Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Cherie claim to have?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
3. What time of day is it as the play opens?
4. How does Bo want his hamburgers?
5. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cherie say about how she ended up on the bus and at the cafe?
2. How does Bo respond to Cherie's declaration about herself?
3. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
4. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
5. What decision does Dr. Lyman make about his date with Elma?
6. What foods does Bo order?
7. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
8. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
9. What does Will tell Bo when he checks in with him?
10. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
Essay Topic 1
Cherie believes that respect is an important aspect of love. Do you agree with her belief? What other things are important in your opinion? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you believe shows the most compassion in the novel? What actions does this character take to demonstrate compassion? Do you feel that this character's compassion is appreciated? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character(s) seems to be naive in this play? Why do you think s/he seems to be so naive? Do you think they remained as naive throughout the play or do you think they changed throughout the novel? Why do you feel this way?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)