|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
2. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
3. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
4. What does Will go off to check?
5. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Which character seems to be the most innocent? Why do you think this is the case? What actions does s/he take which makes you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)