|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the professor of phrenology who visits Charlie and Helen?
(a) George Fuller.
(b) Richard Robinson.
(c) Sam Swartwout.
(d) Reginald Gower.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the responses that Jefferson gives Burr when he asks about his future with the Jefferson administration?
(a) He says that there is nothing he can offer Burr.
(b) He denies he has made other plans for Vice President.
(c) He says that Burr can have a position, but not Vice President.
(d) He states that positions have been filled.
3. How does Jefferson treat past promises he has made to Burr once he becomes President?
(a) He refuses to honor them.
(b) He tries to accomodate of them.
(c) He relunctantly honors them.
(d) He goes above and beyond to honor them.
4. In 1805, with whom does Jefferson consider going to war to acquire the Floridas?
5. What is the result of Burr's treason trial in which Constitutional definitions are focused on and witnesses perjure themselves?
(a) He is neither found guity, nor acquitted.
(b) He is found guilty.
(c) His trial is postponed.
(d) He is found not guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Burr and Charlie discuss the duel of Burr and Hamilton?
2. According to the Constitution, how many individuals must bear witness to the traitor for someone to be convicted of treason?
3. What would happen to Charlie if anyone discovered Helen's occupation?
4. Which story does Mr. Bryant agree to purchase from Charlie that Charlie stole directly from Burr's memoirs?
5. What arrives an hour after Aaron Burr dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors upset Charlie most when he finds out that his consulship is coming to an end?
2. Describe the comparison that Charlie makes between Burr and Leggett soon after the great fire which burned 700 buildings.
3. Why does Burr gather Jamie Wilkinson, John Smith, Jonathan Dayton, and future president General Andrew Jackson together?
4. Describe the duel between Burr and Hamilton according to Burr's re-enactment.
5. What does the Constitution stipulate regarding treason trials, and how does this affect Jefferson's case against Burr?
6. Where is Charlie on a consulship and how did he obtain the position?
7. What does Burr refer to as "the great American tragedy"?
8. What does Mrs. Townsend say to Charlie when he tries to come visit Helen, who has left him?
9. What does Jefferson do that guarantees him reelection and where does Burr fit into the reelection bid?
10. How does Burr feel about the Constitutional power given to the President? What other ideas does he have about the Constitution?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)