|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(c) Playing on a guitar.
2. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
3. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
4. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
(a) She does not believe Virgil.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She is taken aback by the information.
(d) She is disgusted by the information.
5. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That she sit closer to him.
(b) That they accompany him.
(c) That she bring him a drink.
(d) That she will sing.
6. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
(a) Virgil loves her.
(b) Virgil is Bo's father.
(c) Bo loves her.
(d) Bo was a virgin.
7. Where did Bo tell Cherie he was taking her away to?
8. How does Bo feel about his situation with Cherie?
(a) He is angered by it.
(b) He finds it reassuring.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He finds it uncomfortable.
9. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is relieved by it.
(b) He is glad he made it.
(c) He regrets it.
(d) He is frustrated by it.
10. What advice does Grace give Elma?
(a) To take Dr. Lyman out to the bus.
(b) Do not meet Dr. Lyman in Topeka.
(c) To go and use her apartment.
(d) To try and sober Dr. Lyman up.
11. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(a) Some accompaning music.
12. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
(a) To hear a symphony.
(b) To see her doctor.
(c) To visit her sister.
(d) To start a new job.
13. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
(a) Dr. Lyman.
14. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
(a) His innocent nature.
(b) His lack of intelligence.
(c) His need for approval.
(d) His possessiveness of Cherie.
15. Why does Virgil say he doesn't ever want to marry?
(a) He likes to explore many women.
(b) He does not like women.
(c) He doesn't have time to worry about a woman.
(d) He doesn't want to give up his independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
2. What do Elma and Dr. Lyman do to keep in the spirit of the night?
3. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
4. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
5. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)