|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Virgil?
2. Which of the following characters is a waitress?
(a) Elma Duckworth.
(b) Wilma Masters.
(d) Grace Hoylard.
3. What does Cherie tell Will she needs?
(a) Hiding place.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
(a) Has a southern accent.
(b) Good student.
(c) Married to a man who wanders.
(d) Carries a large straw suitcase.
5. What did Bo or Virgil do that Will wants them to fix?
(a) Spilled their drinks.
(b) Refused to pay for their drinks.
(c) Took up two tables instead of one.
(d) Left the door open.
6. Why does Elma say that Will is good at taking care of people?
(a) He is a religious man.
(b) He has previously been married.
(c) He is a counselor.
(d) He was a rancher previously.
7. Why do Grace and Elma believe the restaurant will have to stay open late?
(a) Ice storm.
(b) Lateness of the bus.
(d) Business of the restaurant.
8. Who does Carl flirt with?
9. What decade does this play occur during?
10. Which character is about twenty-years-old and female?
11. What does Dr. Lyman confess he has a hard time doing?
(a) Keeping a job.
(b) Living without alcohol.
(c) Traveling by food.
(d) Remembering things.
12. What does Elma get him instead of alcohol?
(a) Lemon soda.
(b) Soda pop.
13. What happened to separate her family from Cherie?
14. What time of day is it as the play opens?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 12 p.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
15. What does Will tell Bo that infuriates him?
(a) Cherie is staying at the restaurant.
(b) Cherie said she was kidnapped.
(c) Cherie doesn't love him.
(d) Cherie is in love with Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of her sisters was Cherie able to stay with?
2. Where does Carl say he is going?
3. What city is the restaurant near?
4. Which of the following does not accurately describe Cherie?
5. What excuse does Grace use to go to her apartment?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)