|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of alcohol does Dr. Lyman ask for?
2. Why won't the bus be able to travel?
3. What is the Blue Dragon?
4. Which of the following characters is a young rancher and cowboy?
5. How does Bo react to what Will is saying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
2. What does Bo reveal about himself to Cherie after she makes her declaration?
3. How do Elma and Dr. Lyman decide to get into the spirit of the night and what happens?
4. Why does Will tell Bo that Cherie doesn't love him?
5. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
6. What does Dr. Lyman share with Elma during their conversation?
7. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
8. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
9. Why does Cherie get annoyed when Bo talks to her trying to tell her that he has a tender side?
10. What is Dr. Lyman's history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does this play explore relationships? Do you feel that the exploration of these relationships would change if this play was set in modern times? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the characters in the novel seem to demonstrate a relationship without possibilities? Why don't possibilities seem to exist with those characters you have identified? What changes occurred throughout the novel in these relationships to further separate them?
Essay Topic 3
How does this play end? Would you characterize it as on a happy or sad note? Why would you characterize it that way?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)