|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton begins talking about ________and how he is trying to protect himself from feelings about Anna.
2. Anna tells Pale that what happened between them should not have happened. Pale asks her______.
3. What does Pale get from Anna's room before he leaves?
4. After vomiting in the bathroom, Pale walks out of the bathroom holding ________.
5. Burton leaves a message for Anna, explaining that he had probably done too much ________ the night before and then the message cuts off.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The reference to "The Flying Dutchman" is a curious one, as it seems to reference a feeling of love and loss - as everyone is feeling now.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry decided to tell Burton the story of the Flying Dutchman?
Part 2: How do you think the story of the Flying Dutchman relates to the characters in the story?
Part 3: How do myths like these affect the way we see our own lives?
Essay Topic 2
Pale doesn't come to get his brother's things for over a month after Robbie's death.
Part 1: Why do you think that Pale waits so long to get his brother's things?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna decides to hold onto the things of Robbie, even though no one came to pick them up at first?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale has the right to pick up Robbie's things? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna points out that she is angry for not being able to have a proper goodbye with Robbie as she is talking to Larry.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is angry about not getting a proper goodbye from Robbie?
Part 2: What do you think the importance of that final goodbye is for Anna?
Part 3: How do you think Anna could have had a proper goodbye with Robbie while at the wake?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)