|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She crossed the room without turning on the lights and _________ speaks form the shadows.
2. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
3. Anna wonders aloud whether she should _______for Pale.
4. After chiding Pale about what he is wearing, Larry offers to make him tea. Pale decides he wants ___________.
5. When Pale comes back into the room he is wearing_______.
Essay Topic 1
Anna and Pale seem to have a sexual relationship in this story, even though they don't seem to have much in common or even want to date each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna and Pale cling to each other in this story?
Part 2: Do you think it's realistic for Pale to be attracted to Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for Anna to be attracted to Pale? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Larry points out that he was not invited to the wake when Pale makes a comment about Larry being a replacement for Robbie.
Part 1: Do you think anyone should be able to go to a wake? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry was not invited to the wake of Robbie?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale already knew who Larry was and was just trying to mock him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The experience of the wake is not a happy one for Anna, as she just wants to leave as she is so uncomfortable with Robbie's family.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna couldn't quite play along with the idea that Robbie was really her boyfriend?
Part 2: Do you think that Anna should have tried to make the best of the wake rather than trying to leave it? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that wakes help families after a death? Why or why not? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,723 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)