|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Robbie's lover as revealed at the start of this scene?
2. Anna is going to _______________ for a week and then she is heading to Seattle for six weeks after that.
3. Who is Anna's other roommate who bursts in the door, trying to find out why she hasn't picked up the phone?
4. What has Anna not been able to do in a few days, so she is feeling stiff and out of sorts?
5. Pale figures that Anna and the others must have ___________ in the apartment since there is so little furniture.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the loud noise that distracts Pale coming from when he is in Larry and Anna's apartment?
2. What does Burton reveal about the play that he is writing, though he does not seem to think it is viable?
3. What does Larry admit Anna has been working on when Burton asks Larry about her relationship with Pale?
4. What does Burton have to say in response to Pale's comment/question about whether she is sleeping with Burton, too?
5. Who does Pale think is involved in the deaths of Robbie and of Dominic?
6. Why are Pale's wife and kids in Coral Gables and not with him in his life in town?
7. What does Anna have to say about her work when Burton asks her some questions about her life?
8. What does Pale admit to doing in addition to drinking before he came over to see Anna and to get Robbie's things?
9. When Burton describes Hollywood as a bunch of whores, what is Larry's response to this assessment?
10. Why is Anna angry, as she admits to Larry after Larry tells her that he can not stop thinking about Robbie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton is generally a science fiction writer but has recently turned to a love story as the focus of his next screenplay.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton decided to write a love story as opposed to his normal writing?
Part 2: Why do you think Burton is embarrassed about his new writing?
Part 3: Do you think writers should try to have just one genre in which to focus their writing or should the be more varied in the things they write?
Essay Topic 2
The introduction of the death of a good friend is the opening of this play, with a visibly-shaken Anna showing her grief.
Part 1: Why do you think death is used so often in literature as the main theme of a piece of writing?
Part 2: How do you think Anna would have reacted to the death had it not been a personal friend of hers?
Part 3: How do you think you would react to the death of a close friend?
Essay Topic 3
Part of the pain that Anna feels is due to the fact that Robbie's family didn't know anything about his sexuality.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie's family didn't know about his sexuality?
Part 2: Why do you think this revelation affects Anna in the way that it does?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family actually knew the truth? Why or why not?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)