|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it as the play opens?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
2. Who leaves the cafe to go across the road?
3. What does Dr. Lyman learn that causes him to be upset?
(a) That he fell asleep.
(b) That he can't find the bus driver.
(c) There is no alcohol on the bus.
(d) They are still in Kansas.
4. What month is it when Act I opens?
5. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Virgil?
2. Which of the following characters is a former college professor?
3. What are Grace and Elma expecting to arrive?
4. What does Dr. Lyman talk about in between his conversations?
5. Why does Elma say that Will is good at taking care of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Cherie decided to leave town and live with a friend in Kansas?
2. How does Bo feel after he apologizes to Cherie and what does Virgil do to try and help?
3. What reason does Virgil give Cherie for not pressing charges against Bo?
4. Why does Will tell Bo that Cherie doesn't love him?
5. What does Virgil ask Grace after the bus leaves?
6. What does Will come into the restaurant to tell everyone?
7. What were Grace and Carl doing at the beginning of Act 3?
8. How does Bo feel after hearing Cherie sing and how does she react?
9. What does Dr. Lyman ask for and how does Elma respond?
10. How is Bo in the opening scene in Act 3?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)