|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
2. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
3. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
4. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
5. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
Essay Topic 3Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)