|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
2. What does Dr. Lyman learn that causes him to be upset?
3. What excuse does Grace use to go to her apartment?
4. Where is the setting for this play?
5. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Will share with Grace and Elma about their prediction?
2. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
3. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
4. What does Bo ask Cherie before he heads out to the bus and what is her response?
5. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
6. What does Dr. Lyman share with Elma during their conversation?
7. Who does Cherie say she needs protection from?
8. What does Carl tell Will when Will suggests he wake up all of the passengers on the bus?
9. After some time passes, what does Bo work up the nerve to tell Cherie?
10. Why does Will tell Bo that Cherie doesn't love him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship with possibilities? What possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Virgil chose not to go on with Bo and Cherie? Do you believe he made the right decision? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Elma was excited to learn Dr. Lyman's real purpose in wanting to date her? Do you believe she indeed has sexual powers? How would you react if you were Elma? Do you feel her feelings are justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)