|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Flying Dutchman's love do which breaks the curse imposed upon him?
2. What does Larry quote when he walks into the room to see Pale talking with Anna in the loft apartment?
3. Pale also says that Anna knows him because he helped to save her from the _____________.
4. How many years had it been since Robbie had even seen his parents, showing just how distant they'd become?
5. Pale figures that Anna and the others must have ___________ in the apartment since there is so little furniture.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the new script that Burton is working on, as revealed to Anna and Larry at the loft?
2. Why will Anna be traveling the next day, according to her discussion with Larry?
3. What happened between the man and Burton that Burton encountered when he was walking home drunk at the age of 20?
4. What does Larry admit Anna has been working on when Burton asks Larry about her relationship with Pale?
5. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
6. When Pale meets Larry, he says that he does not remember seeing Larry at the wake. What does Larry respond?
7. What does Anna say when Burton asks her if she will ever move out of the loft and into his place?
8. What does Pale want to drink the next morning when Larry offers him a tea?
9. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
10. To what story does Larry equates Burton's writing and motivation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The experience of the wake is not a happy one for Anna, as she just wants to leave as she is so uncomfortable with Robbie's family.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna couldn't quite play along with the idea that Robbie was really her boyfriend?
Part 2: Do you think that Anna should have tried to make the best of the wake rather than trying to leave it? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that wakes help families after a death? Why or why not? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Larry walks in on New Year's Eve in a funk, saying that there are more suicides at a gay New Year's Eve party than all of Scandinavia.
Part 1: Why do you think Larry is in such a foul mood when he comes back to the loft?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry is smoking again, though he wasn't before?
Part 3: Do you think Larry is a person who will find his happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Larry points out that he was not invited to the wake when Pale makes a comment about Larry being a replacement for Robbie.
Part 1: Do you think anyone should be able to go to a wake? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry was not invited to the wake of Robbie?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale already knew who Larry was and was just trying to mock him? Why or why not?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)