|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
2. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
3. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
4. What advice does Grace give Elma?
5. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)