|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the journal that Charlie finds in Burr's trunk describe?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) His day-to-day life with his children.
(c) His encounters with a prostitute.
(d) His dislike of the government.
2. How does Charlie justify his trip to Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
(a) He doesn't justify it other than to say he wants to go to a brothel.
(b) He is related to Mrs. Rosanna Townsend.
(c) He convinces himself it is for research purposes.
(d) He goes to visit a woman who he has been in love with for a while.
3. What does Jefferson believe should be done with slaves?
(a) He feels that they should be kept in underground houses.
(b) He feels that they should be sent to Australia.
(c) He feels that they should be beaten.
(d) He believes they should be returned to Africa or the Indies.
4. Who did Burr fight and kill in a duel?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) George Washington.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. Who was accused of Elma Sands' murder?
(a) Levi Weeks.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
6. According to Burr's observations, how does Jefferson treat his horses?
(d) Better than the slaves.
7. Instead of voting based on whether a law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican, how does Burr decide how to vote?
(a) Based on his conscience.
(b) Based on Hamilton's opinion.
(c) He does vote according to whether the law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican.
(d) Based on Jefferson's opinion.
8. When Mrs. James Reynolds blackmails Alexander Hamilton, how does he respond?
(a) He pays with the U.S. Treasury money.
(b) He pays with a loan from his son.
(c) He does not pay her.
(d) He pays with a loan from his father.
9. Which of the following is evidence that Burr's proposal to Madame Jumel was not spontaneous?
(a) Burr is already living with Madame Jumel.
(b) Madame Jumel has postponed her trip abroad.
(c) Madame Jumel's children reveal Burr's plan.
(d) Madame Jumel's cook is fixing a wedding feast.
10. In the year that John Adams becomes President, how many votes does Burr receive for the Presidency?
11. Who is Sam Swartwout?
(a) The collecter of the port of New York.
(b) The assistant to the president.
(c) A senator.
(d) The manager of the bar.
12. Who does the deciding vote fall to in the 1800 election?
13. Where does Burr go to study and copy documents from 5 to 10 in the morning?
(a) Richmond House.
(b) The White House.
(c) The State Department.
(d) The Library of Congress.
14. From where do terms such as "citizen" and "citizeness" embraced by early Americans come?
(d) Native Americans.
15. What does General Washington wish to be called when he is elected president?
(a) His Mightiness.
(b) The President.
(c) His Excellency.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl with whom Charlie falls in love at Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
2. Which of the following individuals is not a part of Publius?
3. Why does Burr find it surprising that George Washington, a Virginian, is put in charge of the Continental Army?
4. Who is the Whig candidate in the 1884 election for mayor?
5. How does Jefferson speak during his inaugural speech?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)