|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cherie planning on doing when the cowboy took her?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
3. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
4. Which of the following characters is a chanteuse?
5. Which of the following descriptors best could be used to describe the relationship between Bo and Cherie in the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Bo.
2. What has happened to Dr. Lyman while the singing was occurring?
3. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
4. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
5. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
6. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
7. How does Cherie feel about and respond to what Bo has told her?
8. What foods does Bo order?
9. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
10. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)