Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She crossed the room without turning on the lights and _________ speaks form the shadows.
2. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
3. Anna wonders aloud whether she should _______for Pale.
4. After chiding Pale about what he is wearing, Larry offers to make him tea. Pale decides he wants ___________.
5. When Pale comes back into the room he is wearing_______.
Essay Topic 1
Pale doesn't come to get his brother's things for over a month after Robbie's death.
Part 1: Why do you think that Pale waits so long to get his brother's things?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna decides to hold onto the things of Robbie, even though no one came to pick them up at first?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale has the right to pick up Robbie's things? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
Essay Topic 3
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)