|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the restaurant near?
2. Why does Will suggest that Carl wake up the passengers?
3. Which of the following characters is a chanteuse?
4. Where is the character, Cherie, from?
5. In what state does this play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will come back to the the restaurant?
2. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
3. What does Dr. Lyman ask Elma and why does he ask her this?
4. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
5. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
6. Describe the character of Bo.
7. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
8. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
9. Who does Cherie say she needs protection from?
10. What has happened to Dr. Lyman while the singing was occurring?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Which character seems to be the most innocent? Why do you think this is the case? What actions does s/he take which makes you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)