|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie's consulship located in 1840?
2. Who tells Burr that Wilkinson is a Spanish spy?
3. What event happens in December, 1835 that bankrupts the insurance companies?
(a) The end of government loans.
(b) The attack by Spaniards.
(c) A flood.
(d) A fire.
4. According to the Constitution, how many individuals must bear witness to the traitor for someone to be convicted of treason?
5. How does Jefferson guarantee his reelection?
(a) By eliminating taxes.
(b) By forging an alliance with England.
(c) By disgracing Burr.
(d) By building railroads.
6. Why is Mr. Bryant acting as standing editor for Leggett?
(a) Leggett is very ill.
(b) Legget had a stroke.
(c) Leggett is traveling.
(d) Leggett has been fired.
7. In June of 1808, what disguise does Burr adopt?
(a) That of H. E. Edwards.
(b) That of Alexander Hamilton.
(c) That of R. J. Hastings.
(d) That of Sam Swartwout.
8. Swartwout introduces Charlie to a publisher who is willing to pay Charlie for his research; who does this publisher want to write the biography about Burr?
(a) Sam Houston.
(b) Davy Crockett.
9. What does Burr tell Charlie that he wanted from Britain?
(a) A calvary.
(b) A partnership.
(c) Moral support.
(d) A British fleet and money.
10. How often did Helen go to visit Mrs. Townsend when she lived with Charlie?
(a) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
11. When talking to Merry, what does Burr refrain from doing?
(a) Asking for the help of the British Navy.
(b) Telling Merry that the western states have the right to secede.
(c) Agreeing to liberate the colonial people from Spain.
(d) Committing himself to breaking up the union.
12. After the duel with Hamilton, how does Burr's political career fair?
(a) His career in eastern politics is over.
(b) His career blossoms.
(c) His career is not affected.
(d) He must go into hiding.
13. What position does James Wilkinson hold when he asks Burr to get involved in the conquest of the West?
(b) Secretary of State.
(d) Brigadier General.
14. What is the name of the Supreme Court Justice put on trial for believing that there are limitations on legislative powers?
(a) Samuel Chase.
(b) James Wilkinson.
(c) Anthony Merry.
(d) John Marshall.
15. Where is Charlie when he is arrested for murder?
(a) In bed.
(b) At Helen's.
(c) At Burr's Office.
(d) Visiting with Leggett.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jefferson treat past promises he has made to Burr once he becomes President?
2. What arrives an hour after Aaron Burr dies?
3. With whom do Burr, Wilkinson, Smith, Dayton, and Jackson believe that they should go to war to liberate Louisiana and Mexico?
4. What does Burr tell Jefferson he feels is the greatest weakness in the Constitution?
5. Who committed the murder for which Charlie is arrested?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)