|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Grace use to go to her apartment?
2. Which of the following characters is tall, thin, in his early 20s, and unkempt?
3. What news does Will come in and share with Grace and Elma?
4. What does Dr. Lyman talk about in between his conversations?
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Grace use so that she can go to her apartment and meet Carl?
2. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
3. What type of man is Grace married to and how does she get along with him?
4. How does Bo feel after he apologizes to Cherie and what does Virgil do to try and help?
5. How does Bo respond to Virgil's announcement?
6. Why does Will tell Bo that Cherie doesn't love him?
7. What announcement does Virgil make?
8. What insight into Bo and Cherie's relations does Virgil share with Bo?
9. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
10. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the author develop the relationship between Grace and Carl? Do you believe it was clearly developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which relationships end with new possibilities? Which relationships seem to be tied up tightly? Why do you think the author allows for some relationships to be tied and some to have new possibilities?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)