|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Charlie find that Burr has been in Kinderhook at the time of Van Buren's conception?
(a) A journal entry.
(c) Van Buren's mother's testimony.
(d) A postmarked letter.
2. Who is the Whig candidate in the 1884 election for mayor?
3. In what year does Burr's wife, Theodosia, die?
4. After Helen begins living with him, what complaint does Charlie tell Leggett about Helen?
(a) He complains that she is not attracted to him.
(b) He complains that she is too controlling.
(c) He complains that she is sleeping with other men.
(d) He complains she refuses to do housework.
5. To what position was John Marshall appointed by Adams?
(a) Brigadier General.
(b) Chief Justice.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Vice President.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Burr first visit Jefferson at Monticello?
2. What are the Tory-Federalists also known as?
3. How old is Burr when he marries Madame Jumel?
4. What does Burr identify, at age 19, as George Washington's only good quality?
5. While living with General Israel Putnam, what is the name of the person that Burr identifies as a spy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the role that yellow fever plays in the book.
2. What is the result of the Presidential election of 1800 and how is the decision made?
3. How does Burr persuade Jefferson to run for President with Burr as his Vice President?
4. What powers do the Alien and Sedition Acts give the government?
5. Describe the accounting of Burr and Hamilton's duel that Burr gives when Leggett presses him for details.
6. How do Charlie and Helen persuade Mrs. Townsend to allow Helen to leave the brothel, and how does Charlie feel about her presence when she first starts living with him?
7. What do Leggett and Mr. Bryant want Charlie to use his relationship with Burr to do and why?
8. Describe the events surrounding Dolley and James Madison's introduction.
9. What does Mrs. Rosanna Townsend tell Charlie when he presses for information on his visit?
10. Describe how other nations react to early America as a new governing nation and how France's revolution impacts the US.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)