Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry wearing when he next comes into the room, causing Pale to ask if he is doing a striptease?
2. What is the profession of Burton, a friend of Larry and Anna's during the play?
3. Robbie did not have much, as his focus was on ____________, Anna, and Dominic, according to Anna.
4. On this card, there can not be anything _____________ as not everyone celebrates Christmas in the same way.
5. Who is described as being well-built and sexy in his mid-thirties and is wearing a nice suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Larry give to Pale when Larry stopped by the bar earlier?
2. What does Anna have to say about her work when Burton asks her some questions about her life?
3. What does Larry remind Burton about the money that Burton receives for the scripts he writers?
4. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
5. What does Anna think they should do with Robbie's mail when Larry asks her what they should do with his mail?
6. What happened between the man and Burton that Burton encountered when he was walking home drunk at the age of 20?
7. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
8. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
9. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
10. Describe the characters of Burton and Anna when the second act of the play begins?
Essay Topic 1
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
Essay Topic 2
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Burton is generally a science fiction writer but has recently turned to a love story as the focus of his next screenplay.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton decided to write a love story as opposed to his normal writing?
Part 2: Why do you think Burton is embarrassed about his new writing?
Part 3: Do you think writers should try to have just one genre in which to focus their writing or should the be more varied in the things they write?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)