|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Burr leave the military?
(a) To take care of his children.
(b) He is arrested for bribery.
(c) Washington asks him to leave.
(d) Health reasons.
2. What does Burr identify, at age 19, as George Washington's only good quality?
(a) He comes from a well-off family.
(b) He is an experienced leader.
(c) He has the demeanor of a general.
(d) He is young and muscular.
3. How does Jefferson act when Burr first asks him to secure the Virginia votes for Burr?
(a) He lies and says he will.
(b) He objects.
(c) He says he has already obtained the votes.
(d) He agrees.
4. Within 6 months of taking office, with which powerful family in New York does Jefferson renew his alliance?
(a) The Hamiltons.
(b) The Madisons.
(c) The Monroes.
(d) The Clintons.
5. Who is able to get Burr's partners to leave when they come looking for money for the Texas land scheme?
(a) Mrs. Burr.
(b) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was accused of Elma Sands' murder?
2. Where does Mrs. Burr ask Charlie to meet after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him?
3. In the French Revolution, who does Washington declare his support for?
4. Who is Reginald Gower?
5. What does Jefferson believe should be done with slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Charlie finds in Burr's trunk in his office.
2. Describe Helen and Charlie's family situations that they share with each other when he takes her away from the brothel for an evening.
3. What do Leggett and Mr. Bryant want Charlie to use his relationship with Burr to do and why?
4. Why is Burr reluctant to become a political leader and how does Hamilton's attitude about politics compare?
5. Who makes up Publius and what is their purpose?
6. How does Burr persuade Jefferson to run for President with Burr as his Vice President?
7. When Mrs. Burr shows up at Burr's office, what does she tell Charlie in the carriage?
8. What does Mrs. Rosanna Townsend tell Charlie when he presses for information on his visit?
9. What powers do the Alien and Sedition Acts give the government?
10. Describe Burr's law career according to the notes that Charlie receives from Davis.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)