|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry chides Burton about where there will be _____________ in his new work.
2. What did Pale threaten the other driver that he would do if the other driver didn't back off?
3. Pale comes in the door, ranting about how anyone can live in the ____________.
4. Larry asks Burton what he thinks of the treatment that Hollywood gives to his _____________.
5. Who is described as being well-built and sexy in his mid-thirties and is wearing a nice suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is on the message that Burton leaves for Anna on the answering machine before she picks it up?
2. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
3. What does Burton have to say when Anna makes a comment about getting too personal?
4. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
5. Why did Anna sign up for a dance class, as she admits to Larry when they are talking?
6. What does Anna have to say about her work when Burton asks her some questions about her life?
7. What is Anna's explanation as to why she hasn't responded to Larry all day?
8. What is the one new work assignment about which Anna seems to be most excited?
9. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
10. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry walks in on New Year's Eve in a funk, saying that there are more suicides at a gay New Year's Eve party than all of Scandinavia.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry is in such a foul mood when he comes back to the loft?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry is smoking again, though he wasn't before?
Part 3: Do you think Larry is a person who will find his happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna and Pale seem to have a sexual relationship in this story, even though they don't seem to have much in common or even want to date each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna and Pale cling to each other in this story?
Part 2: Do you think it's realistic for Pale to be attracted to Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for Anna to be attracted to Pale? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)