|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carl say he is going?
(a) To Grace's apartment.
(b) To wait on the bus.
(c) To the movies.
(d) For a walk.
2. Which of the following characters is the sheriff of the town?
(a) Dr. Gerald Lyman.
(c) Will Masters.
(d) Elma Duckworth.
3. What news does Will come in and share with Grace and Elma?
(a) Telephone lines are down.
(b) The bus is not coming.
(c) There was an accident on Virgil's ranch.
(d) Road workers are coming for coffee and food.
4. Who leaves the cafe to go across the road?
5. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be the relationship between Will and Carl?
2. What does Cherie ask Grace and Elma?
3. What city is the restaurant near?
4. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
5. What is the Blue Dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carl tell Grace that he has learned about Dr. Lyman?
2. Why does Will come back to the the restaurant?
3. What does Bo reveal about himself to Cherie after she makes her declaration?
4. After some time passes, what does Bo work up the nerve to tell Cherie?
5. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie and how does Virgil respond?
6. Describe the character of Bo.
7. Why does Cherie's resistance astound Bo?
8. What does Cherie come over to tell Bo about herself?
9. How does Virgil's guitar playing affect those in the cafe?
10. What happens after Cherie slaps Bo?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)