|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptors best could be used to describe the relationship between Bo and Cherie in the restaurant?
2. What month is it when Act I opens?
3. Where does Carl say he is going?
4. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
5. What are Grace and Elma expecting to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Bo.
2. What foods does Bo order?
3. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
4. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
5. Why does Cherie get annoyed when Bo talks to her trying to tell her that he has a tender side?
6. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
7. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
8. How does Virgil's guitar playing affect those in the cafe?
9. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
10. What announcement does Virgil make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)