1833, Chapter One | 1833, Chapter Two
1. How old is Burr when he marries Madame Jumel?
2. Who was Burr's first wife?
(a) Theodosia Provost.
(b) Alexandria Schulyer.
(c) Eliza Jumel
(d) Charlie Vidal.
3. Who did Burr fight and kill in a duel?
(a) John Adams.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
4. Where is the wedding of Burr and Madame Jumel held?
(a) At the lakeside.
(b) At Madame Jumel's mansion.
(c) At the country church.
(d) At Burr's modest home.
5. Which of the following is evidence that Burr's proposal to Madame Jumel was not spontaneous?
(a) Burr is already living with Madame Jumel.
(b) Madame Jumel's cook is fixing a wedding feast.
(c) Madame Jumel has postponed her trip abroad.
(d) Madame Jumel's children reveal Burr's plan.
6. What is Madame Jumel's connection to Napoleon?
(a) Napoleon is her cousin.
(b) Napoleon and she were lovers.
(c) Napoleon once sold her a ship.
(d) Napoleon could have used her ship to escape.
This section contains 4,958 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)