|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robbie once thought Anna would make a good _________, and she admits to Pale that she likes it.
2. How long had Robbie lived in the apartment with Larry and with Anna?
3. What does Larry quote when he walks into the room to see Pale talking with Anna in the loft apartment?
4. What does Anna slip on when he hears the yelling and the banging on the door?
5. How old does Pale say Robbie was when Pale moved out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
2. What were the main focuses of Robbie, according to Anna when she is talking with Larry?
3. Where is the loud noise that distracts Pale coming from when he is in Larry and Anna's apartment?
4. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
5. To what story does Larry equates Burton's writing and motivation?
6. What happens when Burton calls Pale "Jimmy" instead of by his name Pale?
7. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
8. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
9. What is the new script that Burton is working on, as revealed to Anna and Larry at the loft?
10. What is the news that Burton learns upon arriving in Anna's apartment at the start of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
Essay Topic 2
Pale is an interesting character in the play, one that shakes up the world of not only Anna, but of Larry and Burton as well.
Part 1: Why do you think Pale was a character who was necessary in this play? What purpose does he serve?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna is drawn to Pale and to his odd mannerisms and personality?
Part 3: Do you think Pale is a character who can be trusted by Anna? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Anna points out that Burton's play is quite sad, but he thought the characters were having fun.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton and Anna have two different interpretations of the same text?
Part 2: Who is likely the person who is getting the meaning of the play right? Why?
Part 3: Do you think that Burton is upset with the fact that Anna doesn't have the same reaction to his play as he expected? Why or why not?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)