|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Blue Dragon?
2. How does Bo react to what Will is saying?
3. What appears to be the relationship between Will and Carl?
4. What month is it when Act I opens?
5. Why does Elma say that Will is good at taking care of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. After some time passes, what does Bo work up the nerve to tell Cherie?
2. What does Bo ask Cherie before he heads out to the bus and what is her response?
3. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
4. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
5. How does Grace respond to Virgil's request?
6. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
7. How does Cherie feel about her current situation with Bo and what conclusion does she come to about marriage?
8. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
9. What excuse does Grace use so that she can go to her apartment and meet Carl?
10. What insight into Bo and Cherie's relations does Virgil share with Bo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 2
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)