|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Elma headed for Topeka?
(a) To start a new job.
(b) To hear a symphony.
(c) To see her doctor.
(d) To visit her sister.
2. Why does Cherie say that she dropped out of school?
(a) To take care of her siblings.
(b) To raise her child.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To marry her lover.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of Elma?
(a) Carries a large straw suitcase.
(b) Has a southern accent.
(c) Good student.
(d) Married to a man who wanders.
4. Which character returns in this act at the end?
5. Who does Carl flirt with?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Virgil?
2. About how long after Act I did Act II occur?
3. What is Virgil doing as Act II opens?
4. What does Dr. Lyman tell Elma about their plans?
5. Which of the following describes Virgil's feelings for Bo?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)