Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Cherie claim to have?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
3. What time of day is it as the play opens?
4. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
5. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
2. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
3. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
4. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
5. What decision does Dr. Lyman make about his date with Elma?
6. What foods does Bo order?
7. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
8. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Essay Topic 1
What redeeming qualities does the character of Dr. Lyman show throughout the novel? Do you believe he is a good person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which relationships end with new possibilities? Which relationships seem to be tied up tightly? Why do you think the author allows for some relationships to be tied and some to have new possibilities?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)