|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
2. What excuse does Grace use to go to her apartment?
3. Which of the following characters is a former college professor?
4. Which of the following characters is a young rancher and cowboy?
5. Which of the following characters is tall, thin, in his early 20s, and unkempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Lyman's history?
2. How does Bo feel after he apologizes to Cherie and what does Virgil do to try and help?
3. What announcement does Virgil make?
4. Why does Will come back to the the restaurant?
5. What excuse does Grace use so that she can go to her apartment and meet Carl?
6. How does Cherie feel about her current situation with Bo and what conclusion does she come to about marriage?
7. What does Bo do to Cherie as an extra gesture of goodwill?
8. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
9. Why does Cherie get annoyed when Bo talks to her trying to tell her that he has a tender side?
10. How does Grace respond to Virgil's request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What judgments do you make about the character Dr. Lyman? On what do you base these judgments? Do you believe he would have been a good teacher? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)