|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the dancer who is sitting on the couch at the start of the first act of this play?
2. Who is at the door when it buzzes at the start of the first scene of this play?
3. Larry rejects the idea that Hollywood is a bunch of whores, saying that his job as a(n) ______________ makes him a whore as well.
4. Robbie once thought Anna would make a good _________, and she admits to Pale that she likes it.
5. Pale figures that Anna and the others must have ___________ in the apartment since there is so little furniture.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
2. What does Burton have to say when Anna makes a comment about getting too personal?
3. To what story does Larry equates Burton's writing and motivation?
4. What does Anna tell Pale when he offers to make her tea and breakfast?
5. What does Anna say when Burton asks her if she will ever move out of the loft and into his place?
6. According to Pale, why does he hate messages and small pieces of paper?
7. What holiday is it when the second act of the play begins at 2:00AM?
8. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
9. What is the one thing that Robbie's family has never seen him do, which also upsets Anna?
10. Why is Anna feeling stiff and out of sorts when she is in this scene after Burton leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
Essay Topic 2
The experience of the wake is not a happy one for Anna, as she just wants to leave as she is so uncomfortable with Robbie's family.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna couldn't quite play along with the idea that Robbie was really her boyfriend?
Part 2: Do you think that Anna should have tried to make the best of the wake rather than trying to leave it? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that wakes help families after a death? Why or why not? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)