|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
2. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
3. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
4. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
5. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)