|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
2. Where does Grace live?
3. What does Elma get him instead of alcohol?
4. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
5. Which of the following descriptors best could be used to describe the relationship between Bo and Cherie in the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl tell Will when Will suggests he wake up all of the passengers on the bus?
2. How is Bo in the opening scene in Act 3?
3. What does Bo ask Cherie before he heads out to the bus and what is her response?
4. What is Dr. Lyman's history?
5. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
6. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
7. How do Elma and Dr. Lyman decide to get into the spirit of the night and what happens?
8. What does Carl tell Grace that he has learned about Dr. Lyman?
9. What does Bo do to Cherie as an extra gesture of goodwill?
10. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)