|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(b) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(c) He criticizes her performance.
(d) He yells at her for not listening.
2. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(b) She will wear black.
(c) She will look very pretty in it.
(d) She will surprise him with it.
3. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
4. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
5. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(c) Playing his guitar.
6. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
7. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A week.
(d) A day.
8. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He does not like women.
(b) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(c) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
(d) He likes to explore many women.
9. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
(a) They decide to call a truce.
(b) They start to fight.
(c) They go outside.
(d) They go outside and walk down the road.
10. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
(a) To prepare their own song.
(b) To take a seat and be a good audience.
(c) To go off somewhere and be alone.
(d) Act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.
11. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
12. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
(b) Sharing too much information about himself.
(c) Flirting with too many women.
(d) Becoming an alcoholic.
13. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
(a) To surprise Bo with a bus ticket.
(b) To hide from Bo.
(c) To head to Montana first.
(d) To go and live with a friend.
14. What does Will go off to check?
(a) If Bo's temper has calmed down.
(b) Status of the food.
(c) Road conditions.
(d) Where Carl went.
15. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
2. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
3. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
4. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
5. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)