|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is attacked with Burr by French sailors?
2. What happened to the judge who presided over Elma Sands' murder trial?
3. Which of the following does the Alien and Sedition act NOT provide?
4. Who wins the 1884 election for mayor?
5. In the French Revolution, who does Washington declare his support for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the Presidential election of 1800 and how is the decision made?
2. When does Burr first meet James Madison, and what are the circumstances?
3. What are some of the experiences that Burr has had before the book begins?
4. Why does Burr initially perceive Thomas Jefferson as an ally, and what are some of his initial observations of Jefferson?
5. Describe the differences between Thomas Jefferson and Burr's interpretations of Burr's political actions.
6. Describe the events surrounding Dolley and James Madison's introduction.
7. What does Burr notice about Thomas Jefferson when he visits him at his home at Monticello in 1795?
8. Describe what Charlie finds in Burr's trunk in his office.
9. Describe the accounting of Burr and Hamilton's duel that Burr gives when Leggett presses him for details.
10. Describe how other nations react to early America as a new governing nation and how France's revolution impacts the US.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating the novel's position on marriage, concentrating on the role of specific marriages in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The novel, narrated by Charlie, depends also on the accounts and narration of Burr. Write an essay in which you evaluate the believability/ trustworthiness of character testimony.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating the importance of passion as a character trait in the novel.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)