|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
2. About how old is Virgil?
3. Why do Grace and Elma believe the restaurant will have to stay open late?
4. Who does Carl flirt with?
5. What does Grace's husband tend to do often?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Cherie say she needs protection from?
2. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
3. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
4. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma as soon as she enters the cafe?
5. How do Elma and Dr. Lyman decide to get into the spirit of the night and what happens?
6. What excuse does Grace use so that she can go to her apartment and meet Carl?
7. What foods does Bo order?
8. What does Dr. Lyman ask Elma and why does he ask her this?
9. What were Grace and Carl doing at the beginning of Act 3?
10. After some time passes, what does Bo work up the nerve to tell Cherie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Cherie tells the group that she was abducted by Bo. Do you think this is an accurate description? Why or why not? Do you think the other characters in the play's actions are realistic based on Cherie's accusation? Why or why not?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)