|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jefferson act when Burr first asks him to secure the Virginia votes for Burr?
2. In Burr's divorce from Eliza, whom does Eliza hire as her attorney?
3. From what type of background does Hamilton come?
4. In the election of 1800, how many votes do Jefferson and Burr both receive?
5. What does Burr tell Charlie to tell Mrs. Burr when she arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Charlie finds in Burr's trunk in his office.
2. Describe the events surrounding the trial of Levi Weeks.
3. Who makes up Publius and what is their purpose?
4. According to the notes that Burr provides to Charlie and Davis, why does Burr not receive a promotion sooner or to a higher position?
5. What powers do the Alien and Sedition Acts give the government?
6. What does Mrs. Rosanna Townsend tell Charlie when he presses for information on his visit?
7. Describe the accounting of Burr and Hamilton's duel that Burr gives when Leggett presses him for details.
8. Describe the events surrounding Dolley and James Madison's introduction.
9. Describe the different ways that Washington and others believe that he should be addressed. Explain any reasoning behind these titles.
10. Describe what happens after Alexander Hamilton has an affair with Mrs. James Reynolds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you evaluate the novel's own commentary on itself. What does the novel have to say about history? What about texts? How does the novel define itself?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring the role of secrecy in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring the role of deception in the novel.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)