|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing on his guitar.
2. Where is Dr. Lyman heading?
(a) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. What advice does Grace give Elma?
(a) To take Dr. Lyman out to the bus.
(b) To go and use her apartment.
(c) To try and sober Dr. Lyman up.
(d) Do not meet Dr. Lyman in Topeka.
4. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is crazy.
(b) She thinks he is right.
(c) She finds his thoughts irrational.
(d) She doesn't understand him.
5. Which character returns in this act at the end?
6. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
(a) Playing his guitar.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Reading a magazine.
7. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
8. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He criticizes her performance.
(b) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(c) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(d) He yells at her for not listening.
9. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
(a) He finds it reassuring.
(b) He is angered by it.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He finds it uncomfortable.
10. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He falls asleep on a bench.
(b) He goes across the street.
(c) He passes out on the floor.
(d) He goes back to the bus.
11. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
(a) An hour.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) A few minutes.
12. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
(a) He didn't hear her sing.
(b) He talked during her song.
(c) He doesn't clap at the end.
(d) He walks out of the restaraunt.
13. Which of the following best describes Dr. Lyman's life?
14. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To experience true love.
(b) To make a relationship work.
(c) To find happiness.
(d) To find inner peace.
15. Why can't Dr. Lyman carry off his plans with Elma?
(a) He is too drunk.
(b) He cannot remember his part.
(c) He is distracted by the other events around him.
(d) He is interrupted by others.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
2. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
3. Where does Dr. Lyman want Elma to take him in Topeka?
4. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
5. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)