|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes between Bo and Will to keep the peace?
2. How does Bo react to what Will is saying?
3. What appears to be the relationship between Will and Carl?
4. What does Bo have around his neck?
5. Which of the following was not one of the food items Bo ordered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bo in the opening scene in Act 3?
2. What announcement does Virgil make?
3. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
4. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
5. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
6. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
7. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
8. What does Bo do to Cherie as an extra gesture of goodwill?
9. What were Grace and Carl doing at the beginning of Act 3?
10. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which relationships end with new possibilities? Which relationships seem to be tied up tightly? Why do you think the author allows for some relationships to be tied and some to have new possibilities?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)