|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1834, Chapter Nineteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose administration passes the Alien and Sedition Acts?
2. In the French Revolution, who does Washington declare his support for?
(d) He declares that the U.S. is neutral.
3. How does Jefferson act when Burr first asks him to secure the Virginia votes for Burr?
(a) He objects.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He says he has already obtained the votes.
(d) He lies and says he will.
4. Who is able to get Burr's partners to leave when they come looking for money for the Texas land scheme?
(a) Mrs. Burr.
(c) George Washington.
5. Why does Burr find it surprising that George Washington, a Virginian, is put in charge of the Continental Army?
(a) Because the army is comprised of New Englanders.
(b) Because the army is based in Boston.
(c) Because Washington is uneducated.
(d) Because Virginia is known for scholars, not fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlie asks if his story about Burr being Van Buren's father will be printed in The Evening Post, how does Leggett respond?
2. What characteristic do the "bright" slaves that Burr describes have?
3. When Mrs. Burr meets with Charlie after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr claim her husband has sold?
4. After Burr's wife, Theodosia, dies, where does Burr live?
5. With what paper is Jefferson temporarily affiliated?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)