|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the company that Robbie was with, making it harder for them to come to his funeral?
2. What does Anna wrap herself in when she starts screaming about the butterflies coming to life?
3. What is the relationship that Robbie and Anna once shared when he was alive?
4. What is the genre in which Burton focuses most of his work for Hollywood?
5. Curse words fly as Pale continues to talk about trying to find a ___________ when he is talking with Anna.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anna feeling stiff and out of sorts when she is in this scene after Burton leaves?
2. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
3. What does Anna tell Pale when he moves to put his hand underneath her robe when they are on the couch?
4. What is the reasoning Anna gives for having spent a lot of money on the new flutes?
5. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
6. When Pale meets Larry, he says that he does not remember seeing Larry at the wake. What does Larry respond?
7. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
8. Why will Anna be traveling the next day, according to her discussion with Larry?
9. What is the one thing that Robbie's family has never seen him do, which also upsets Anna?
10. What is Anna's opinion of Burton's script after she reads it and what is his reaction?
Essay Topic 1
Anna notes that she doesn't really notice her biological clock as she and Burton begin to talk about living together. Anna is insistent too about staying where she is.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna does not know what to think about her biological clock?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna just wants to stay in the loft where she already lives?
Part 3: Do you think that Anna wants to marry Burton? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
Essay Topic 3
Pale seems to be a person who can not stay on one topic for a very long time as he first talks to Anna.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna continues to talk to Pale, even though he is scattered?
Part 2: Why do you think Pale continues to change the subject while talking with Anna?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale and Anna are a realistic couple? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,099 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)