|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
2. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
3. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
4. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
5. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which relationships end with new possibilities? Which relationships seem to be tied up tightly? Why do you think the author allows for some relationships to be tied and some to have new possibilities?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)