|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pale compares Robbie to other guys by claiming that most guys are __________, but Robbie was light.
2. What did the boys put the butterflies in, knocking them out, but not killing them, leading to a terrifying event?
3. Robbie did not have much, as his focus was on ____________, Anna, and Dominic, according to Anna.
4. What is the name of Robbie's lover as revealed at the start of this scene?
5. Anna offers Pale coffee, though he would clearly prefer ___________ as a beverage.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
2. What were the main focuses of Robbie, according to Anna when she is talking with Larry?
3. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
4. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
5. According to Pale, why does he hate messages and small pieces of paper?
6. What happens to Anna when she is sleeping in the bedroom of the one of the nephews in Robbie's family?
7. What does Burton reveal about the play that he is writing, though he does not seem to think it is viable?
8. What does Larry reveal he has been doing that evening while Anna and Burton were at their social engagement?
9. What does Burton have to say in response to Pale's comment/question about whether she is sleeping with Burton, too?
10. What does Anna say when Burton asks her if she will ever move out of the loft and into his place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
Essay Topic 2
Larry points out that he was not invited to the wake when Pale makes a comment about Larry being a replacement for Robbie.
Part 1: Do you think anyone should be able to go to a wake? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry was not invited to the wake of Robbie?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale already knew who Larry was and was just trying to mock him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is also upset about the idea that Robbie's family never saw him dance, which was his one true passion.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie never shared with his family his dancing?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide some of your talents from your family? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family deserved to see him dance? Why or why not?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)