|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman talk about in between his conversations?
2. Why does Cherie say that she dropped out of school?
3. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
4. Why does Will suggest that Carl wake up the passengers?
5. What did Bo or Virgil do that Will wants them to fix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What announcement does Virgil make?
2. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
3. How does Bo respond to Virgil's announcement?
4. Why does Will tell Bo that Cherie doesn't love him?
5. What does Carl tell Will when Will suggests he wake up all of the passengers on the bus?
6. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
7. What does Cherie talk to Elma about?
8. How does Cherie feel about her current situation with Bo and what conclusion does she come to about marriage?
9. Where does Virgil decide to head?
10. What feelings about marriage does Virgil share with Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)