|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the deciding vote fall to in the 1800 election?
2. From what do John Seargeant and Dr. Hutchison die?
(a) The plague.
(b) The yellow fevor.
3. In the election of 1800, how many votes do Jefferson and Burr both receive?
4. When does Burr's wife, Eliza, file for divorce?
5. Where does Mrs. Burr ask Charlie to meet after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him?
(a) The Chapel.
(b) The Alley.
(c) Burr's Office.
(d) The City Hotel.
6. Who is able to get Burr's partners to leave when they come looking for money for the Texas land scheme?
(a) George Washington.
(d) Mrs. Burr.
7. Who was accused of Elma Sands' murder?
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) Levi Weeks.
8. What are the Tory-Federalists also known as?
9. From what type of background does Hamilton come?
(a) Rich and powerful.
(b) Middle class.
(d) Poor and illegitimate.
10. Instead of voting based on whether a law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican, how does Burr decide how to vote?
(a) He does vote according to whether the law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican.
(b) Based on Jefferson's opinion.
(c) Based on his conscience.
(d) Based on Hamilton's opinion.
11. How does Jefferson speak during his inaugural speech?
12. For what reason does Burr leave the military?
(a) Health reasons.
(b) Washington asks him to leave.
(c) He is arrested for bribery.
(d) To take care of his children.
13. How old is Burr when he marries Madame Jumel?
14. Which of the following does the Alien and Sedition act NOT provide?
(a) A prohibition against publishing negative press against the government.
(b) The ability to arrest foreigners during a time of war and deport them.
(c) Additional requirements to run for President of the United States.
(d) An increase in the number of years to become an American citizen.
15. What happened to the judge who presided over Elma Sands' murder trial?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He vanished.
(c) He was dismissed of duties.
(d) He was found strangled in his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Helen begins living with him, what complaint does Charlie tell Leggett about Helen?
2. What is Burr's opinion about Henry Clay?
3. For whom does Helen's mother work?
4. What does Burr tell Charlie to tell Mrs. Burr when she arrives?
5. What is Madame Jumel's connection to Napoleon?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)