|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what vote does Wilkinson narrowly escape his own treason conviction?
(a) 8 to 6.
(b) 9 to 7.
(c) 10 to 5.
(d) 7 to 5.
2. What is Charlie's Italian wife's name?
3. Why does Burr surrender to the governor of the Mississippi Territory on January 17, 1807?
(a) So that he can see Jefferson.
(b) Because he feels he is guilty.
(c) To protect himself from Wilkinson.
(d) Because he is about to starve to death.
4. In what month does Sam Swartwout arrive to visit Charlie at the place of his consulship?
5. Where do Burr and Charlie discuss the duel of Burr and Hamilton?
(a) At the original site of the duel.
(b) At Burr's office.
(c) At Charlie's room he is renting.
(d) At Richmond House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swartwout suggest that Charlie do rather than publish anything harmful to Burr?
2. For what position does Burr ask for his brother-in-law, James Brown?
3. How does Jefferson treat past promises he has made to Burr once he becomes President?
4. What position does Burr hope to obtain if Louisiana and Mexico are liberated?
5. Who does Charlie ask to print an account of his false arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Burr gather Jamie Wilkinson, John Smith, Jonathan Dayton, and future president General Andrew Jackson together?
2. How much is the publisher to which Sam Swartwout introduces Charlie willing to pay for Burr's memoirs, and what are the stipulations?
3. What role does Jefferson play in Burr's treason trial after he is captured on February 19, 1807? What is his purpose?
4. Describe the duel between Burr and Hamilton according to Burr's re-enactment.
5. How does Burr feel about the Constitutional power given to the President? What other ideas does he have about the Constitution?
6. What does Burr refer to as "the great American tragedy"?
7. What does Leggett say about publishing the pamphlet as he lays sick in bed?
8. Who murdered Helen and how does Charlie know this person?
9. What does Van Buren tell Charlie about Burr when Charlie visits the White House?
10. In June of 1808, what disguise does Burr adopt, where does he go, and how long does he stay?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)