|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the sheriff of the town?
2. Which of the following characters is the driver of the bus?
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of Grace's age?
4. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
5. Which of the following is the best adjective to describe the restaurant in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Elma and Dr. Lyman decide to get into the spirit of the night and what happens?
2. Describe the character of Cherie including how she presents herself and where she is from.
3. Describe the character of Bo.
4. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
5. Who does Cherie say she needs protection from?
6. Why does Will tell Bo that Cherie doesn't love him?
7. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
8. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
9. What does Bo ask Cherie before he heads out to the bus and what is her response?
10. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author develop the relationship between Grace and Carl? Do you believe it was clearly developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)