|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing on his guitar.
(b) Reading a magazine.
(d) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
2. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She will surprise him with it.
(b) She will wear black.
(c) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(d) She will look very pretty in it.
3. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
4. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
(a) Sing a song with her.
(b) Back away from her.
(c) Show his tender side.
(d) Show her some freedom.
5. Which of the following is not true about Dr. Lyman?
(a) Summa Cum Laude.
(b) Harvard graduate.
(c) Ph. D.
(d) Rhodes Scholar.
6. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
7. What does Elma ask Dr. Lyman to do?
(a) Read poetry.
(b) Sing with Cherie.
(c) Talk about his views on love some more.
(d) Play some of the guitar.
8. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He falls asleep on a bench.
(b) He goes across the street.
(c) He passes out on the floor.
(d) He goes back to the bus.
9. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
(a) She is taken aback by the information.
(b) She does not believe Virgil.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She is disgusted by the information.
10. What does Will go off to check?
(a) If Bo's temper has calmed down.
(b) Status of the food.
(c) Where Carl went.
(d) Road conditions.
11. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is frustrated by it.
(b) He is glad he made it.
(c) He is relieved by it.
(d) He regrets it.
12. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) His need for approval.
(c) His innocent nature.
(d) His possessiveness of Cherie.
13. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
(a) About the weather.
(b) Being lonely.
(c) How pretty Cherie is.
(d) What to do next.
14. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To make a relationship work.
(b) To find happiness.
(c) To experience true love.
(d) To find inner peace.
15. Where does Act II take place?
(a) At a new stop that the bus made.
(b) Outside of the restaurant.
(c) The same place as Act I.
(d) On the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
2. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
3. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
4. Which character returns in this act at the end?
5. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)