|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
2. What advice does Grace give Elma?
3. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
4. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
5. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
Essay Topic 1
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)