|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(b) Reading a magazine.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing on a guitar.
2. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
(a) To go off somewhere and be alone.
(b) Act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(c) To prepare their own song.
(d) To take a seat and be a good audience.
3. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He falls asleep on a bench.
(b) He goes back to the bus.
(c) He passes out on the floor.
(d) He goes across the street.
4. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
5. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
6. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
7. What advice does Grace give Elma?
(a) To go and use her apartment.
(b) To try and sober Dr. Lyman up.
(c) Do not meet Dr. Lyman in Topeka.
(d) To take Dr. Lyman out to the bus.
8. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
(a) Show her some freedom.
(b) Show his tender side.
(c) Back away from her.
(d) Sing a song with her.
9. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(c) Playing his guitar.
(d) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
10. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
(a) He is turned off of her.
(b) His passion increases.
(c) He becomes angry with VIrgil.
(d) He is frustrated and leaves.
11. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
12. Which character returns in this act at the end?
13. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
14. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He is interrupted by others.
(c) He cannot remember his part.
(d) He is distracted by the other events around him.
15. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He hates to watch people fight.
(b) He wants to leave the state.
(c) He has nothing else to do.
(d) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
2. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
3. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
4. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
5. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)