|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry quote when he walks into the room to see Pale talking with Anna in the loft apartment?
2. Burton tells Larry that seeing ______________ in his account helps to soften the blow of Hollywood's actions.
3. What does Anna point out to Burton as he is talking about his new work, though he is not convinced of his direction?
4. What does Pale ask Anna for after going into yet another long rant about the city and people who live in it?
5. Pale is suddenly distracted by his __________, which are new so he takes them off as he has gotten hot in that area of his body.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna reveal about Pale's ideas about what happened to Robbie and to Dominic?
2. What is Burton's profession, as revealed at the start of the play?
3. What were the main focuses of Robbie, according to Anna when she is talking with Larry?
4. Who does Pale think is involved in the deaths of Robbie and of Dominic?
5. What does Larry reveal he has been doing that evening while Anna and Burton were at their social engagement?
6. What is Anna's opinion of Burton's script after she reads it and what is his reaction?
7. What does Burton have to say in response to Pale's comment/question about whether she is sleeping with Burton, too?
8. Describe the characters of Burton and Anna when the second act of the play begins?
9. Why did Anna sign up for a dance class, as she admits to Larry when they are talking?
10. What does Anna tell Pale when he moves to put his hand underneath her robe when they are on the couch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part of the pain that Anna feels is due to the fact that Robbie's family didn't know anything about his sexuality.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie's family didn't know about his sexuality?
Part 2: Why do you think this revelation affects Anna in the way that it does?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family actually knew the truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Burton is generally a science fiction writer but has recently turned to a love story as the focus of his next screenplay.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton decided to write a love story as opposed to his normal writing?
Part 2: Why do you think Burton is embarrassed about his new writing?
Part 3: Do you think writers should try to have just one genre in which to focus their writing or should the be more varied in the things they write?
Essay Topic 3
Anna points out that she has been working nonstop lately, as though she has so much creative work to do, choreography, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna is working nonstop? What might be driving her to do so?
Part 2: Why do you think a person can suddenly have a fit of creative inspiration? Do you think this is realistic?
Part 3: What other explanations might there be for Anna's sudden time away from others?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)