|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1834, Chapter Twenty-eight - Thirty-one.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fires first in the duel between Hamilton and Burr?
(c) They fired at the same time.
(d) An unknown gunman.
2. Why did Burr and Hamilton whisper during the duel?
(a) Dueling was illegal.
(b) Whispering is traditional.
(c) They were listening for backup.
(d) They were trying to hide from each other.
3. From where do terms such as "citizen" and "citizeness" embraced by early Americans come?
(a) Native Americans.
4. Who is Reginald Gower?
(a) The man who buys Mrs. Townsend's brothel.
(b) The long lost son of Aaron Burr.
(c) The publisher who offers Charlie $1000 for a spurious pamphlet on Burr.
(d) The boy who Charlie and Helen see involved with another man.
5. Which country do the Republicans support in the French Revolution?
(d) They maintain neutrality.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Helen's mother work?
2. In which city does Burr keep a mistress, according to Mrs. Burr?
3. In the French Revolution, who does Washington declare his support for?
4. Who else is attacked with Burr by French sailors?
5. What does the journal that Charlie finds in Burr's trunk describe?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)