|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
2. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
3. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
4. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
5. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does this play explore relationships? Do you feel that the exploration of these relationships would change if this play was set in modern times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)