|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
2. Which character is unstable and depressed?
3. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
4. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
5. What advice does Grace give Elma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character seems to be the most innocent? Why do you think this is the case? What actions does s/he take which makes you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)