|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Robbie's lover as revealed at the start of this scene?
2. The Flying Dutchman can only come onshore every __________ years according to the story and the curse.
3. What has Anna not been able to do in a few days, so she is feeling stiff and out of sorts?
4. Pale points out that ________ was the one family member that Robbie actually liked.
5. ______________ chides Anna by asking why she does not just go ahead and marry Burton for the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry said that the card that his bosses have in mind will only offend _____________, which he means to say in a sarcastic way.
2. Pale admits that he might have done some __________ earlier in the evening when Anna asks.
3. Pale figures that Anna and the others must have ___________ in the apartment since there is so little furniture.
4. Who is the dancer who is sitting on the couch at the start of the first act of this play?
5. Pale goes on about how he hates the social niceties of __________ and the like.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burton have to say when Anna makes a comment about getting too personal?
2. What does Pale want to drink the next morning when Larry offers him a tea?
3. What is Anna's opinion of Burton's script after she reads it and what is his reaction?
4. Where is the loud noise that distracts Pale coming from when he is in Larry and Anna's apartment?
5. Why is Anna surprised to see Pale come to her loft after the death of Robbie?
6. What happened between the man and Burton that Burton encountered when he was walking home drunk at the age of 20?
7. What does Larry reveal he has been doing that evening while Anna and Burton were at their social engagement?
8. Why were many of Robbie's dance colleagues and friends unable to attend the service?
9. When Anna asks Larry how long he has been smoking, what does Larry reply?
10. Why did Burton take a job at eighteen as a messenger delivering to various homes?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)