|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
2. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
3. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
4. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
5. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Which relationships end with new possibilities? Which relationships seem to be tied up tightly? Why do you think the author allows for some relationships to be tied and some to have new possibilities?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)