|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Will come in and share with Grace and Elma?
2. Where is the character, Cherie, from?
3. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
4. What does Bo have around his neck?
5. What does Dr. Lyman confess he has a hard time doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
2. Describe the character of Bo.
3. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
4. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
5. How does Virgil's guitar playing affect those in the cafe?
6. What information does Will share with Grace and Elma about their prediction?
7. What is Dr. Lyman's history?
8. How does Cherie feel about her current situation with Bo and what conclusion does she come to about marriage?
9. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
10. What were Grace and Carl doing at the beginning of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the tone change throughout the play? Describe the tone in each act. Which act do you think was most realistic? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Which character is not what s/he appears to be they seem on the surface? Why do you think this is the case? How does this character change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)