Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She crossed the room without turning on the lights and _________ speaks form the shadows.
2. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
3. Anna wonders aloud whether she should _______for Pale.
4. After chiding Pale about what he is wearing, Larry offers to make him tea. Pale decides he wants ___________.
5. When Pale comes back into the room he is wearing_______.
Essay Topic 1
The reference to "The Flying Dutchman" is a curious one, as it seems to reference a feeling of love and loss - as everyone is feeling now.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry decided to tell Burton the story of the Flying Dutchman?
Part 2: How do you think the story of the Flying Dutchman relates to the characters in the story?
Part 3: How do myths like these affect the way we see our own lives?
Essay Topic 2
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Pale seem to have a sexual relationship in this story, even though they don't seem to have much in common or even want to date each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna and Pale cling to each other in this story?
Part 2: Do you think it's realistic for Pale to be attracted to Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for Anna to be attracted to Pale? Why or why not?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)