|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
2. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
3. When did Bo decide he wanted to marry Cherie?
4. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
5. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character seems to be the most innocent? Why do you think this is the case? What actions does s/he take which makes you feel this way?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)