|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Grace use to go to her apartment?
(a) Wanting to see Carl.
(b) To check on her pets.
(d) Not feeling well.
2. What time of day is it as the play opens?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
3. Why does Elma say that Will is good at taking care of people?
(a) He is a religious man.
(b) He is a counselor.
(c) He was a rancher previously.
(d) He has previously been married.
4. What does Dr. Lyman learn that causes him to be upset?
(a) There is no alcohol on the bus.
(b) That he can't find the bus driver.
(c) They are still in Kansas.
(d) That he fell asleep.
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
(a) Married to a man who wanders.
(b) Good student.
(c) Carries a large straw suitcase.
(d) Has a southern accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bo have around his neck?
2. Where is the setting for this play?
3. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
4. What appears to be the relationship between Will and Carl?
5. What does Grace's husband tend to do often?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will come into the restaurant to tell everyone?
2. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
3. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
4. How does Bo feel after Will leaves the cafe and what does he do?
5. What does Dr. Lyman think about love and people?
6. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
7. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
8. How does Cherie feel about and respond to what Bo has told her?
9. How does Bo respond to Virgil's announcement?
10. Describe the character of Cherie including how she presents herself and where she is from.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)