|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
2. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
3. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
4. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
5. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author develop the relationship between Grace and Carl? Do you believe it was clearly developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)