|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the nephews spend all afternoon doing while the adults attended the wake?
(a) Collecting butterflies.
(b) Playing tag.
(c) Eating mud pies.
(d) Collecting frogs.
2. What does Larry decide to put on the card instead of any of the typical Christmas symbols?
(d) Candy canes.
3. The new piece that Burton is writing is a ____________, something with which he is not entirely comfortable.
(b) Love story.
(c) War novel.
(d) Pop song.
4. Burton remarks about how fickle the _____________ can be in Canada during this time of year.
5. What is the "real" name of Pale that he reveals to Anna though few people actually call him this?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry wearing when he next comes into the room, causing Pale to ask if he is doing a striptease?
2. Where are Robbie's things, which is not a place where Larry wants to go in order to get them?
3. Larry chides Burton about where there will be _____________ in his new work.
4. Robbie once thought Anna would make a good _________, and she admits to Pale that she likes it.
5. What does Pale ask Anna for after going into yet another long rant about the city and people who live in it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Burton take a job at eighteen as a messenger delivering to various homes?
2. What does Burton have to say when Anna makes a comment about getting too personal?
3. What is the new script that Burton is working on, as revealed to Anna and Larry at the loft?
4. What happens when Larry goes over to the bathroom to check up on Pale to see how he is doing?
5. What is Burton's profession, as revealed at the start of the play?
6. What does Burton reveal about the play that he is writing, though he does not seem to think it is viable?
7. What were the main focuses of Robbie, according to Anna when she is talking with Larry?
8. What is the reasoning Anna gives for having spent a lot of money on the new flutes?
9. What does Anna tell Pale when he offers to make her tea and breakfast?
10. What holiday is it when the second act of the play begins at 2:00AM?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)