|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the owner of the restaurant?
(a) Virgil Blessing.
(b) Grace Hoylard.
(c) Bo Decker.
(d) Elma Duckworth.
2. Which of the following characters does not find love in the novel?
3. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
(a) To start a new job.
(b) To see her doctor.
(c) To hear a symphony.
(d) To visit her sister.
4. How does Elma react to what Grace told her?
(a) She is flattered.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She is angered.
(d) She is relieved.
5. Which of the following does not accurately describe Cherie?
(a) Dark brown hair.
(b) Southern accent.
(c) Gilded sandals.
(d) Sequin and net dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman think it is no longer possible for people to give enough for?
2. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma that people have unrealistic expectations of?
3. Who leaves the cafe to go across the road?
4. Who intervenes in the fight between Cherie and Bo?
5. Which character can be considered naive at the end of this act?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)