|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story does Mr. Bryant agree to purchase from Charlie that Charlie stole directly from Burr's memoirs?
(a) That of James Wilkinson.
(b) That of Burr's treason.
(c) That of Elma Sands.
(d) That of Burr's time in Europe.
2. How much money does Charlie tell Mr. Bryant that he has been offered for the pamphlet on Burr?
(c) No money.
3. Why does Helen return to Mrs. Townsend's?
(a) Charlie tells her to make some money.
(b) Charlie kicks her out.
(c) Charlie cannot afford to support her.
(d) She leaves Charlie.
4. Why does Burr surrender to the governor of the Mississippi Territory on January 17, 1807?
(a) To protect himself from Wilkinson.
(b) So that he can see Jefferson.
(c) Because he is about to starve to death.
(d) Because he feels he is guilty.
5. What is Anthony Merry's position?
(a) Brigadier General.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) British Minister to the U.S.
(d) Prime Minister.
6. Who is plotting to liberate Texas from Mexico, according to Sam Swartwout?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Madame Jumel.
(d) Sam Houston.
7. What is the name of the professor of phrenology who visits Charlie and Helen?
(a) Richard Robinson.
(b) Reginald Gower.
(c) Sam Swartwout.
(d) George Fuller.
8. Where is Charlie's consulship located in 1840?
9. What flaw in the Constitution does Burr find important but refuse to tell Jefferson?
(a) That the power given to the President is too great.
(b) hat the power of the Judiciary system is not strong enough.
(c) That the states are controlled to tightly.
(d) That the states have the right to nullify federal law or secede.
10. What holiday is being celebrated when Swartwout comes to visit Charlie on his consulship?
(a) The Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
(b) The Feast of the Ascension of Our Lord.
(c) The Feast of Corpus Christi.
(d) The Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
11. After Burr is cleared of charges in his first treason trial of 1807, where does Burr go into hiding?
(a) The swamps in Florida.
(b) A small village in Mexico.
(c) The forests of Mississippi.
(d) A villa in Europe.
12. Willing to abandon all thoughts of Mexico, for what does Burr ask Jefferson?
(a) A trip to Europe.
(b) An appointment in his administration.
(c) He is unwilling to abandon thoughts of Mexico.
(d) An army.
13. Where is Charlie when he is arrested for murder?
(a) At Burr's Office.
(b) At Helen's.
(c) Visiting with Leggett.
(d) In bed.
14. In June of 1808, what disguise does Burr adopt?
(a) That of R. J. Hastings.
(b) That of Alexander Hamilton.
(c) That of Sam Swartwout.
(d) That of H. E. Edwards.
15. What arrives an hour after Aaron Burr dies?
(a) His medicine.
(b) Van Buren.
(c) His carriage.
(d) His divorce decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is phrenology?
2. What is the name of the Supreme Court Justice put on trial for believing that there are limitations on legislative powers?
3. What is the verdict against the actual murderer in the case where Charlie was originally accused?
4. How does the case against Burr for the misdemeanor of invading Mexico turn out?
5. When does Burr realize that Jefferson is determined to boot him out of political life?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)