|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ hired Anna to choreograph a piece for the company.
2. Anna tells Larry that she had made up her mind that if Burton ________ one more time she would accept.
3. Burton considers the idea of moving in with her and even talks about ________.
4. What is the name of the dance on which Anna has been working?
5. Burton has finished his script. He and Larry are having a drink and Larry asks Burton_____.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
Essay Topic 2
Anna points out that Burton's play is quite sad, but he thought the characters were having fun.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton and Anna have two different interpretations of the same text?
Part 2: Who is likely the person who is getting the meaning of the play right? Why?
Part 3: Do you think that Burton is upset with the fact that Anna doesn't have the same reaction to his play as he expected? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pale seems to be a person who can not stay on one topic for a very long time as he first talks to Anna.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna continues to talk to Pale, even though he is scattered?
Part 2: Why do you think Pale continues to change the subject while talking with Anna?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale and Anna are a realistic couple? Why or why not?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)