Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She crossed the room without turning on the lights and _________ speaks form the shadows.
2. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
3. Anna wonders aloud whether she should _______for Pale.
4. After chiding Pale about what he is wearing, Larry offers to make him tea. Pale decides he wants ___________.
5. When Pale comes back into the room he is wearing_______.
Essay Topic 1
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
Essay Topic 2
The reference to "The Flying Dutchman" is a curious one, as it seems to reference a feeling of love and loss - as everyone is feeling now.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry decided to tell Burton the story of the Flying Dutchman?
Part 2: How do you think the story of the Flying Dutchman relates to the characters in the story?
Part 3: How do myths like these affect the way we see our own lives?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the pain that Anna feels is due to the fact that Robbie's family didn't know anything about his sexuality.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie's family didn't know about his sexuality?
Part 2: Why do you think this revelation affects Anna in the way that it does?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family actually knew the truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)