|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anna's other roommate who bursts in the door, trying to find out why she hasn't picked up the phone?
2. Where was the wake Anna attended for Robbie's death with Robbie's family?
3. Pale separates himself from his brother Robbie by the differences in their __________.
4. The family is not aware of the sexuality of Robbie, and they refer to Anna as his ______________.
5. What does Larry come in carrying when he enters the scene with Anna and the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pale admit to doing in addition to drinking before he came over to see Anna and to get Robbie's things?
2. What does Anna reveal about Pale's ideas about what happened to Robbie and to Dominic?
3. What does Burton have to say when Anna makes a comment about getting too personal?
4. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
5. What does Anna think they should do with Robbie's mail when Larry asks her what they should do with his mail?
6. What did Larry give to Pale when Larry stopped by the bar earlier?
7. According to Pale, why does he hate messages and small pieces of paper?
8. What does Anna tell Pale when he offers to make her tea and breakfast?
9. What does Anna say when Burton asks her if she will ever move out of the loft and into his place?
10. What does Burton have to say in response to Pale's comment/question about whether she is sleeping with Burton, too?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anna notes that she doesn't really notice her biological clock as she and Burton begin to talk about living together. Anna is insistent too about staying where she is.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna does not know what to think about her biological clock?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna just wants to stay in the loft where she already lives?
Part 3: Do you think that Anna wants to marry Burton? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Burton is generally a science fiction writer but has recently turned to a love story as the focus of his next screenplay.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton decided to write a love story as opposed to his normal writing?
Part 2: Why do you think Burton is embarrassed about his new writing?
Part 3: Do you think writers should try to have just one genre in which to focus their writing or should the be more varied in the things they write?
Essay Topic 3
The idea that Larry has to come up with a Christmas card that doesn't offend anyone becomes a late night topic of discussion.
Part 1: Do you think anything can ever be completely unoffensive? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry's coworkers thought his comment about homosexuals was a joke?
Part 3: Why do you think the company wanted the card to be as unoffensive as possible?
This section contains 2,122 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)