|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry asks Burton what he thinks of the treatment that Hollywood gives to his _____________.
2. Larry tells Anna he can not keep from thinking about what happened to ______________.
3. What is the source of the loud noise that distracts Pale when he is talking with Anna and Larry?
4. Larry asks Anna what they should do with Robbie's _____________ since they're/it's beginning to pile up.
5. Pale admits that he might have done some __________ earlier in the evening when Anna asks.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Larry admit Anna has been working on when Burton asks Larry about her relationship with Pale?
2. What does Burton have to say about the weather in Canada where he was on vacation?
3. What does Pale admit to doing in addition to drinking before he came over to see Anna and to get Robbie's things?
4. Why were many of Robbie's dance colleagues and friends unable to attend the service?
5. Why will Anna be traveling the next day, according to her discussion with Larry?
6. What does Larry reveal he has been doing that evening while Anna and Burton were at their social engagement?
7. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
8. What did Larry give to Pale when Larry stopped by the bar earlier?
9. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
10. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry walks in on New Year's Eve in a funk, saying that there are more suicides at a gay New Year's Eve party than all of Scandinavia.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry is in such a foul mood when he comes back to the loft?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry is smoking again, though he wasn't before?
Part 3: Do you think Larry is a person who will find his happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Part of the pain that Anna feels is due to the fact that Robbie's family didn't know anything about his sexuality.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie's family didn't know about his sexuality?
Part 2: Why do you think this revelation affects Anna in the way that it does?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family actually knew the truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
This section contains 2,087 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)