|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He criticizes her performance.
(b) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(c) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(d) He yells at her for not listening.
2. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
3. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To make a relationship work.
(b) To find happiness.
(c) To find inner peace.
(d) To experience true love.
4. Which character returns in this act at the end?
5. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
(a) She wants it to end.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is confused by it.
6. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
(a) Bo loves her.
(b) Virgil is Bo's father.
(c) Virgil loves her.
(d) Bo was a virgin.
7. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
(a) They decide to call a truce.
(b) They go outside.
(c) They start to fight.
(d) They go outside and walk down the road.
8. What happens to Bo after the slap?
(a) He drags Cherie to the bus.
(b) He walks out.
(c) He demands she marry him immediately.
(d) He becomes aggressive.
9. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She will look very pretty in it.
(b) She will surprise him with it.
(c) She will wear black.
(d) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
10. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
(a) To head to Montana first.
(b) To surprise Bo with a bus ticket.
(c) To hide from Bo.
(d) To go and live with a friend.
11. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
12. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
13. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
14. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
(b) He likes to explore many women.
(c) He does not like women.
(d) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
15. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
(a) His passion increases.
(b) He is frustrated and leaves.
(c) He is turned off of her.
(d) He becomes angry with VIrgil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
2. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
3. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
4. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
5. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)