|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman learn that causes him to be upset?
2. What is the Blue Dragon?
3. Which of the following characters is a former college professor?
4. Why won't the bus be able to travel?
5. What are Grace and Elma expecting to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Virgil decide to head?
2. What does Will come into the restaurant to tell everyone?
3. What announcement does Virgil make?
4. What does Dr. Lyman ask Elma and why does he ask her this?
5. What does Virgil do to ensure that Bo and the sheriff don't fight?
6. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
7. What feelings about marriage does Virgil share with Bo?
8. What foods does Bo order?
9. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Cherie believes that respect is an important aspect of love. Do you agree with her belief? What other things are important in your opinion? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)