|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cherie say that she dropped out of school?
2. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
3. Which of the following does not accurately describe Cherie?
4. What does Grace's husband tend to do often?
5. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bo respond to Virgil's announcement?
2. Describe the character of Cherie including how she presents herself and where she is from.
3. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
4. What does Cherie talk to Elma about?
5. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
6. How does Elma react to Dr. Lyman's suggestion and what does Dr. Lyman then tell her?
7. What does Bo ask Cherie before he heads out to the bus and what is her response?
8. What were Grace and Carl doing at the beginning of Act 3?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What foods does Bo order?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Cherie tells the group that she was abducted by Bo. Do you think this is an accurate description? Why or why not? Do you think the other characters in the play's actions are realistic based on Cherie's accusation? Why or why not?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)