|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing on a guitar.
(c) Reading a magazine.
(d) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
2. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
3. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
(a) What to do next.
(b) Being lonely.
(c) How pretty Cherie is.
(d) About the weather.
4. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To make a relationship work.
(b) To experience true love.
(c) To find happiness.
(d) To find inner peace.
5. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
(b) He has nothing else to do.
(c) He hates to watch people fight.
(d) He wants to leave the state.
6. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(c) Some accompaning music.
7. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is frustrated by it.
(b) He is glad he made it.
(c) He regrets it.
(d) He is relieved by it.
8. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That they accompany him.
(b) That she bring him a drink.
(c) That she will sing.
(d) That she sit closer to him.
9. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Sharing too much information about himself.
(b) Becoming an alcoholic.
(c) Flirting with too many women.
(d) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
10. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He does not like women.
(b) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
(c) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(d) He likes to explore many women.
11. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
12. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
(a) His need for approval.
(b) His innocent nature.
(c) His possessiveness of Cherie.
(d) His lack of intelligence.
13. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
14. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
15. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To stay away from Will.
(b) Not to press charges about Bo.
(c) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(d) To listen to what Bo has to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
2. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
3. What advice does Grace give Elma?
4. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
5. What does Will go off to check?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)