|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
(a) His passion increases.
(b) He becomes angry with VIrgil.
(c) He is frustrated and leaves.
(d) He is turned off of her.
2. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
(a) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Reading a magazine.
3. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
4. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) His possessiveness of Cherie.
(c) His innocent nature.
(d) His need for approval.
5. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She will wear black.
(b) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(c) She will surprise him with it.
(d) She will look very pretty in it.
6. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
7. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He falls asleep on a bench.
(b) He passes out on the floor.
(c) He goes across the street.
(d) He goes back to the bus.
8. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing his guitar.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Reading a magazine.
9. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
10. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That she bring him a drink.
(b) That she will sing.
(c) That they accompany him.
(d) That she sit closer to him.
11. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(d) Some accompaning music.
12. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
(a) Will puts handcuffs on Bo.
(b) Will slams Bo into a table.
(c) Will punches Bo and knocks him out.
(d) Will drags Bo off to the jail.
13. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
14. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She wants it to end.
(d) She is confused by it.
15. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bo after the slap?
2. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
3. What does Elma ask Dr. Lyman to do?
4. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
5. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)