|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
2. What does Elma ask Dr. Lyman to do?
(a) Talk about his views on love some more.
(b) Sing with Cherie.
(c) Play some of the guitar.
(d) Read poetry.
3. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(c) Some accompaning music.
4. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is crazy.
(b) She finds his thoughts irrational.
(c) She thinks he is right.
(d) She doesn't understand him.
5. Which character is unstable and depressed?
(c) Dr. Lyman.
6. What happened when Cherie was ready to buy her own ticket?
(a) Bo took her onto a different bus.
(b) Bo tore up the ticket she bought.
(c) Bo cried and begged her to come with him.
(d) Bo came up and bought her a ticket.
7. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
8. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(b) To stay away from Will.
(c) Not to press charges about Bo.
(d) To take a minute and think about her situation.
9. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(b) Playing on a guitar.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Reading a magazine.
10. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
(a) A day.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) A week.
11. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
(a) Back to the ranch.
(b) To the Justice of the Peace.
(c) To Las Vegas.
(d) To the bus to wait in the cold.
12. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
13. What happens to Bo after the slap?
(a) He walks out.
(b) He becomes aggressive.
(c) He demands she marry him immediately.
(d) He drags Cherie to the bus.
14. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He hates to watch people fight.
(b) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
(c) He has nothing else to do.
(d) He wants to leave the state.
15. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
(a) Show her some freedom.
(b) Show his tender side.
(c) Back away from her.
(d) Sing a song with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
2. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
3. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
4. Where does Act II take place?
5. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)