|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(a) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(b) Playing on a guitar.
(d) Reading a magazine.
2. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is frustrated by it.
(b) He is glad he made it.
(c) He is relieved by it.
(d) He regrets it.
3. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She finds his thoughts irrational.
(b) She thinks he is right.
(c) She doesn't understand him.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
4. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) Not to tell anyone else.
(b) To ride with him tonight.
(c) To let him break the news to the others.
(d) To meet him in the morning.
5. What advice does Grace give Elma?
(a) Do not meet Dr. Lyman in Topeka.
(b) To try and sober Dr. Lyman up.
(c) To go and use her apartment.
(d) To take Dr. Lyman out to the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
2. What does Will go off to check?
3. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
4. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
5. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)