|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dr. Lyman?
(a) He goes across the street.
(b) He goes back to the bus.
(c) He passes out on the floor.
(d) He falls asleep on a bench.
2. What is Elma's reaction to Dr. Lyman's thoughts about love?
(a) She thinks he is right.
(b) She finds his thoughts irrational.
(c) She doesn't understand him.
(d) She thinks he is crazy.
3. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
4. What does Elma say about the dress she will wear to the symphony?
(a) She will look very pretty in it.
(b) She isn't sure which one she will pick.
(c) She will surprise him with it.
(d) She will wear black.
5. What does Will do to Bo at the end of the fight?
(a) Will puts handcuffs on Bo.
(b) Will punches Bo and knocks him out.
(c) Will slams Bo into a table.
(d) Will drags Bo off to the jail.
6. Why does Dr. Lyman get progressively drunker?
(a) He feels guilty longing for Elma.
(b) He wants to leave the state.
(c) He hates to watch people fight.
(d) He has nothing else to do.
7. Why does Cherie get annoyed with Bo when he tries to be nicer to her?
(a) He is talking while Virgil is playing the guitar.
(b) He yells at her for not listening.
(c) He criticizes her performance.
(d) He doesn't listen to her and keeps talking.
8. Which character appears to be lonely looking for sexual and emotional comfort?
9. What does Virgil ask from Cherie in order to keep playing?
(a) That she sit closer to him.
(b) That they accompany him.
(c) That she bring him a drink.
(d) That she will sing.
10. How does Bo feel about Cherie and Virgil talking?
11. What does Dr. Lyman agree to play?
(b) Some accompaning music.
12. What happened when Cherie was ready to buy her own ticket?
(a) Bo cried and begged her to come with him.
(b) Bo came up and bought her a ticket.
(c) Bo tore up the ticket she bought.
(d) Bo took her onto a different bus.
13. What is Bo doing as Act II opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(b) Playing on his guitar.
(c) Chatting with Dr. Lyman.
14. What happens to Bo when he hears Cherie singing?
(a) He becomes angry with VIrgil.
(b) He is frustrated and leaves.
(c) His passion increases.
(d) He is turned off of her.
15. What does Virgil beg Cherie about?
(a) To take a minute and think about her situation.
(b) Not to press charges about Bo.
(c) To stay away from Will.
(d) To listen to what Bo has to say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Grace give Elma?
2. How does Cherie want to feel by whomever she decides to marry?
3. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
4. What does Virgil tell Bo he needs to do if he wants Cherie to talk to him?
5. Which of the following results in Bo's aggressiveness?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)