|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
2. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
(a) To ride with him tonight.
(b) Not to tell anyone else.
(c) To let him break the news to the others.
(d) To meet him in the morning.
3. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is relieved by it.
(b) He is frustrated by it.
(c) He regrets it.
(d) He is glad he made it.
4. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(d) Some accompaning music.
5. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
(a) He is frustrated and leaves.
(b) He is turned off of her.
(c) His passion increases.
(d) He becomes angry with VIrgil.
6. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To stay away from Will.
(b) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(c) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(d) Not to press charges about Bo.
7. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He does not like women.
(b) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(c) He likes to explore many women.
(d) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
8. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
(a) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Reading a magazine.
9. Why does Bo decide not to follow through on his plan in regards to Cherie?
(a) She is acting very different.
(b) Will would stop him.
(c) She won't talk to him anymore.
(d) He's not sure he wants to take that step.
10. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
(a) A day.
(b) A week.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) An hour.
11. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
(a) To prepare their own song.
(b) To go off somewhere and be alone.
(c) Act out the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet.
(d) To take a seat and be a good audience.
12. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
(a) Being lonely.
(b) What to do next.
(c) About the weather.
(d) How pretty Cherie is.
13. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He goes back to the bus.
(b) He passes out on the floor.
(c) He falls asleep on a bench.
(d) He goes across the street.
14. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
(a) Show her some freedom.
(b) Sing a song with her.
(c) Show his tender side.
(d) Back away from her.
15. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He has nothing else to do.
(b) He hates to watch people fight.
(c) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
(d) He wants to leave the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
2. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
3. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
4. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
5. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)