|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
2. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
3. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
4. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
5. What advice does Grace give Elma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
Essay Topic 2
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)