|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Lyman do that he considers the right thing to do?
(a) Pours out his bottle of whiskey.
(b) Tells Elma he is not good for her.
(c) Calls off his date with Elma.
(d) Decides to meet Elma and stay sober.
2. What news does Will come in and share with Grace and Elma?
(a) There was an accident on Virgil's ranch.
(b) Telephone lines are down.
(c) Road workers are coming for coffee and food.
(d) The bus is not coming.
3. Which character is not starting a new life?
(b) Dr. Lyman.
4. What are Grace and Carl doing before he has to go out to the bus?
5. How does Virgil feel about the decision he made to never marry?
(a) He is relieved by it.
(b) He is frustrated by it.
(c) He is glad he made it.
(d) He regrets it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character returns in this act at the end?
2. What does Virgil announce?
3. Which of the following characters is the sheriff of the town?
4. Which of the following characters is a young rancher and cowboy?
5. What does Dr. Lyman talk about in between his conversations?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)