|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She is disgusted by the information.
(c) She is taken aback by the information.
(d) She does not believe Virgil.
2. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
(a) To prepare their own song.
(b) To take a seat and be a good audience.
(c) To go off somewhere and be alone.
(d) Act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.
3. Where is Dr. Lyman heading?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
4. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
5. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
6. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
7. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
(a) Bo was a virgin.
(b) Bo loves her.
(c) Virgil is Bo's father.
(d) Virgil loves her.
8. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That they accompany him.
(b) That she bring him a drink.
(c) That she will sing.
(d) That she sit closer to him.
9. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(c) Playing his guitar.
10. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
(a) Will punches Bo and knocks him out.
(b) Will puts handcuffs on Bo.
(c) Will drags Bo off to the jail.
(d) Will slams Bo into a table.
11. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
(b) Flirting with too many women.
(c) Becoming an alcoholic.
(d) Sharing too much information about himself.
12. What happens to Bo after the slap?
(a) He demands she marry him immediately.
(b) He drags Cherie to the bus.
(c) He walks out.
(d) He becomes aggressive.
13. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
(a) A week.
(b) An hour.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) A day.
14. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) Not to tell anyone else.
(b) To meet him in the morning.
(c) To ride with him tonight.
(d) To let him break the news to the others.
15. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She will wear black.
(b) She will surprise him with it.
(c) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(d) She will look very pretty in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
2. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
3. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
4. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
5. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)