|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pale tries repeatedly to convince Anna that their relationship could work, Anna tells Pale ________.
2. There is a commotion at the door and when Larry goes to see who it is;_________ falls in drunk.
3. Anna calls Pale ________. When Burton attempts to call him the same thing, Pale insists that he be called Pale.
4. Anna reads Burton's script and says that she likes it, but it is ________.
5. Pale believes that the mob (mafia) was involved in killing Robbie and __________ and that their deaths were not accidents.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton is generally a science fiction writer but has recently turned to a love story as the focus of his next screenplay.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton decided to write a love story as opposed to his normal writing?
Part 2: Why do you think Burton is embarrassed about his new writing?
Part 3: Do you think writers should try to have just one genre in which to focus their writing or should the be more varied in the things they write?
Essay Topic 2
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
Essay Topic 3
Pale seems to be a person who can not stay on one topic for a very long time as he first talks to Anna.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna continues to talk to Pale, even though he is scattered?
Part 2: Why do you think Pale continues to change the subject while talking with Anna?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale and Anna are a realistic couple? Why or why not?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)