|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptors best could be used to describe the relationship between Bo and Cherie in the restaurant?
2. What did Bo or Virgil do that Will wants them to fix?
3. Where is the setting for this play?
4. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
5. What is the Blue Dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will tell the others as he leaves the cafe?
2. What does Dr. Lyman ask for and how does Elma respond?
3. What does Will come into the restaurant to tell everyone?
4. How do Elma and Dr. Lyman decide to get into the spirit of the night and what happens?
5. How does Grace respond to Virgil's request?
6. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
7. How does Bo respond to Virgil's announcement?
8. What does Cherie talk to Elma about?
9. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
10. What has happened to Dr. Lyman while the singing was occurring?
Essay Topic 1
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is it obvious to the reader that the author was born in Kansas? Do you feel that he was better able to make this play seem realistic since he was born in Kansas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)