|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
(a) Married to a man who wanders.
(b) Has a southern accent.
(c) Carries a large straw suitcase.
(d) Good student.
2. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma?
(a) Where the nearest hotel is.
(b) If they will give her money.
(c) What they think of her outfit.
(d) If she can hide somewhere.
3. What does Dr. Lyman confess he has a hard time doing?
(a) Traveling by food.
(b) Living without alcohol.
(c) Remembering things.
(d) Keeping a job.
4. Who leaves the cafe to go across the road?
5. How does Bo react to what Will is saying?
(a) He storms out of the restaurant.
(b) He tries to soothe him.
(c) He argues.
(d) He concedes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best adjective to describe the restaurant in this play?
2. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
3. Why won't the bus be able to travel?
4. What decade does this play occur during?
5. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl tell Grace that he has learned about Dr. Lyman?
2. How does Grace respond to Virgil's request?
3. What does Dr. Lyman share with Elma during their conversation?
4. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
5. How does Bo feel after he apologizes to Cherie and what does Virgil do to try and help?
6. What advice does Grace give to Elma when she confides about her plans with Dr. Lyman?
7. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
8. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
9. What does Bo ask Cherie before he heads out to the bus and what is her response?
10. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma as soon as she enters the cafe?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)