|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the opening night of the show, Burton asks if Anna is home. Larry says no and that __________.
2. Pale offers Anna tea and breakfast. She tells him not to think they are starting a relationship because ________.
3. Burton thinks that the characters in his script are having fun. However Anna thinks that deep down they are _________.
4. When Anna tells Larry where the flutes came from he declares_________.
5. Larry attempts to describe the dance to Burton, and tells hims that it involves a man, __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
Essay Topic 2
The experience of the wake is not a happy one for Anna, as she just wants to leave as she is so uncomfortable with Robbie's family.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna couldn't quite play along with the idea that Robbie was really her boyfriend?
Part 2: Do you think that Anna should have tried to make the best of the wake rather than trying to leave it? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that wakes help families after a death? Why or why not? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)