|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
2. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
3. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
(a) What to do next.
(b) Being lonely.
(c) How pretty Cherie is.
(d) About the weather.
4. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
(a) Will slams Bo into a table.
(b) Will puts handcuffs on Bo.
(c) Will drags Bo off to the jail.
(d) Will punches Bo and knocks him out.
5. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
(a) To hide from Bo.
(b) To head to Montana first.
(c) To surprise Bo with a bus ticket.
(d) To go and live with a friend.
6. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
7. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
8. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
9. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To find happiness.
(b) To experience true love.
(c) To make a relationship work.
(d) To find inner peace.
10. Where does Act II take place?
(a) On the bus.
(b) At a new stop that the bus made.
(c) Outside of the restaurant.
(d) The same place as Act I.
11. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) Not to press charges about Bo.
(b) To listen to what Bo has to say.
(c) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(d) To stay away from Will.
12. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
13. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing his guitar.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Reading a magazine.
14. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(b) He likes to explore many women.
(c) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
(d) He does not like women.
15. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That she will sing.
(b) That she bring him a drink.
(c) That they accompany him.
(d) That she sit closer to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
2. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
3. Which character is unstable and depressed?
4. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
5. What happens to Bo after the slap?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)