|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes between Bo and Will to keep the peace?
2. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
3. What does Bo have around his neck?
4. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
5. Who leaves the cafe to go across the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
2. Who does Cherie say she needs protection from?
3. What does Carl tell Will when Will suggests he wake up all of the passengers on the bus?
4. What does Dr. Lyman share with Elma during their conversation?
5. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
6. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
7. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
8. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
9. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma as soon as she enters the cafe?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author develop the relationship between Grace and Carl? Do you believe it was clearly developed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Cherie believes that respect is an important aspect of love. Do you agree with her belief? What other things are important in your opinion? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)