man.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Burn them.
3. What is NOT a sound perceived by Andrews during his brief periods of wakefulness during his first night in Butcher's Crossing?
(a) The sounds of voices.
(b) A shrill scream.
(c) The jingling of bridle bells.
(d) The laughter of a woman.
4. From what city had Andrews originally begun his journey to Butcher's Crossing?
(c) New York City.
5. At what location do the remaining members of the hunting party find McDonald?
(a) In the sleeping house behind Jackson's saloon.
(b) In the hotel behind Jackson's saloon.
(c) In the bar behind Jackson's saloon.
(d) In the general store behind Jackson's saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many buildings are described as making up the town of Butcher's Crossing?
2. How many weeks of provisions does the hunting party bring on the trip?
3. What is Andrews's reply when the hotel clerk asks what kind of clothes Andrews would like the clerk to buy?
4. How does Andrews respond to the question about whether he has had a "rough day" (75) on the first day of the trip?
5. At the start of the novel, the as-yet-unnamed protagonist rides within a stagecoach on its way to what town to Butcher's Crossing?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)