|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
2. Where does Carl say he is going?
3. Which of the following does not accurately describe Cherie?
4. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma?
5. What profession does Cherie claim to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman ask Elma and why does he ask her this?
2. What are Grace and Elma predicting will happen to the cafe and why do they think that way?
3. What feelings about marriage does Virgil share with Bo?
4. What excuse does Grace use so that she can go to her apartment and meet Carl?
5. How does Cherie feel about and respond to what Bo has told her?
6. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
7. Why does Cherie get annoyed when Bo talks to her trying to tell her that he has a tender side?
8. What type of man is Grace married to and how does she get along with him?
9. What does Cherie talk to Elma about?
10. What information does Will share with Grace and Elma about their prediction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 3
Cherie believes that respect is an important aspect of love. Do you agree with her belief? What other things are important in your opinion? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)