|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
2. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
3. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
4. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
5. What advice does Grace give Elma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 2
What does the phrase "left out in the cold" mean to you? Do you think it is appropriately used in this play? What characters do you feel were left out in the cold? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)