|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna become upset that Robbie's family did not know about him?
2. Out of Robbie's entire family, no one has seen Robbie _________________ - his true passion.
3. How long has it been since anyone has come for Robbie's things after the wake?
4. Robbie did not have much, as his focus was on ____________, Anna, and Dominic, according to Anna.
5. Pale admits that he might have done some __________ earlier in the evening when Anna asks.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anna's explanation as to why she hasn't responded to Larry all day?
2. What does Larry remind Burton about the money that Burton receives for the scripts he writers?
3. What is the new script that Burton is working on, as revealed to Anna and Larry at the loft?
4. When Larry asks Burton about how he feels about the treatment of his movies by Hollywood, what does Burton reply?
5. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
6. What were the main focuses of Robbie, according to Anna when she is talking with Larry?
7. Why did Anna sign up for a dance class, as she admits to Larry when they are talking?
8. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
9. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
10. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna points out that she is angry for not being able to have a proper goodbye with Robbie as she is talking to Larry.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is angry about not getting a proper goodbye from Robbie?
Part 2: What do you think the importance of that final goodbye is for Anna?
Part 3: How do you think Anna could have had a proper goodbye with Robbie while at the wake?
Essay Topic 2
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
Essay Topic 3
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)