|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1834, Chapter Four - Five | 1834, Chapter Six - Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Burr ask Charlie to meet after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him?
(a) Burr's Office.
(b) The Chapel.
(c) The City Hotel.
(d) The Alley.
2. What are Burr and Charlie discussing in his office when Mrs. Burr arrives by carriage?
(a) Burr's memoirs.
(b) Burr's miserable marriage.
(c) Burr's financial trouble.
(d) Burr's bid for the presidency.
3. What happened to the judge who presided over Elma Sands' murder trial?
(a) He was dismissed of duties.
(b) He vanished.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was found strangled in his bed.
4. Which of the following is evidence that Burr's proposal to Madame Jumel was not spontaneous?
(a) Madame Jumel's children reveal Burr's plan.
(b) Madame Jumel has postponed her trip abroad.
(c) Madame Jumel's cook is fixing a wedding feast.
(d) Burr is already living with Madame Jumel.
5. When did Burr write most of his notes regarding the Revolutionary War?
(a) When he was hunched down in trenches during the war.
(b) When he was alone between marriages.
(c) When he was lost at sea with his daughter.
(d) When he traveled to Europe and lived with a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is able to get Burr's partners to leave when they come looking for money for the Texas land scheme?
2. Where is the wedding of Burr and Madame Jumel held?
3. How does Charlie justify his trip to Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
4. How old is Burr when he marries Madame Jumel?
5. What does Burr tell Charlie to tell Mrs. Burr when she arrives?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)