|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cherie react to the news Virgil shares about Bo?
(a) She is taken aback by the information.
(b) She is disgusted by the information.
(c) She does not believe Virgil.
(d) She begins to cry.
2. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
(c) Dr. Lyman.
3. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
(a) To find inner peace.
(b) To experience true love.
(c) To find happiness.
(d) To make a relationship work.
4. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
(a) What to do next.
(b) About the weather.
(c) Being lonely.
(d) How pretty Cherie is.
5. Which of the following best describes how Dr. Lyman feels about where he used to work and the students there?
6. What decision did Cherie make when she was afraid of what Bo might do?
(a) To head to Montana first.
(b) To hide from Bo.
(c) To go and live with a friend.
(d) To surprise Bo with a bus ticket.
7. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is right.
(b) She thinks he is crazy.
(c) She doesn't understand him.
(d) She finds his thoughts irrational.
8. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
(a) Will drags Bo off to the jail.
(b) Will puts handcuffs on Bo.
(c) Will punches Bo and knocks him out.
(d) Will slams Bo into a table.
9. How does Cherie feel about her situation with Bo?
(a) She wants it to end.
(b) She is frustrated.
(c) She is confused by it.
(d) She loves him.
10. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
(b) He criticizes her performance.
(c) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(d) He yells at her for not listening.
11. What happens between the person who intervenes and Bo?
(a) They start to fight.
(b) They go outside.
(c) They decide to call a truce.
(d) They go outside and walk down the road.
12. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He wants to leave the state.
(b) He has nothing else to do.
(c) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
(d) He hates to watch people fight.
13. Who does Cherie talk to about Bo?
(c) Dr. Lyman.
14. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
(a) To the bus to wait in the cold.
(b) To the Justice of the Peace.
(c) Back to the ranch.
(d) To Las Vegas.
15. Which character is unstable and depressed?
(c) Dr. Lyman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Virgil tell Cherie that shocks her?
2. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
3. Which character returns in this act at the end?
4. What is Cherie doing as Act II opens?
5. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)