|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1833, Chapter Twelve | 1834, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Burr meets with Charlie after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr claim her husband has sold?
(a) Her second carriage and horses for half of what they are worth.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her tea set and collection of china.
(d) Her grandmother's wedding band.
2. Who is Sam Swartwout?
(a) A senator.
(b) The manager of the bar.
(c) The assistant to the president.
(d) The collecter of the port of New York.
3. Which of the following is evidence that Burr's proposal to Madame Jumel was not spontaneous?
(a) Madame Jumel's children reveal Burr's plan.
(b) Madame Jumel's cook is fixing a wedding feast.
(c) Madame Jumel has postponed her trip abroad.
(d) Burr is already living with Madame Jumel.
4. What does Burr identify, at age 19, as George Washington's only good quality?
(a) He is young and muscular.
(b) He has the demeanor of a general.
(c) He comes from a well-off family.
(d) He is an experienced leader.
5. According to Burr, how many children did he have with his first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Burr when he marries Madame Jumel?
2. While living with General Israel Putnam, what is the name of the person that Burr identifies as a spy?
3. How does Burr punish the men who tried to shoot him?
4. To what does Burr credit his success in his duel against Hamilton?
5. How does Charlie justify his trip to Mrs. Rosanna Townsend's brothel?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)