|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bo decide he wanted to marry Cherie?
(a) When he first saw her.
(b) Since they were children.
(c) They day after they first slept together.
(d) After their first date.
2. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
(a) To the Justice of the Peace.
(b) To the bus to wait in the cold.
(c) Back to the ranch.
(d) To Las Vegas.
3. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
(a) She is acting very different.
(b) Will would stop him.
(c) She won't talk to him anymore.
(d) He's not sure he wants to take that step.
4. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
(a) She wants it to end.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She is frustrated.
5. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is right.
(b) She doesn't understand him.
(c) She finds his thoughts irrational.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
6. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
7. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
8. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Sharing too much information about himself.
(b) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
(c) Flirting with too many women.
(d) Becoming an alcoholic.
9. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
(b) Reading a magazine.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing his guitar.
10. Which character returns in this act at the end?
11. What does Will go off to check?
(a) Status of the food.
(b) Where Carl went.
(c) If Bo's temper has calmed down.
(d) Road conditions.
12. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To stay away from Will.
(b) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(c) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(d) Not to press charges about Bo.
13. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
14. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
15. What happened when Cherie was ready to buy her own ticket?
(a) Bo cried and begged her to come with him.
(b) Bo came up and bought her a ticket.
(c) Bo tore up the ticket she bought.
(d) Bo took her onto a different bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
2. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
3. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
4. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
5. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)