|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1836, Chapter Five - Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within 6 months of taking office, with which powerful family in New York does Jefferson renew his alliance?
(a) The Clintons.
(b) The Hamiltons.
(c) The Monroes.
(d) The Madisons.
2. Who serves as Burr's defense council in his treason trial where Jefferson plays prosecutor?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) John Marshall.
(c) Luther Martin.
(d) James Wilkinson.
3. For whom does Helen's mother work?
(a) A dressmaker.
(b) A politician.
(c) A cook.
(d) A brothel.
4. Where does Jefferson claim that Burr's treasonous act occurred in December of 1806?
(b) The Louisiana Territory.
(c) Staten Island.
(d) Blennerhasset's Island.
5. For what reason does Burr leave the military?
(a) He is arrested for bribery.
(b) Washington asks him to leave.
(c) To take care of his children.
(d) Health reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Townsend tell Charlie about Helen's feelings towards him?
2. Who was accused of Elma Sands' murder?
3. Why does Jefferson have trouble obtaining witnesses in Burr's treason trial?
4. How does the case against Burr for the misdemeanor of invading Mexico turn out?
5. How does Mr. Bryant feel about Burr?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)