|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is right.
(b) She thinks he is crazy.
(c) She finds his thoughts irrational.
(d) She doesn't understand him.
2. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To experience true love.
(b) To make a relationship work.
(c) To find happiness.
(d) To find inner peace.
3. What does Will go off to check?
(a) Road conditions.
(b) Status of the food.
(c) If Bo's temper has calmed down.
(d) Where Carl went.
4. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
5. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
6. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
7. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) Not to tell anyone else.
(b) To let him break the news to the others.
(c) To meet him in the morning.
(d) To ride with him tonight.
8. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
(a) Virgil loves her.
(b) Bo loves her.
(c) Virgil is Bo's father.
(d) Bo was a virgin.
9. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(b) He criticizes her performance.
(c) He yells at her for not listening.
(d) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
10. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
(a) To see her doctor.
(b) To start a new job.
(c) To hear a symphony.
(d) To visit her sister.
11. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing on his guitar.
12. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
(a) Act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(b) To take a seat and be a good audience.
(c) To go off somewhere and be alone.
(d) To prepare their own song.
13. Where is Dr. Lyman heading?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) San Francisco.
14. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He has nothing else to do.
(b) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
(c) He hates to watch people fight.
(d) He wants to leave the state.
15. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
(a) They decide to call a truce.
(b) They go outside.
(c) They start to fight.
(d) They go outside and walk down the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act II take place?
2. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
3. What happens to Bo after the slap?
4. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
5. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)