|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Robbie's lover as revealed at the start of this scene?
2. ______________ chides Anna by asking why she does not just go ahead and marry Burton for the money.
3. Burton remarks about how fickle the _____________ can be in Canada during this time of year.
4. Larry decides to tell Anna about the Christmas card he has to design for _____________.
5. Larry chides Burton about where there will be _____________ in his new work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one new work assignment about which Anna seems to be most excited?
2. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
3. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
4. What is the reasoning Anna gives for having spent a lot of money on the new flutes?
5. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
6. Why is Anna feeling stiff and out of sorts when she is in this scene after Burton leaves?
7. When Larry asks Burton about how he feels about the treatment of his movies by Hollywood, what does Burton reply?
8. What is on the message that Burton leaves for Anna on the answering machine before she picks it up?
9. What does Burton have to say in response to Pale's comment/question about whether she is sleeping with Burton, too?
10. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna notes that she doesn't really notice her biological clock as she and Burton begin to talk about living together. Anna is insistent too about staying where she is.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna does not know what to think about her biological clock?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna just wants to stay in the loft where she already lives?
Part 3: Do you think that Anna wants to marry Burton? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
Essay Topic 3
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)