|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
2. What happens to Bo after the slap?
3. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
4. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
5. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author develop the relationship between Grace and Carl? Do you believe it was clearly developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)