|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the novel, the as-yet-unnamed protagonist rides within a stagecoach on its way to what town to Butcher's Crossing?
2. How does McDonald describe the town of Butcher's Crossing on the day Andrews first comes to see him?
(a) A one-horse town.
(b) A coal town.
(c) A hide town.
(d) A railroad town.
3. What color is the Smoky Hill River?
4. When Miller asks why Andrews had turned down a job with McDonald, what is Andrews's reply?
(a) He does not want to be tied down.
(b) He does not think he would like McDonald's managerial style.
(c) He has no experience in tanning hides.
(d) He has no experience in blacksmith work.
5. How had Charley lost a part of his body?
(a) In a blizzard.
(b) In a coach accident.
(c) In a tanning accident.
(d) In a blacksmith accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Andrews's reply when Schneider asks him whether he wants to side with Miller or himself on the subject of finding water?
2. What type of animal will be hunted during the hunting expedition?
3. What had Andrews been doing back east before traveling to Butcher's Crossing?
4. What number room is Andrews given when he checks into the hotel in Butcher's Crossing?
5. Andrews asks the hotel clerk if the clerk knows a man by what surname?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)