|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters I-III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long had Andrews been traveling before stopping in Butcher's Crossing?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 months.
2. Whom does McDonald describe as not knowing "what to do with themselves" (22)?
(c) Young people.
3. Who rides beside Andrews throughout the hunting expedition?
4. What objects does Schneider realize have been weighing down the thirsty oxen due to their nearly two-ton weight?
(a) Guns and bullets.
(b) Coffee and anvils.
(c) Shovels and other tools.
(d) Gun powder and bullets.
5. For what reason does Miller say that the buffalo hunters they hear on the first night must not "have many hides" (76)?
(a) Because they do not appear to have a skinner with them.
(b) Because they are traveling deeper into the wilderness.
(c) Because they are moving too slowly.
(d) Because they are moving too quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who funds the hunting expedition?
2. What type of animal will be hunted during the hunting expedition?
3. Andrews asks the hotel clerk if the clerk knows a man by what surname?
4. To what state will the hunting expedition travel?
5. Andrews is told that McDonald can be found in "a little shack just this side of" (15) what feature?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)