|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry said that the card that his bosses have in mind will only offend _____________, which he means to say in a sarcastic way.
2. Anna admits that she is ___________ that Robbie's family never really knew him and that he was killed.
3. What is the name of Robbie's lover as revealed at the start of this scene?
4. How long has it been since anyone has come for Robbie's things after the wake?
5. Pale separates himself from his brother Robbie by the differences in their __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is on the message that Burton leaves for Anna on the answering machine before she picks it up?
2. What is Burton's profession, as revealed at the start of the play?
3. What is the new script that Burton is working on, as revealed to Anna and Larry at the loft?
4. What does Burton reveal about the play that he is writing, though he does not seem to think it is viable?
5. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
6. Why is Anna feeling stiff and out of sorts when she is in this scene after Burton leaves?
7. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
8. What does Burton have to say when Anna makes a comment about getting too personal?
9. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
10. Who does Pale think is involved in the deaths of Robbie and of Dominic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
Essay Topic 2
Anna points out that she is angry for not being able to have a proper goodbye with Robbie as she is talking to Larry.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is angry about not getting a proper goodbye from Robbie?
Part 2: What do you think the importance of that final goodbye is for Anna?
Part 3: How do you think Anna could have had a proper goodbye with Robbie while at the wake?
Essay Topic 3
The experience of the wake is not a happy one for Anna, as she just wants to leave as she is so uncomfortable with Robbie's family.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna couldn't quite play along with the idea that Robbie was really her boyfriend?
Part 2: Do you think that Anna should have tried to make the best of the wake rather than trying to leave it? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that wakes help families after a death? Why or why not? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)