|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ equates Burton's work with the myth of the Flying Dutchman.
2. The new piece that Burton is writing is a ____________, something with which he is not entirely comfortable.
(a) Love story.
(b) War novel.
(d) Pop song.
3. How long has it been since anyone has come for Robbie's things after the wake?
(a) A year.
(b) A week.
(c) A day.
(d) One month.
4. Pale goes on about how he hates the social niceties of __________ and the like.
5. Who is Anna's other roommate who bursts in the door, trying to find out why she hasn't picked up the phone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pale separates himself from his brother Robbie by the differences in their __________.
2. Pale assures Anna that Robbie's family knew he was ____________.
3. Where is the company that Robbie was with, making it harder for them to come to his funeral?
4. What kind of accident were Robbie and his lover killed in, according to the information revealed in this scene?
5. What is Larry wearing when he next comes into the room, causing Pale to ask if he is doing a striptease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burton reveal about the play that he is writing, though he does not seem to think it is viable?
2. What does Anna think they should do with Robbie's mail when Larry asks her what they should do with his mail?
3. What does Robbie's family label Anna as since they are unaware of his love relationship?
4. Why are Pale's wife and kids in Coral Gables and not with him in his life in town?
5. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
6. What is the reasoning Anna gives for having spent a lot of money on the new flutes?
7. What happens to Anna when she is sleeping in the bedroom of the one of the nephews in Robbie's family?
8. Why did Anna sign up for a dance class, as she admits to Larry when they are talking?
9. Why did Burton take a job at eighteen as a messenger delivering to various homes?
10. What is the one new work assignment about which Anna seems to be most excited?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)