|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1835, Chapter Three - Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Burr believe he will make a successful bid for (even though he is Vice President)?
(b) Chief Justice.
(c) Governor of New York.
(d) Port Collector for New York.
2. Which of the following lies do Charlie and Leggett create to publish in a pamphlet against Van Buren?
(a) A story that Burr has stolen money from the government.
(b) An act of treason.
(c) An affair with an Indian lover.
(d) A scandal in which Burr is Van Buren's father.
3. Within 6 months of taking office, with which powerful family in New York does Jefferson renew his alliance?
(a) The Monroes.
(b) The Clintons.
(c) The Hamiltons.
(d) The Madisons.
4. How does Helen convince Mrs. Townsend to let her live with Charlie?
(a) She says she is getting married.
(b) She says she is in love.
(c) She says she is pregnant.
(d) She says she is tired of being a prostitute.
5. What does Mr. Bryant offer to do to keep Charlie from publishing the pamphlet?
(a) Help Charlie get a government position.
(b) Help Charlie get an editorship.
(c) Help Charlie raise money.
(d) Help Charlie get published somewhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Burr go to study and copy documents from 5 to 10 in the morning?
2. Why is Mr. Bryant acting as standing editor for Leggett?
3. Instead of voting based on whether a law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican, how does Burr decide how to vote?
4. What does Publius support?
5. Who challenges Burr on his position of support of the French people in their revolution?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)