|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
2. What did Bo or Virgil do that Will wants them to fix?
3. What type of alcohol does Dr. Lyman ask for?
4. What does Bo accuse Cherry of?
5. What month is it when Act I opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman ask for and how does Elma respond?
2. What feelings about marriage does Virgil share with Bo?
3. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
4. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
5. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
6. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
7. What does Bo do to Cherie as an extra gesture of goodwill?
8. How does Cherie feel about her current situation with Bo and what conclusion does she come to about marriage?
9. What does Cherie talk to Elma about?
10. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does this play explore relationships? Do you feel that the exploration of these relationships would change if this play was set in modern times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)