|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
2. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
3. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) To ride with him tonight.
(b) To let him break the news to the others.
(c) To meet him in the morning.
(d) Not to tell anyone else.
4. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(b) She will look very pretty in it.
(c) She will surprise him with it.
(d) She will wear black.
5. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
(a) Bo loves her.
(b) Bo was a virgin.
(c) Virgil loves her.
(d) Virgil is Bo's father.
6. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Becoming an alcoholic.
(b) Flirting with too many women.
(c) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
(d) Sharing too much information about himself.
7. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(a) Some accompaning music.
8. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
9. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(b) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(c) To stay away from Will.
(d) Not to press charges about Bo.
10. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is glad he made it.
(b) He is frustrated by it.
(c) He regrets it.
(d) He is relieved by it.
11. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(a) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(b) Reading a magazine.
(d) Playing on a guitar.
12. What happened when Cherie was ready to buy her own ticket?
(a) Bo took her onto a different bus.
(b) Bo came up and bought her a ticket.
(c) Bo tore up the ticket she bought.
(d) Bo cried and begged her to come with him.
13. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That she bring him a drink.
(b) That they accompany him.
(c) That she sit closer to him.
(d) That she will sing.
14. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing his guitar.
(b) Reading a magazine.
(d) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
15. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing his guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
2. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
3. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
4. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
5. What does Elma ask Dr. Lyman to do?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)