|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
2. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
3. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
4. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
5. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cherie believes that respect is an important aspect of love. Do you agree with her belief? What other things are important in your opinion? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)