Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Cherie claim to have?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
3. What time of day is it as the play opens?
4. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
5. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
2. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
3. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
4. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
5. What decision does Dr. Lyman make about his date with Elma?
6. What foods does Bo order?
7. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
8. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Essay Topic 1
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)