|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Anna tells Burton that she thinks the characters are exciting, after her critique he feels that the characters are ___________.
2. Anna tells Larry that she had made up her mind that if Burton ________ one more time she would accept.
3. What does Pale get from Anna's room before he leaves?
4. After the two are separated, Anna attempts to send ________ away.
5. When it appears that the two of them are escalating and a fight is about to occur, _______ jumps between them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
Essay Topic 2
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is also upset about the idea that Robbie's family never saw him dance, which was his one true passion.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie never shared with his family his dancing?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide some of your talents from your family? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family deserved to see him dance? Why or why not?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)