|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1834, Chapter Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Burr meets with Charlie after Burr's partners in the Texas land scheme come looking for him, what does Mrs. Burr claim her husband has sold?
(a) Her second carriage and horses for half of what they are worth.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her tea set and collection of china.
(d) Her grandmother's wedding band.
2. How does Burr initially feel about becoming a political leader?
(a) He is reluctant.
(b) He feels obligated.
(c) He feels angry.
(d) He embraces it.
3. From what type of background does Hamilton come?
(b) Rich and powerful.
(c) Poor and illegitimate.
(d) Middle class.
4. With what paper is Jefferson temporarily affiliated?
(a) The National Gazzette.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Evening Post.
(d) The Old Patroon.
5. According to Burr, what did the Whigs want in the Revolutionary War?
(a) British Rule.
(b) Subdivided Rule between Britian and the U.S.
(c) French Rule.
(d) American Independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Helen's mother work?
2. What does John Adams tell Burr about Jefferson's motivations?
3. Who is the Whig candidate in the 1884 election for mayor?
4. What is Burr's opinion about Henry Clay?
5. What is the outcome of the battle at White Plains?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)