|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters IV-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miller tells Andrews that a buffalo never dies from what cause?
(a) Running off a cliff.
(c) A single gunshot wound.
(d) Old age.
2. What does the hunting party do when the sun goes down on the first day of the trip?
(a) They bed down for the night.
(b) They stop for dinner and then continue traveling.
(c) They take a short break and light torches.
(d) They keep traveling.
3. By dark, how many "fair-sized trees" have the two men chopping firewood felled?
(a) Two dozen.
(b) A dozen.
(c) Three dozen.
(d) Half a dozen.
4. What is the canvas and wooden tent meant to protect?
(c) The sleeping men.
5. What type of food does Schneider muse about missing?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Miller say that the buffalo hunters they hear on the first night must not "have many hides" (76)?
2. Miller states that people with what jobs will come to collect the buffalo bones?
3. Who funds the hunting expedition?
4. Who serves as the leader of the hunting expedition?
5. Who is the only member of the party with the skills to turn gunpowder into bullets?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)