|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
2. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
3. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
4. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
5. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does this play explore relationships? Do you feel that the exploration of these relationships would change if this play was set in modern times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author develop the relationship between Grace and Carl? Do you believe it was clearly developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)