|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following individuals is not a part of Publius?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Jay.
2. While living with General Israel Putnam, what is the name of the person that Burr identifies as a spy?
(a) Eliza Jumel.
(b) Jamie Wilkinson.
(c) Nelson Chase.
(d) Margaret Moncrieffe.
3. Who wins the 1884 election for mayor?
4. What is Madame Jumel's connection to Napoleon?
(a) Napoleon could have used her ship to escape.
(b) Napoleon once sold her a ship.
(c) Napoleon is her cousin.
(d) Napoleon and she were lovers.
5. How does Jefferson act when Burr first asks him to secure the Virginia votes for Burr?
(a) He says he has already obtained the votes.
(b) He objects.
(c) He lies and says he will.
(d) He agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the deciding vote fall to in the 1800 election?
2. Whose administration passes the Alien and Sedition Acts?
3. What is the name of the girl with whom Charlie falls in love at Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
4. Where does Burr go to study and copy documents from 5 to 10 in the morning?
5. From what do John Seargeant and Dr. Hutchison die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Charlie finds in Burr's trunk in his office.
2. Describe Burr's law career according to the notes that Charlie receives from Davis.
3. What does Mrs. Rosanna Townsend tell Charlie when he presses for information on his visit?
4. Describe the role that yellow fever plays in the book.
5. What does Burr notice about Thomas Jefferson when he visits him at his home at Monticello in 1795?
6. Describe what happens after Alexander Hamilton has an affair with Mrs. James Reynolds?
7. What powers do the Alien and Sedition Acts give the government?
8. Describe the events surrounding Dolley and James Madison's introduction.
9. Describe the accounting of Burr and Hamilton's duel that Burr gives when Leggett presses him for details.
10. Describe the events surrounding the trial of Levi Weeks.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)