|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Burton, a friend of Larry and Anna's during the play?
(b) Advertising executive.
2. What has Anna not been able to do in a few days, so she is feeling stiff and out of sorts?
3. What does Larry quote when he walks into the room to see Pale talking with Anna in the loft apartment?
(b) Burn This.
(c) Lust in the Dust.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
4. Robbie once thought Anna would make a good _________, and she admits to Pale that she likes it.
5. Larry decides to tell Anna about the Christmas card he has to design for _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as being well-built and sexy in his mid-thirties and is wearing a nice suit?
2. What is the look that Anna ascribes to the men in Robbie's family, though they all sort of look like him, too?
3. Who is the dancer who is sitting on the couch at the start of the first act of this play?
4. Pale begins to talk about his friend _______ who is a bartender, though Anna is not interested in this topic.
5. Anna offers Pale coffee, though he would clearly prefer ___________ as a beverage.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Larry give to Pale when Larry stopped by the bar earlier?
2. Why is Anna so upset when she is sitting on the couch by herself after Robbie's wake?
3. Why is Anna angry, as she admits to Larry after Larry tells her that he can not stop thinking about Robbie?
4. To what story does Larry equates Burton's writing and motivation?
5. What is Anna's explanation as to why she hasn't responded to Larry all day?
6. What does Anna respond when Larry asks her and Burton why they aren't out partying the night away?
7. What is the reasoning Anna gives for having spent a lot of money on the new flutes?
8. How does Larry enter the scene on this New Year's Day/New Year's Eve in the second act?
9. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
10. What does Anna tell Pale when he moves to put his hand underneath her robe when they are on the couch?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)