|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1834, Chapter Four - Five | 1834, Chapter Six - Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Burr punish the men who tried to shoot him?
(a) He requires them to go into a dangerous mission.
(b) He cuts off one of their arms.
(c) He kicks them all out of the military.
(d) He executes one of them.
2. What are Burr and Charlie discussing in his office when Mrs. Burr arrives by carriage?
(a) Burr's miserable marriage.
(b) Burr's memoirs.
(c) Burr's bid for the presidency.
(d) Burr's financial trouble.
3. What is Madame Jumel's connection to Napoleon?
(a) Napoleon and she were lovers.
(b) Napoleon once sold her a ship.
(c) Napoleon could have used her ship to escape.
(d) Napoleon is her cousin.
4. How does Charlie justify his trip to Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
(a) He goes to visit a woman who he has been in love with for a while.
(b) He convinces himself it is for research purposes.
(c) He doesn't justify it other than to say he wants to go to a brothel.
(d) He is related to Mrs. Rosanna Townsend.
5. Who did Burr fight and kill in a duel?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Burr credit his success in his duel against Hamilton?
2. What has Richmond House been converted into since it is no longer a residence?
3. Who is able to get Burr's partners to leave when they come looking for money for the Texas land scheme?
4. What does Burr identify, at age 19, as George Washington's only good quality?
5. What is the outcome of the battle at White Plains?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)