|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
2. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
3. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
4. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
5. When did Bo decide he wanted to marry Cherie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does this play explore relationships? Do you feel that the exploration of these relationships would change if this play was set in modern times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)