|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Virgil and Bo talk about that Virgil hopes will distract Bo?
(a) How pretty Cherie is.
(b) What to do next.
(c) About the weather.
(d) Being lonely.
2. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is glad he made it.
(b) He regrets it.
(c) He is frustrated by it.
(d) He is relieved by it.
3. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
4. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
(a) Sing a song with her.
(b) Show his tender side.
(c) Show her some freedom.
(d) Back away from her.
5. When did Bo decide he wanted to marry Cherie?
(a) Since they were children.
(b) They day after they first slept together.
(c) When he first saw her.
(d) After their first date.
6. Which character is unstable and depressed?
(d) Dr. Lyman.
7. Which character returns in this act at the end?
8. What happened when Cherie was ready to buy her own ticket?
(a) Bo took her onto a different bus.
(b) Bo came up and bought her a ticket.
(c) Bo tore up the ticket she bought.
(d) Bo cried and begged her to come with him.
9. What does Will go off to check?
(a) Road conditions.
(b) Where Carl went.
(c) If Bo's temper has calmed down.
(d) Status of the food.
10. Why does Cherie slap Bo when she finishes singing?
(a) He didn't hear her sing.
(b) He talked during her song.
(c) He walks out of the restaraunt.
(d) He doesn't clap at the end.
11. What is Elma doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(d) Playing on a guitar.
12. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
13. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
(a) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
(b) Playing his guitar.
(c) Reading a magazine.
14. Where does Bo talk to Virgil about taking Cherie?
(a) To the Justice of the Peace.
(b) To the bus to wait in the cold.
(c) To Las Vegas.
(d) Back to the ranch.
15. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
(a) To visit her sister.
(b) To start a new job.
(c) To hear a symphony.
(d) To see her doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
2. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
3. How does Virgil suggest Bo could act around Cherie to make her like him more?
4. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
5. Which character shows that he is a gentleman?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)