|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Larry chides Burton about where there will be _____________ in his new work.
2. What is the source of the loud noise that distracts Pale when he is talking with Anna and Larry?
(b) Car backfire.
3. Robbie did not have much, as his focus was on ____________, Anna, and Dominic, according to Anna.
4. What is the "real" name of Pale that he reveals to Anna though few people actually call him this?
5. From where has Burton just arrived, having just ended his trip there to come back to see Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had it been since Robbie had even seen his parents, showing just how distant they'd become?
2. Out of Robbie's entire family, no one has seen Robbie _________________ - his true passion.
3. What is the genre in which Burton focuses most of his work for Hollywood?
4. What causes Anna to finally get up from where she is sitting to answer the door?
5. Who decides to take Anna back to the bus station, glad to be rid of her and her presence in Robbie's family's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Burton's profession, as revealed at the start of the play?
2. When Anna asks Pale how he could marry someone he felt nothing for, how does he respond?
3. To what story does Larry equates Burton's writing and motivation?
4. Why does Pale decide to take off his shoes when in Anna's apartment a month after Robbie's death?
5. What are some of the things that Larry reveals he was told not to put on the Chrysler Christmas card he is designing?
6. Why is Anna angry, as she admits to Larry after Larry tells her that he can not stop thinking about Robbie?
7. Why will Anna be traveling the next day, according to her discussion with Larry?
8. What does Anna reveal about Pale's ideas about what happened to Robbie and to Dominic?
9. What does Pale want to drink the next morning when Larry offers him a tea?
10. What does Burton have to say about the weather in Canada where he was on vacation?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)