|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Burr's divorce from Eliza, whom does Eliza hire as her attorney?
(a) Martin van Buren.
(b) Alexander Hamilton's son.
(c) Aaron Columbus Burr.
(d) Levi Weeks.
2. To whom does Burr compare Arnold in his attempt to invade Canada?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Gengis Kahn.
3. What has Richmond House been converted into since it is no longer a residence?
(a) A church.
(b) A theater.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bakery.
4. What does General Washington wish to be called when he is elected president?
(a) His Excellency.
(b) The King.
(c) The President.
(d) His Mightiness.
5. Which country do the Republicans support in the French Revolution?
(a) They maintain neutrality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burr find it surprising that George Washington, a Virginian, is put in charge of the Continental Army?
2. To what position was John Marshall appointed by Adams?
3. Because he has given his word not to work against Thomas Jefferson, which states' votes does Burr promise Jefferson in the 1800 election?
4. How does Burr persuade Jefferson to get him the Virginia votes in the Presidential election?
5. Who was Burr's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie find out during the wedding of Burr to Madame Jumel?
2. How does Burr persuade Jefferson to run for President with Burr as his Vice President?
3. On what matter does Washington ask Burr's advice, what advice does Burr give him, and what does he do with this advice?
4. According to the notes that Burr provides to Charlie and Davis, why does Burr not receive a promotion sooner or to a higher position?
5. What does Mrs. Rosanna Townsend tell Charlie when he presses for information on his visit?
6. Describe Burr's law career according to the notes that Charlie receives from Davis.
7. After Burr's investment partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr tell Charlie at the City Hotel?
8. What does Burr notice about Thomas Jefferson when he visits him at his home at Monticello in 1795?
9. What is the result of the Presidential election of 1800 and how is the decision made?
10. Why is Burr reluctant to become a political leader and how does Hamilton's attitude about politics compare?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)