|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the setting for this play?
2. What does Grace's husband tend to do often?
3. What does Bo say he is unaccustomed to?
4. Why do Grace and Elma believe the restaurant will have to stay open late?
5. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
2. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
3. How does Elma react to Dr. Lyman's suggestion and what does Dr. Lyman then tell her?
4. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
5. What type of man is Grace married to and how does she get along with him?
6. How does Bo feel after he apologizes to Cherie and what does Virgil do to try and help?
7. What does Carl tell Grace that he has learned about Dr. Lyman?
8. Why does Cherie get annoyed when Bo talks to her trying to tell her that he has a tender side?
9. What foods does Bo order?
10. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the phrase "left out in the cold" mean to you? Do you think it is appropriately used in this play? What characters do you feel were left out in the cold? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does this play explore relationships? Do you feel that the exploration of these relationships would change if this play was set in modern times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)