|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pale is suddenly distracted by his __________, which are new so he takes them off as he has gotten hot in that area of his body.
2. Burton remarks about how fickle the _____________ can be in Canada during this time of year.
3. __________ equates Burton's work with the myth of the Flying Dutchman.
4. On this card, there can not be anything _____________ as not everyone celebrates Christmas in the same way.
5. Burton tells Larry that seeing ______________ in his account helps to soften the blow of Hollywood's actions.
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Pale, why does he hate messages and small pieces of paper?
2. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
3. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
4. What is Burton's profession, as revealed at the start of the play?
5. What does Burton say that he misses about women's clothing as he helps Anna with her dress?
6. When Larry asks Burton about how he feels about the treatment of his movies by Hollywood, what does Burton reply?
7. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
8. What does Anna have to say about her work when Burton asks her some questions about her life?
9. What does Pale want to drink the next morning when Larry offers him a tea?
10. What does Anna say when Burton asks her if she will ever move out of the loft and into his place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna is also upset about the idea that Robbie's family never saw him dance, which was his one true passion.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie never shared with his family his dancing?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide some of your talents from your family? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family deserved to see him dance? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Anna and Pale seem to have a sexual relationship in this story, even though they don't seem to have much in common or even want to date each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna and Pale cling to each other in this story?
Part 2: Do you think it's realistic for Pale to be attracted to Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for Anna to be attracted to Pale? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The experience of the wake is not a happy one for Anna, as she just wants to leave as she is so uncomfortable with Robbie's family.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna couldn't quite play along with the idea that Robbie was really her boyfriend?
Part 2: Do you think that Anna should have tried to make the best of the wake rather than trying to leave it? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that wakes help families after a death? Why or why not? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)