|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Richmond House been converted into since it is no longer a residence?
2. How old is Burr when he marries Madame Jumel?
3. How does Jefferson speak during his inaugural speech?
4. Which of the following is evidence that Burr's proposal to Madame Jumel was not spontaneous?
5. Who challenges Burr on his position of support of the French people in their revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Burr's law career according to the notes that Charlie receives from Davis.
2. What is the result of the Presidential election of 1800 and how is the decision made?
3. Describe the differences between Thomas Jefferson and Burr's interpretations of Burr's political actions.
4. How does Burr persuade Jefferson to run for President with Burr as his Vice President?
5. Describe the meeting that Charlie and Matt Davis have at the City Hotel.
6. What powers do the Alien and Sedition Acts give the government?
7. On what matter does Washington ask Burr's advice, what advice does Burr give him, and what does he do with this advice?
8. When does Burr first meet James Madison, and what are the circumstances?
9. Describe the events surrounding the trial of Levi Weeks.
10. What are some of the experiences that Burr has had before the book begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay analyzing the significance of idealism in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay evaluating the different influences and motivations that affect each character in the novel. How do these different motivations contribute to plot development?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you examine the idea of fate vs. choice in the novel. Which seems to be a more influential force?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)