|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pale admits that he might have done some __________ earlier in the evening when Anna asks.
2. What does Larry quote when he walks into the room to see Pale talking with Anna in the loft apartment?
3. At what time did Anna finally get ready to leave the wake, but it's been two hours since the last bus left?
4. Burton remarks about how fickle the _____________ can be in Canada during this time of year.
5. What does Anna wrap herself in when she starts screaming about the butterflies coming to life?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Pale meets Larry, he says that he does not remember seeing Larry at the wake. What does Larry respond?
2. What did Larry give to Pale when Larry stopped by the bar earlier?
3. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
4. According to Pale, why does he hate messages and small pieces of paper?
5. Why did Anna sign up for a dance class, as she admits to Larry when they are talking?
6. What does Burton say that he misses about women's clothing as he helps Anna with her dress?
7. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
8. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
9. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
10. What does Anna reveal about Pale's ideas about what happened to Robbie and to Dominic?
Essay Topic 1
Part of the pain that Anna feels is due to the fact that Robbie's family didn't know anything about his sexuality.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie's family didn't know about his sexuality?
Part 2: Why do you think this revelation affects Anna in the way that it does?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family actually knew the truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Pale seems to be a person who can not stay on one topic for a very long time as he first talks to Anna.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna continues to talk to Pale, even though he is scattered?
Part 2: Why do you think Pale continues to change the subject while talking with Anna?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale and Anna are a realistic couple? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is also upset about the idea that Robbie's family never saw him dance, which was his one true passion.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie never shared with his family his dancing?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide some of your talents from your family? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family deserved to see him dance? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,106 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)