|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship that Robbie and Anna once shared when he was alive?
2. Pale informs Anna that he does not like ___________ and every time Anna leaves one he feels like he heard her the first time.
3. Pale admits that he might have done some __________ earlier in the evening when Anna asks.
4. Pale begins to talk about his friend _______ who is a bartender, though Anna is not interested in this topic.
5. What has Anna signed up for since she wants to purge her body of all of the movements that she has been teaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anna angry, as she admits to Larry after Larry tells her that he can not stop thinking about Robbie?
2. What holiday is it when the second act of the play begins at 2:00AM?
3. What does Anna say the difference between a glass and a flute is when Burton asks?
4. What happened between the man and Burton that Burton encountered when he was walking home drunk at the age of 20?
5. What does Anna tell Pale when he moves to put his hand underneath her robe when they are on the couch?
6. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
7. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
8. What is the one thing that Robbie's family has never seen him do, which also upsets Anna?
9. Why is Anna feeling stiff and out of sorts when she is in this scene after Burton leaves?
10. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
Essay Topic 3
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)