|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
(a) Bo loves her.
(b) Virgil is Bo's father.
(c) Virgil loves her.
(d) Bo was a virgin.
2. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(d) Some accompaning music.
3. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
(a) To hide from Bo.
(b) To surprise Bo with a bus ticket.
(c) To go and live with a friend.
(d) To head to Montana first.
4. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He finds it uncomfortable.
(c) He finds it reassuring.
(d) He is angered by it.
5. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing on his guitar.
(b) Reading a magazine.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
6. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To make a relationship work.
(b) To find inner peace.
(c) To find happiness.
(d) To experience true love.
7. Which character is unstable and depressed?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
8. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
9. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
(a) She wants it to end.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She loves him.
10. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
11. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He falls asleep on a bench.
(b) He passes out on the floor.
(c) He goes across the street.
(d) He goes back to the bus.
12. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
13. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
(c) Dr. Lyman.
14. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is right.
(b) She thinks he is crazy.
(c) She doesn't understand him.
(d) She finds his thoughts irrational.
15. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
(b) Sharing too much information about himself.
(c) Becoming an alcoholic.
(d) Flirting with too many women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
2. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
3. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
4. Which of the following is not true about Dr. Lyman?
5. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)