|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Anna to finally get up from where she is sitting to answer the door?
2. Pale points out that ________ was the one family member that Robbie actually liked.
3. Pale separates himself from his brother Robbie by the differences in their __________.
4. Who is at the door when it buzzes at the start of the first scene of this play?
5. What does Anna become upset that Robbie's family did not know about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna think they should do with Robbie's mail when Larry asks her what they should do with his mail?
2. What does Burton have to say about the weather in Canada where he was on vacation?
3. What happens when Burton calls Pale "Jimmy" instead of by his name Pale?
4. What does Anna say the difference between a glass and a flute is when Burton asks?
5. Why were many of Robbie's dance colleagues and friends unable to attend the service?
6. What is the reasoning Anna gives for having spent a lot of money on the new flutes?
7. What happens to Anna when she is sleeping in the bedroom of the one of the nephews in Robbie's family?
8. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
9. Where is the loud noise that distracts Pale coming from when he is in Larry and Anna's apartment?
10. What is on the message that Burton leaves for Anna on the answering machine before she picks it up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Larry points out that he was not invited to the wake when Pale makes a comment about Larry being a replacement for Robbie.
Part 1: Do you think anyone should be able to go to a wake? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Larry was not invited to the wake of Robbie?
Part 3: Do you think that Pale already knew who Larry was and was just trying to mock him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Burton admits easily that as long as he continues to be paid for his work, he doesn't care what Hollywood does with his scripts.
Part 1: Why do you think Burton is focused more on money than on art?
Part 2: Do you think it's a bad thing to enjoy getting paid for your art? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you have more or less respect for Burton after he says he just likes to get paid? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Anna has put herself into solitude because of Robbie's death, not answering the door or the phone, drinking her days and nights away.
Part 1: Do you think Anna was dealing with the death in a positive way? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Anna's roommate hasn't tried to stop her drinking?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna believes alcohol is the only way to stop her feelings of pain and grief?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)