|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton considers the idea of moving in with her and even talks about ________.
2. Pale says he has vacation time coming up and they should go somewhere but Anna says ________.
3. As she leaves Larry asks where she is going and she replies that she is heading to __________.
4. After hearing this, Pale becomes angry and accuses her of being a different person________.
5. Who does Larry kiss and wish Happy New Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pale doesn't come to get his brother's things for over a month after Robbie's death.
Part 1: Why do you think that Pale waits so long to get his brother's things?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna decides to hold onto the things of Robbie, even though no one came to pick them up at first?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale has the right to pick up Robbie's things? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The reference to "The Flying Dutchman" is a curious one, as it seems to reference a feeling of love and loss - as everyone is feeling now.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry decided to tell Burton the story of the Flying Dutchman?
Part 2: How do you think the story of the Flying Dutchman relates to the characters in the story?
Part 3: How do myths like these affect the way we see our own lives?
Essay Topic 3
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)