|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna offers Pale coffee, though he would clearly prefer ___________ as a beverage.
2. Pale compares Robbie to other guys by claiming that most guys are __________, but Robbie was light.
3. Burton explains his work is about the wives of ____________ and the longing they experience.
4. What did another car do to Pale as he pulled into a space before coming up to see Anna?
5. How many years had it been since Robbie had even seen his parents, showing just how distant they'd become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
2. Why is Anna angry, as she admits to Larry after Larry tells her that he can not stop thinking about Robbie?
3. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
4. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
5. Why did Burton take a job at eighteen as a messenger delivering to various homes?
6. When Burton describes Hollywood as a bunch of whores, what is Larry's response to this assessment?
7. What is Anna's opinion of Burton's script after she reads it and what is his reaction?
8. What happens to Anna when she is sleeping in the bedroom of the one of the nephews in Robbie's family?
9. What does Larry reveal he has been doing that evening while Anna and Burton were at their social engagement?
10. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
Essay Topic 2
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
Essay Topic 3
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)