|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1835, Chapter Six - Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as Burr's defense council in his treason trial where Jefferson plays prosecutor?
(a) James Wilkinson.
(b) Luther Martin.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) John Marshall.
2. Who is Sam Swartwout?
(a) The collecter of the port of New York.
(b) The manager of the bar.
(c) A senator.
(d) The assistant to the president.
3. When Mrs. Burr meets with Charlie after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr claim her husband has sold?
(a) Her second carriage and horses for half of what they are worth.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her tea set and collection of china.
(d) Her grandmother's wedding band.
4. Where does Jefferson claim that Burr's treasonous act occurred in December of 1806?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) Blennerhasset's Island.
(d) The Louisiana Territory.
5. When did Burr write most of his notes regarding the Revolutionary War?
(a) When he was alone between marriages.
(b) When he was hunched down in trenches during the war.
(c) When he was lost at sea with his daughter.
(d) When he traveled to Europe and lived with a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Burr leave the military?
2. Who wins the 1884 election for mayor?
3. What does Burr tell Charlie that he wanted from Britain?
4. What is the name of the Supreme Court Justice put on trial for believing that there are limitations on legislative powers?
5. With whom do Burr, Wilkinson, Smith, Dayton, and Jackson believe that they should go to war to liberate Louisiana and Mexico?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)