|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1835, Chapter Six - Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1805, with whom does Jefferson consider going to war to acquire the Floridas?
2. When Mrs. Burr meets with Charlie after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr claim her husband has sold?
(a) Her business.
(b) Her grandmother's wedding band.
(c) Her second carriage and horses for half of what they are worth.
(d) Her tea set and collection of china.
3. Within 6 months of taking office, with which powerful family in New York does Jefferson renew his alliance?
(a) The Hamiltons.
(b) The Madisons.
(c) The Monroes.
(d) The Clintons.
4. According to Burr, what did the Whigs want in the Revolutionary War?
(a) American Independence.
(b) Subdivided Rule between Britian and the U.S.
(c) French Rule.
(d) British Rule.
5. From what type of background does Hamilton come?
(a) Poor and illegitimate.
(b) Middle class.
(c) Rich and powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Tory-Federalists also known as?
2. Why did Burr and Hamilton whisper during the duel?
3. Before Burr has committed treason, what does Jefferson tell the western governors to do?
4. Willing to abandon all thoughts of Mexico, for what does Burr ask Jefferson?
5. According to the Constitution, how many individuals must bear witness to the traitor for someone to be convicted of treason?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)