|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
2. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
3. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
4. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
5. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cherie tells the group that she was abducted by Bo. Do you think this is an accurate description? Why or why not? Do you think the other characters in the play's actions are realistic based on Cherie's accusation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)