Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Cherie claim to have?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
3. What time of day is it as the play opens?
4. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
5. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
2. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
3. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
4. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
5. What decision does Dr. Lyman make about his date with Elma?
6. What foods does Bo order?
7. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
8. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Essay Topic 1
Which character seems to be the most innocent? Why do you think this is the case? What actions does s/he take which makes you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Bo further alienate Cherie? Does he intend for his actions to be interpreted this way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)