|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
2. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
3. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
4. Which character is unstable and depressed?
5. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cherie believes that respect is an important aspect of love. Do you agree with her belief? What other things are important in your opinion? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)