|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
2. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
3. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
4. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
5. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cherie tells the group that she was abducted by Bo. Do you think this is an accurate description? Why or why not? Do you think the other characters in the play's actions are realistic based on Cherie's accusation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)