|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The poet told him that _________was inspired by that sound and wrote a poem based on it.
2. Burton was approached by a man and since he wanted knowledge of such things for writing he _______.
3. Even though Anna tells Burton that she thinks the characters are exciting, after her critique he feels that the characters are ___________.
4. Pale and his father were drinking and somebody had seen Robbie on television with _________and said someone ought to off him.
5. Pale offers Anna tea and breakfast. She tells him not to think they are starting a relationship because ________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton admits easily that as long as he continues to be paid for his work, he doesn't care what Hollywood does with his scripts.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton is focused more on money than on art?
Part 2: Do you think it's a bad thing to enjoy getting paid for your art? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you have more or less respect for Burton after he says he just likes to get paid? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
This section contains 1,763 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)