|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bo accuse Cherry of?
2. What does Bo try to do in regards to Cherie that she tries to avoid?
3. What does Grace's husband tend to do often?
4. Where does Grace live?
5. Which of the following characters is tall, thin, in his early 20s, and unkempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Grace and Elma predicting will happen to the cafe and why do they think that way?
2. How does Elma react to Dr. Lyman's suggestion and what does Dr. Lyman then tell her?
3. Describe the character of Cherie including how she presents herself and where she is from.
4. What does Carl tell Grace that he has learned about Dr. Lyman?
5. What does Bo do to Cherie as an extra gesture of goodwill?
6. What has happened to Dr. Lyman while the singing was occurring?
7. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
8. What feelings about marriage does Virgil share with Bo?
9. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
10. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)