|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the Smoky Hill River?
2. What objects do the members of the hunting party use to create comfortable beds once they set up camp in the valley?
(a) Pussy willows.
(d) Pine needles.
3. The bartender tells Andrews that when he does find Miller, Miller will likely be sitting with whom?
(c) Andrews's father.
4. What instruction does the letter from Andrews's family member provide to McDonald?
(a) It says that McDonald should help Andrews any way he can.
(b) It says that McDonald should place Andrews in a blacksmith apprenticeship.
(c) It says that McDonald should pay his debts.
(d) It says that McDonald should invest in Andrews's hunting expedition.
5. What is the name of the trail the hunting party takes to reach the Colorado territory?
(a) The Snake River trail.
(b) The Smoky Hill trail.
(c) The Golden Peninsula trail.
(d) The Foggy Mountain trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is designated as the person who will follow along behind the hunting party and collect the hides?
2. How is the protagonist's age described?
3. What had Andrews been doing back east before traveling to Butcher's Crossing?
4. Miller states that people with what jobs will come to collect the buffalo bones?
5. When Miller asks why Andrews had turned down a job with McDonald, what is Andrews's reply?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)