|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry tells Burton that the poet was trying to _______.
2. Anna explains to Pale that he can't show up at her place drunk. He lunges at Burton who throws Pale _______.
3. Pale's wife and kids are in __________because she could not handle Pale's lifestyle.
4. Anna tells Larry that she had made up her mind that if Burton ________ one more time she would accept.
5. Who does Larry kiss and wish Happy New Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton admits easily that as long as he continues to be paid for his work, he doesn't care what Hollywood does with his scripts.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton is focused more on money than on art?
Part 2: Do you think it's a bad thing to enjoy getting paid for your art? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you have more or less respect for Burton after he says he just likes to get paid? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Larry walks in on New Year's Eve in a funk, saying that there are more suicides at a gay New Year's Eve party than all of Scandinavia.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry is in such a foul mood when he comes back to the loft?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry is smoking again, though he wasn't before?
Part 3: Do you think Larry is a person who will find his happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pale doesn't come to get his brother's things for over a month after Robbie's death.
Part 1: Why do you think that Pale waits so long to get his brother's things?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna decides to hold onto the things of Robbie, even though no one came to pick them up at first?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale has the right to pick up Robbie's things? Why or why not?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)