|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton considers the idea of moving in with her and even talks about ________.
2. After Pale tries repeatedly to convince Anna that their relationship could work, Anna tells Pale ________.
3. After hearing this, Pale becomes angry and accuses her of being a different person________.
4. Burton asks Anna about her job. She responds that she__________.
5. The following morning, Larry is in the kitchen and Pale comes in out of Anna's room wearing_________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief. Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing? Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers? Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
Essay Topic 2Burton is generally a science fiction writer but has recently turned to a love story as the focus of his next screenplay. Part 1: Why do you think Burton decided to write a love story as opposed to his normal writing? Part 2: Why do you think Burton is embarrassed about his new writing? Part 3: Do you think writers should try to have just one genre in which to focus their writing or should the be more varied in the things they write?
Essay Topic 3Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc. Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so? Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic? Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)