|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl with whom Charlie falls in love at Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
(a) Eliza Jumel.
(b) Helen Jewett.
(c) Theodosia Provost.
(d) Rosanna Townsend.
2. Who challenges Burr on his position of support of the French people in their revolution?
3. What happened to the judge who presided over Elma Sands' murder trial?
(a) He was found strangled in his bed.
(b) He was dismissed of duties.
(c) He vanished.
(d) He was promoted.
4. When did Burr write most of his notes regarding the Revolutionary War?
(a) When he traveled to Europe and lived with a prostitute.
(b) When he was hunched down in trenches during the war.
(c) When he was lost at sea with his daughter.
(d) When he was alone between marriages.
5. What is Burr's lasting malady from his stroke?
(a) His entire body twitches.
(b) His leg is paralyzed.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He has no lasting maladies.
6. What does the journal that Charlie finds in Burr's trunk describe?
(a) His dislike of the government.
(b) His day-to-day life with his children.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) His encounters with a prostitute.
7. Which of the following is evidence that Burr's proposal to Madame Jumel was not spontaneous?
(a) Madame Jumel's children reveal Burr's plan.
(b) Madame Jumel has postponed her trip abroad.
(c) Burr is already living with Madame Jumel.
(d) Madame Jumel's cook is fixing a wedding feast.
8. What does Jefferson believe should be done with slaves?
(a) He believes they should be returned to Africa or the Indies.
(b) He feels that they should be kept in underground houses.
(c) He feels that they should be sent to Australia.
(d) He feels that they should be beaten.
9. Who was accused of Elma Sands' murder?
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(d) Levi Weeks.
10. What is the outcome of the battle at White Plains?
(a) The French are defeated.
(b) The British are defeated.
(c) Washington is defeated.
(d) The Canadians are defeated.
11. When does Burr's wife, Eliza, file for divorce?
12. Where does Mrs. Burr ask Charlie to meet after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him?
(a) The Alley.
(b) The City Hotel.
(c) The Chapel.
(d) Burr's Office.
13. From what do John Seargeant and Dr. Hutchison die?
(a) The plague.
(c) The yellow fevor.
14. Who else is attacked with Burr by French sailors?
15. What is Madame Jumel's connection to Napoleon?
(a) Napoleon once sold her a ship.
(b) Napoleon could have used her ship to escape.
(c) Napoleon is her cousin.
(d) Napoleon and she were lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose administration passes the Alien and Sedition Acts?
2. In the year that John Adams becomes President, how many votes does Burr receive for the Presidency?
3. In Burr's divorce from Eliza, whom does Eliza hire as her attorney?
4. What is Burr's opinion about Henry Clay?
5. How does Burr persuade Jefferson to get him the Virginia votes in the Presidential election?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)