|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Wilkinson ask Burr to take in the Spanish Conspiracy?
(a) He wants him to negotiate with Spain.
(b) He wants him to distract the French.
(c) He wants him to take over Louisiana.
(d) He wants him to be the leader of the Mexican conquest.
2. Who fires first in the duel between Hamilton and Burr?
(b) An unknown gunman.
(d) They fired at the same time.
3. The plot to liberate Texas from Mexico, also included the plan to allow Texas to claim what areas?
(a) The Californias.
(c) The Floridas.
(d) The Louisiana Territory.
4. After Burr is cleared of charges in his first treason trial of 1807, where does Burr go into hiding?
(a) The forests of Mississippi.
(b) The swamps in Florida.
(c) A villa in Europe.
(d) A small village in Mexico.
5. Who serves as Burr's defense council in his treason trial where Jefferson plays prosecutor?
(a) John Marshall.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) James Wilkinson.
(d) Luther Martin.
6. How long is the trial for the murderer in the case for which Charlie was originally accused?
(a) Three days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) A week.
(d) Two months.
7. What arrives an hour after Aaron Burr dies?
(a) His medicine.
(b) His divorce decree.
(c) Van Buren.
(d) His carriage.
8. With whom does Jefferson consider a deal to buy the Floridas for $2 million?
(a) Charles IV.
(b) Isabella II.
9. Where was Charlie located when he wrote a book about the lowlands?
10. After being captured on February 19, 1807, where is Burr taken?
(a) To Fort Billingsport.
(b) To Fort Laurens.
(c) To Fort Ticonderoga.
(d) To Fort Stoddert.
11. How does the case against Burr for the misdemeanor of invading Mexico turn out?
(a) He is found guilty.
(b) He is never tried.
(c) He is found not guilty.
(d) The trial ends with no resolution.
12. Who committed the murder for which Charlie is arrested?
(a) Richard Robinson.
(b) Levi Weeks.
(c) Mrs. Townsend.
13. What is phrenology?
(a) The study of relationships.
(b) The study of bumps on the skull.
(c) The study of the appearance of angels.
(d) The study of political parties.
14. Where is Charlie's consulship located in 1840?
15. When Charlie goes to visit Van Buren in the White House, what does he notice?
(a) That Van Buren seems distant towards Burr.
(b) The lack of good food.
(c) That the White House is in disrepair.
(d) Similarities between Van Buren and Burr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen to Charlie if anyone discovered Helen's occupation?
2. Aware of Charlie's work on the pamphlet against Burr, what does Mr. Bryant say to Charlie?
3. What order does Wilkinson receive from both Burr and Jefferson?
4. On what grounds does Burr ask Jefferson for the personal favor of getting him a position in his administration?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the responses that Jefferson gives Burr when he asks about his future with the Jefferson administration?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)