|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
2. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
3. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
4. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
5. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)