|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of alcohol does Dr. Lyman ask for?
2. Which of the following characters is the driver of the bus?
3. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
4. What excuse does Grace use to go to her apartment?
5. What does Bo say he is unaccustomed to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What foods does Bo order?
2. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma as soon as she enters the cafe?
3. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
4. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
5. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
6. What does Dr. Lyman ask for and how does Elma respond?
7. What does Carl tell Grace that he has learned about Dr. Lyman?
8. What does Carl tell Will when Will suggests he wake up all of the passengers on the bus?
9. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
10. How does Bo feel after he apologizes to Cherie and what does Virgil do to try and help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which relationships end with new possibilities? Which relationships seem to be tied up tightly? Why do you think the author allows for some relationships to be tied and some to have new possibilities?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)