|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
2. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
3. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
4. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
5. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
Essay Topic 1
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does the phrase "left out in the cold" mean to you? Do you think it is appropriately used in this play? What characters do you feel were left out in the cold? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)