|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is being celebrated when Swartwout comes to visit Charlie on his consulship?
(a) The Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
(b) The Feast of Corpus Christi.
(c) The Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
(d) The Feast of the Ascension of Our Lord.
2. When Charlie goes to visit Van Buren in the White House, what does he notice?
(a) That the White House is in disrepair.
(b) The lack of good food.
(c) That Van Buren seems distant towards Burr.
(d) Similarities between Van Buren and Burr.
3. After Charlie comes to the realization that Burr and Leggett have similar qualities, how does he bring them together?
(a) He doesn't bring them together.
(b) By bribing them.
(c) As enemies.
(d) As equals.
4. According to Sam Swartwout, what did Hamilton say that caused Burr to challenge him to a duel?
(a) Burr was the lover of his own daughter.
(b) Burr stole money from the U.S. Treasury.
(c) Burr's son was Van Buren.
(d) Burr invited many women into his home.
5. In what month does Sam Swartwout arrive to visit Charlie at the place of his consulship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does Wilkinson receive from both Burr and Jefferson?
2. Which story does Mr. Bryant agree to purchase from Charlie that Charlie stole directly from Burr's memoirs?
3. When Charlie goes to visit Helen at Mrs. Townsend's, how does Mrs. Townsend act?
4. When does Burr realize that Jefferson is determined to boot him out of political life?
5. After being captured on February 19, 1807, where is Burr taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burr refer to as "the great American tragedy"?
2. What position does Burr consider taking in New York and why does he tell Jefferson?
3. How does Burr feel about the Constitutional power given to the President? What other ideas does he have about the Constitution?
4. What does Jefferson do that guarantees him reelection and where does Burr fit into the reelection bid?
5. Describe the comparison that Charlie makes between Burr and Leggett soon after the great fire which burned 700 buildings.
6. Describe Jefferson's options he considers for obtaining the Floridas.
7. What does Van Buren tell Charlie about Burr when Charlie visits the White House?
8. Describe Jefferson's beliefs about States' rights.
9. What does the Constitution stipulate regarding treason trials, and how does this affect Jefferson's case against Burr?
10. Describe the duel between Burr and Hamilton according to Burr's re-enactment.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)