|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
(a) Will would stop him.
(b) She is acting very different.
(c) She won't talk to him anymore.
(d) He's not sure he wants to take that step.
2. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
3. What happens to Bo after the slap?
(a) He drags Cherie to the bus.
(b) He becomes aggressive.
(c) He walks out.
(d) He demands she marry him immediately.
4. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
(a) To the Justice of the Peace.
(b) Back to the ranch.
(c) To the bus to wait in the cold.
(d) To Las Vegas.
5. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He likes to explore many women.
(b) He does not like women.
(c) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(d) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
6. Where does Act II take place?
(a) Outside of the restaurant.
(b) The same place as Act I.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At a new stop that the bus made.
7. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
(a) To start a new job.
(b) To see her doctor.
(c) To visit her sister.
(d) To hear a symphony.
8. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
9. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(b) Not to press charges about Bo.
(c) To stay away from Will.
(d) To take a minute and think about her situation.
10. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
11. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
(a) Back away from her.
(b) Show his tender side.
(c) Show her some freedom.
(d) Sing a song with her.
12. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) To meet him in the morning.
(b) Not to tell anyone else.
(c) To ride with him tonight.
(d) To let him break the news to the others.
13. Why mistake does Dr. Lyman realize he has started upon?
(a) Sharing too much information about himself.
(b) Becoming an alcoholic.
(c) Flirting with too many women.
(d) Taking advantage of an innocent girl.
14. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
15. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To experience true love.
(b) To find inner peace.
(c) To find happiness.
(d) To make a relationship work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
2. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
3. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
4. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
5. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)