|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
2. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
3. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
4. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
5. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)