|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1833, Chapter Twelve | 1834, Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While living with General Israel Putnam, what is the name of the person that Burr identifies as a spy?
(a) Jamie Wilkinson.
(b) Margaret Moncrieffe.
(c) Nelson Chase.
(d) Eliza Jumel.
2. How does Mr. Bryant feel about Burr?
(a) He is his best friend.
(b) He likes him.
(c) He despises him.
(d) He is unsure of him.
3. How much of Charlie's story about Burr's wedding is published in The Evening Post?
(a) One line.
(b) A short paragraph.
(c) A front page expose.
(d) The full story.
4. Why does Burr find it surprising that George Washington, a Virginian, is put in charge of the Continental Army?
(a) Because Washington is uneducated.
(b) Because the army is based in Boston.
(c) Because the army is comprised of New Englanders.
(d) Because Virginia is known for scholars, not fighters.
5. What is Madame Jumel's connection to Napoleon?
(a) Napoleon is her cousin.
(b) Napoleon could have used her ship to escape.
(c) Napoleon once sold her a ship.
(d) Napoleon and she were lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Burr meets with Charlie after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr claim her husband has sold?
2. Who is able to get Burr's partners to leave when they come looking for money for the Texas land scheme?
3. When did Burr write most of his notes regarding the Revolutionary War?
4. What is the outcome of the battle at White Plains?
5. Where is the wedding of Burr and Madame Jumel held?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)