|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) Not to press charges about Bo.
(b) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(c) To stay away from Will.
(d) To take a minute and think about her situation.
2. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He has nothing else to do.
(b) He wants to leave the state.
(c) He hates to watch people fight.
(d) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
3. When did Bo decide he wanted to marry Cherie?
(a) Since they were children.
(b) When he first saw her.
(c) After their first date.
(d) They day after they first slept together.
4. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
5. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
(a) He talked during her song.
(b) He walks out of the restaraunt.
(c) He doesn't clap at the end.
(d) He didn't hear her sing.
6. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
7. Which character returns in this act at the end?
8. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
(a) She wants it to end.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She loves him.
9. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He yells at her for not listening.
(b) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(c) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(d) He criticizes her performance.
10. What happens to Bo after the slap?
(a) He drags Cherie to the bus.
(b) He becomes aggressive.
(c) He walks out.
(d) He demands she marry him immediately.
11. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
(c) Dr. Lyman.
12. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) To let him break the news to the others.
(b) Not to tell anyone else.
(c) To ride with him tonight.
(d) To meet him in the morning.
13. Which of the following is not true about Dr. Lyman?
(a) Ph. D.
(b) Harvard graduate.
(c) Rhodes Scholar.
(d) Summa Cum Laude.
14. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
(a) His innocent nature.
(b) His possessiveness of Cherie.
(c) His lack of intelligence.
(d) His need for approval.
15. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
(a) To take a seat and be a good audience.
(b) To go off somewhere and be alone.
(c) To prepare their own song.
(d) Act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
2. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
3. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
4. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
5. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)