|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
2. What decade does this play occur during?
3. Which of the following was not one of the food items Bo ordered?
4. What type of alcohol does Dr. Lyman ask for?
5. What month is it when Act I opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Virgil's guitar playing affect those in the cafe?
2. What does Dr. Lyman ask Elma and why does he ask her this?
3. After some time passes, what does Bo work up the nerve to tell Cherie?
4. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
5. What announcement does Virgil make?
6. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
7. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
8. How do Elma and Dr. Lyman decide to get into the spirit of the night and what happens?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character seems to be the most innocent? Why do you think this is the case? What actions does s/he take which makes you feel this way?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)