|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton argues with Anna until Pale suggests that perhaps she is ________.
2. When Pale comes back into the room he is wearing_______.
3. Burton leaves a message for Anna, explaining that he had probably done too much ________ the night before and then the message cuts off.
4. Anna explains to Pale that he can't show up at her place drunk. He lunges at Burton who throws Pale _______.
5. Pale offers Anna tea and breakfast. She tells him not to think they are starting a relationship because ________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
Essay Topic 2
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
Essay Topic 3
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)