|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the look that Anna ascribes to the men in Robbie's family, though they all sort of look like him, too?
2. __________ equates Burton's work with the myth of the Flying Dutchman.
3. The ___________ who eulogized Robbie had not seen Robbie in six years, making it an awkward speech.
4. What does Anna point out to Burton as he is talking about his new work, though he is not convinced of his direction?
5. Pale begins to talk about his friend _______ who is a bartender, though Anna is not interested in this topic.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Anna sign up for a dance class, as she admits to Larry when they are talking?
2. What is Anna's explanation as to why she hasn't responded to Larry all day?
3. What holiday is it when the second act of the play begins at 2:00AM?
4. What is Anna's opinion of Burton's script after she reads it and what is his reaction?
5. Who does Pale think is involved in the deaths of Robbie and of Dominic?
6. Describe the characters of Burton and Anna when the second act of the play begins?
7. What does Pale have to say when Larry asks him if he and his wife have gotten a divorce?
8. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
9. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
10. What does Anna tell Pale when he offers to make her tea and breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Burton makes the statement that life is about getting too personal, taking what is personal and making it the truth.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton feels so strongly about getting too personal?
Part 2: How does one take something that is personal and make it a truth?
Part 3: Why do you think that one should write "burn this" on something that is personal that has become a truth?
Essay Topic 2
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
Essay Topic 3
Anna is also upset about the idea that Robbie's family never saw him dance, which was his one true passion.
Part 1: Why do you think Robbie never shared with his family his dancing?
Part 2: Do you think you would hide some of your talents from your family? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think Robbie's family deserved to see him dance? Why or why not?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)