|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna taunts Pale that the vodka is not _____________, which he would know from his expertise in food and drink.
2. Anna decides it is far too early to go to _______________ and Larry agrees with her.
3. The ___________ who eulogized Robbie had not seen Robbie in six years, making it an awkward speech.
4. Anna is upset that she was not able to give Robbie a proper ____________ in the midst of his family and the secrets.
5. What has Anna signed up for since she wants to purge her body of all of the movements that she has been teaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
2. When Larry asks Burton about how he feels about the treatment of his movies by Hollywood, what does Burton reply?
3. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
4. What holiday is it when the second act of the play begins at 2:00AM?
5. What does Larry admit Anna has been working on when Burton asks Larry about her relationship with Pale?
6. What is on the message that Burton leaves for Anna on the answering machine before she picks it up?
7. Why are Pale's wife and kids in Coral Gables and not with him in his life in town?
8. What were the main focuses of Robbie, according to Anna when she is talking with Larry?
9. Why is Anna feeling stiff and out of sorts when she is in this scene after Burton leaves?
10. What does Pale have to say when Larry asks him if he and his wife have gotten a divorce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
Essay Topic 2
Anna notes that she doesn't really notice her biological clock as she and Burton begin to talk about living together. Anna is insistent too about staying where she is.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna does not know what to think about her biological clock?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna just wants to stay in the loft where she already lives?
Part 3: Do you think that Anna wants to marry Burton? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna and Pale seem to have a sexual relationship in this story, even though they don't seem to have much in common or even want to date each other.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna and Pale cling to each other in this story?
Part 2: Do you think it's realistic for Pale to be attracted to Anna? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic for Anna to be attracted to Pale? Why or why not?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)