|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Cherie claim to have?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
3. What time of day is it as the play opens?
4. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
5. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
2. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
3. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
4. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
5. What decision does Dr. Lyman make about his date with Elma?
6. What foods does Bo order?
7. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
8. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does the phrase "left out in the cold" mean to you? Do you think it is appropriately used in this play? What characters do you feel were left out in the cold? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)