|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
2. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He yells at her for not listening.
(b) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(c) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(d) He criticizes her performance.
3. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He likes to explore many women.
(b) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(c) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
(d) He does not like women.
4. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(d) Some accompaning music.
5. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
(a) He didn't hear her sing.
(b) He walks out of the restaraunt.
(c) He doesn't clap at the end.
(d) He talked during her song.
6. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
(a) He finds it uncomfortable.
(b) He is angered by it.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He finds it reassuring.
7. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She will look very pretty in it.
(b) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(c) She will wear black.
(d) She will surprise him with it.
8. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(b) Not to press charges about Bo.
(c) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(d) To stay away from Will.
9. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
10. Which character is unstable and depressed?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
11. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To find inner peace.
(b) To find happiness.
(c) To experience true love.
(d) To make a relationship work.
12. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing on a guitar.
13. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) His innocent nature.
(c) His need for approval.
(d) His possessiveness of Cherie.
14. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Reading a magazine.
15. Which of the following is not true about Dr. Lyman?
(a) Rhodes Scholar.
(b) Ph. D.
(c) Summa Cum Laude.
(d) Harvard graduate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Grace give Elma?
2. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
3. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
4. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
5. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)