Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry wearing when he next comes into the room, causing Pale to ask if he is doing a striptease?
2. What is the profession of Burton, a friend of Larry and Anna's during the play?
3. Robbie did not have much, as his focus was on ____________, Anna, and Dominic, according to Anna.
4. On this card, there can not be anything _____________ as not everyone celebrates Christmas in the same way.
5. Who is described as being well-built and sexy in his mid-thirties and is wearing a nice suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Larry give to Pale when Larry stopped by the bar earlier?
2. What does Anna have to say about her work when Burton asks her some questions about her life?
3. What does Larry remind Burton about the money that Burton receives for the scripts he writers?
4. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
5. What does Anna think they should do with Robbie's mail when Larry asks her what they should do with his mail?
6. What happened between the man and Burton that Burton encountered when he was walking home drunk at the age of 20?
7. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
8. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
9. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
10. Describe the characters of Burton and Anna when the second act of the play begins?
Essay Topic 1
Larry walks in on New Year's Eve in a funk, saying that there are more suicides at a gay New Year's Eve party than all of Scandinavia.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry is in such a foul mood when he comes back to the loft?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry is smoking again, though he wasn't before?
Part 3: Do you think Larry is a person who will find his happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna notes that she doesn't really notice her biological clock as she and Burton begin to talk about living together. Anna is insistent too about staying where she is.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna does not know what to think about her biological clock?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna just wants to stay in the loft where she already lives?
Part 3: Do you think that Anna wants to marry Burton? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)