|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1835, Chapter Three - Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Bryant offer to do to keep Charlie from publishing the pamphlet?
(a) Help Charlie get published somewhere else.
(b) Help Charlie raise money.
(c) Help Charlie get an editorship.
(d) Help Charlie get a government position.
2. Which of the following individuals is not a part of Publius?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Madison.
3. Which of the following lies do Charlie and Leggett create to publish in a pamphlet against Van Buren?
(a) A story that Burr has stolen money from the government.
(b) An act of treason.
(c) An affair with an Indian lover.
(d) A scandal in which Burr is Van Buren's father.
4. Instead of voting based on whether a law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican, how does Burr decide how to vote?
(a) He does vote according to whether the law is pro-Federalist or pro-Republican.
(b) Based on Hamilton's opinion.
(c) Based on his conscience.
(d) Based on Jefferson's opinion.
5. Who challenges Burr on his position of support of the French people in their revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Helen begins living with him, what complaint does Charlie tell Leggett about Helen?
2. Where does Burr go to study and copy documents from 5 to 10 in the morning?
3. Which story does Mr. Bryant agree to purchase from Charlie that Charlie stole directly from Burr's memoirs?
4. Within 6 months of taking office, with which powerful family in New York does Jefferson renew his alliance?
5. What does Leggett tell Charlie he will receive if he doesn't publish the pamphlet?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)