|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
2. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
3. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
4. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
5. Which of the following is not true about Dr. Lyman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)