|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
(a) Good student.
(b) Married to a man who wanders.
(c) Carries a large straw suitcase.
(d) Has a southern accent.
2. What does Bo say he is unaccustomed to?
(a) Food as bad as this is.
(b) So many people talking at once.
(c) A woman turning him down.
(d) The cold weather.
3. Which of the following characters is a former college professor?
4. Which of the following does not accurately describe Cherie?
(a) Dark brown hair.
(b) Southern accent.
(c) Sequin and net dress.
(d) Gilded sandals.
5. Where is the setting for this play?
(a) Various locations.
(b) Bus stop.
(d) On a ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does this play take place?
2. About how old is Virgil?
3. What city is the restaurant near?
4. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
5. How many times has Dr. Lyman been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
2. How does Cherie feel about and respond to what Bo has told her?
3. Describe the character of Cherie including how she presents herself and where she is from.
4. How does Elma feel about about what she learns about Dr. Lyman's past?
5. How does Elma react to Dr. Lyman's suggestion and what does Dr. Lyman then tell her?
6. How is Bo in the opening scene in Act 3?
7. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
8. What does Bo do to Cherie as an extra gesture of goodwill?
9. Who reassures Cherie and how does he/she do it?
10. Who does Cherie say she needs protection from?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)