|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the case against Burr for the misdemeanor of invading Mexico turn out?
(a) He is never tried.
(b) He is found guilty.
(c) He is found not guilty.
(d) The trial ends with no resolution.
2. What is the verdict against the actual murderer in the case where Charlie was originally accused?
(a) Not guilty.
(b) There is no verdict.
(c) He is found guilty and jailed.
(d) He is sentenced to die.
3. What is phrenology?
(a) The study of the appearance of angels.
(b) The study of relationships.
(c) The study of political parties.
(d) The study of bumps on the skull.
4. Why is Charlie shocked when Van Buren says he will go visit Burr?
(a) Because Van Buren was previously distant towards Burr.
(b) Because it is a damaging move for his political career.
(c) Because Van Buren is very busy.
(d) Because Burr lives far away.
5. Willing to abandon all thoughts of Mexico, for what does Burr ask Jefferson?
(a) He is unwilling to abandon thoughts of Mexico.
(b) A trip to Europe.
(c) An army.
(d) An appointment in his administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1805, with whom does Jefferson consider going to war to acquire the Floridas?
2. What holiday is being celebrated when Swartwout comes to visit Charlie on his consulship?
3. According to Sam Swartwout, what did Hamilton say that caused Burr to challenge him to a duel?
4. Where is Charlie's consulship located in 1840?
5. After telling Jefferson what is going on in the West, for what does Burr ask Jefferson's permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leggett say about publishing the pamphlet as he lays sick in bed?
2. When and why does Burr surrender to the governor of the Mississippi Territory?
3. Describe the duel between Burr and Hamilton according to Burr's re-enactment.
4. Who is George Fuller, and why does Helen scream during his visit?
5. On what counts is Charlie arrested and what events surround his arrest?
6. When they go out together, how does Charlie introduce Helen and how does he feel about his relationship with the prostitute?
7. What is Sam Houston's plan to liberate Texas from Mexico?
8. Where is Charlie on a consulship and how did he obtain the position?
9. Describe James Wilkinson's involvement in the Spanish Conspiracy.
10. How much is the publisher to which Sam Swartwout introduces Charlie willing to pay for Burr's memoirs, and what are the stipulations?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)